Your favorite concept album

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
Call me conventional, but my favorite concept album is Pink Floyd’s The Wall. The entire album seems to relate to the lives of so many people I know. The song “Mother” comes into mind immediately my roommate Nick has an overprotective mother; she literally runs every aspect of his life. She has all these fears of the world within herself and she unknowingly projects these fears onto him, her “protection” is ruining his life (Roger Waters knows his shit uh?). I’ve tried to get him to listen to this album for that realization and other things, but he refuses. Anyway, that is just one of the many reasons The Wall is my favorite.

edge od sanity-crimson
opeth-MAYH

and now that you mention it soul4raziel, pink floyd-the wall is definitely one of the best abums that was ever recorded.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
Call me conventional, but my favorite concept album is Pink Floyd’s The Wall. The entire album seems to relate to the lives of so many people I know. The song “Mother” comes into mind immediately my roommate Nick has an overprotective mother; she literally runs every aspect of his life. She has all these fears of the world within herself and she unknowingly projects these fears onto him, her “protection” is ruining his life (Roger Waters knows his shit uh?). I’ve tried to get him to listen to this album for that realization and other things, but he refuses. Anyway, that is just one of the many reasons The Wall is my favorite.

yeah, absolutely a brilliant album. I enjoy a lot "Wish You Were Here" and "Dark Side of the Moon" as well.

besides those:

Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory
Lacrimosa - Elodia
Solefad - Pills Against the Ageless Ills
Devil Doll - Dies Irae
Moonspell - The Butterfly Effect
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth
Ayreon - Universal Migrator Pts I & II
Ulver - Themes from William Blake's "Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Definately
Anathema "Eternity"
In The Woods..."Strange in Stereo" (It has some esoteric conception)