YOur Equipment

Feel_The_Force said:
lol, i'm sorry i can't compete with your Mesa Dual Rectifier assault!
more sound > more watts

the rectifier is thrash metal sound.. what i am searching for is a high mid sound.. which i cant have with my recto

I might be picking up an Ibanez SA soon. It's the one with the Piezo's in the bridge that they're not producing anymore. Found a shop that's got 3 of them. Anybody think it's worthwhile?

HomerJ_123 said:
more sound > more watts

the rectifier is thrash metal sound.. what i am searching for is a high mid sound.. which i cant have with my recto

That is my ultimate amp, either that or an Engl Powerball or Peavey 5150/6505. But at the moment i don't need that much power (and i don't have enough money lol)

wow, this thread is ooooold!
i saw the crap i was playing out of 5 years ago.
i think i've upgraded quite a bit
allgear107.jpg

^these LPs are awesome!!! But I'm not a fan of crybabies, I gave mine away for free...

My Equipment:
Ibanez Prestige RG CTWB-VV (Limited Edition with Vine Inlays), Backup a Yamaha RG 72I (pretty cool for the money, it's worth every cent of the 500 Bucks I paid)
Giuliani Acoustic and a noname Concert Guitar (both are really bad, I'll get a new one in the next days/weeks. Perhaps an Euphoria)

Engl Powerball + Engl Vintage V30 4x12
Bad Horsie 2
Behringer FCB1010 (the best behringer product so far)

And for homerecording a V-Amp, but for metal, it's pretty bad...

Current Equipment:

Transparent Lavender Ibanez RG320FM + Roland 30X Cube amp.

Soon (well, some months away) to be equipment :rofl::

Snow White with Black bevels Jackson KE2 + Roland 30X Cube amp.

AXES:
ESP Dave Mustaine flying V (LTD version, pre-LiveWire pickups)
Ibanez RG-350 DX; Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, PAF Joe in the neck
Ibanez 7-String

AMP:
Line 6 Vetta 1, 200w head
Marshall MG-412 cab

AXES:
ESP Dave Mustaine flying V (LTD version, pre-LiveWire pickups)
Ibanez RG-350 DX; Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, PAF Joe in the neck
Ibanez 7-String

AMP:
Line 6 Vetta 1, 200w head
Marshall MG-412 cab

just ordered an RG 350dx from my local guitar shop , how do you like yours? I've only heard real good things about it.

It's an amazing guitar for the price, the action's amazing, the neck feels great, and rarely goes out of tune. It sounded amazing when I bought it, but after putting in a Dimarzio X2N and PAF Joe, did I start pissing my pants every time I play it.

It's an amazing guitar for the price, the action's amazing, the neck feels great, and rarely goes out of tune. It sounded amazing when I bought it, but after putting in a Dimarzio X2N and PAF Joe, did I start pissing my pants every time I play it.

cool, any recordings with it?

cool, any recordings with it?
Not yet, but when we record, I'll use it as much as I can. All my guitar solos are gonna be recorded on my 6-String.

I'm also getting a 7-string from the kid that blew my amp which already has the exact same pickups (in 7-string form) loaded into that already. He's giving me that instead of actually paying for my amp.

^these LPs are awesome!!! But I'm not a fan of crybabies, I gave mine away for free...

thanks!
i hate the newer crybabies. they're way to harsh on the top end and they suck tone in bypass mode.
those aren't both crybabies in the picture. the one is a early 70's crybaby (completely different than the new production ones), and the other one is a mxr phase 90 clone custom built into a wah case. the up and down sweep controls the phaser speed.

I hate the new crybaby. It's on my pedalboard which I don't even use anymore. I tried selling it, but they wouldn't take it 'cause I drew all over it with Silver Sharpie. The tone sucks ass.
Ever try the Vox Clyde McCoy wah? That's a good pedal right there.

Not yet, but when we record, I'll use it as much as I can. All my guitar solos are gonna be recorded on my 6-String.

I'm also getting a 7-string from the kid that blew my amp which already has the exact same pickups (in 7-string form) loaded into that already. He's giving me that instead of actually paying for my amp.
hehe how did he blew it? :) which amp?