your choice in guitars?

Get the tagima, it's the same shit, 27 frets and whatever. The only drawback is the finish, which is not that kickass when compared to the esp. But it goes for about 600 USD I think

Noble Viking said:
I think some of Yngwie fenders are also scalloped. Did you guys know they have an ESP guitar bulding academy in Japan? Some you guys should join or look into it (goth fiend)

actually all of the yngwie strats are scalloped, and as for the esp academy i have heard about it, but im more of a hobby builder

BloodyScalpel said:
Get the tagima, it's the same shit, 27 frets and whatever. The only drawback is the finish, which is not that kickass when compared to the esp. But it goes for about 600 USD I think

link man? that guitar is nice!

not sure, im more familiar with the very staple woods of guitar building, not really exotics or foreign woods at all,but i wonder how much those guitars cost, if it is about 600 like you say, i might just have to look into one.

exactly, if the guitar is well built and has a good setup it will sound good imho, unless the thing is made from plywood then not even emg's can fix that bitch.

Scalloped...i learned something completely new today.
What does it really matter for sound? A vibrato kind of sound? Or is it mainly for playability?

scalloped means this...
http://www.fendereurope.com/fenderfiles/images/scallopedfretboard.jpg

It's easier for vibrato, bends and stuff, but it needs more accurate technique in order to play fast, and you can't press the strings much if you want to stay in tune. Pretty much 'take it or leave it'.

Cedro is the same as cedar, but probably from another subspecies or something like that...there are always differences between woods from differente places(ie brazilian vs indian rosewood; canadian vs european alder etc). It has a kind of a bassy sound, not like mahogany though. It's just a little louder in the low end than other woods like alder, basswood and such, but it's a lot more balanced overall than mahogany. The weight is about the same as alder, a little lighter perhaps, but very little.

I'm not completely sure it's about 600, I think that's the k2, but anyway it can't be more than 1400 or something(the exchange rate for the currency is good for exporting). Of course you can't buy a guitar based upon reviews, go to a store and test it, I think they are selled in europe as well. That esp looks beautiful, but you say it costs 4000 euros...it's up to you

I googled the Kiko Loureiro ESP and I could only find prices on a Japanese and a Australian site, calculated the prices and they were pretty expensive..

If the Tagima is 600 USD, I might look into that... If they sell them in Europe I might be able to play one, if I knew where they have them... and the Tagima isn´t scalloped btw

I got an ESP M-II (similar to the guitar that plays michael romeo) and im really proud of it!!! (dunno how to post a img) :hotjump:

NEW GEAR IS FUN!!!!!!!
rack002.jpg

i love having a seperate eq from that damn preamp

rack001.jpg

lead boost from a ds-1 (wait till i get it back from robert keeley then you will see!) not pictured, midi controller and whammy