Your favorite Death vocal performance

Jimmy... Dead.

contemplative curmudgeon
Feb 7, 2007
Planet Bullshit
I've been listening to a shit load of Death today and was thinking who is my fav vocalist in this genre.

Now I don't really mean overall (live) but an album or a song you think this vocalist performance shines.

I'm going with Lord Worm in the song Benedictine Convulsions.

Just listen to the guy the last minute of the song, its fucking killer!

Please, share some of your fav's

chuck hands down for screaming, grunting on the other hand is a tough one but im gonna go with gorguts

Martin van Drunen from the first two Pestilence and Asphyx albums. No one manages the hysterical screaming as well.

Gorehead on Miasma's Changes. The greatest deep growls I've heard. Completely intelligible and utterly convincing.

And the obligatory mention of Antti Boman from Demilich.

As much of a shallow and simply "fun" band as Psycroptic is Matthew Chalk is absolutely great, fucking fantastic in every way.

He doesn't sing on that release. Just the first 2 as far as I know.

Well that blows.

Oh well, a friend recommended I get Symbols of Failure, i took a chance. I hope its decent.

I could never get into Akercocke, i think i have antichrist or something like that. The vocals just seemed a bit generic. Maybe I should give it another listen.

favorites death metal vocal performances.

Dan Swano on Edge of Sanity 'unorthodox' and 'the spectral sorrows' and general EoS

Ex Necrophobic vocalist Anders Strokirk on 'the nocturnal silence'.

Tomi Koivusaari on amorphis -the karelian isthmus.

Mikael on Bloodbath-resurrection through carnage

L-G Petrov on Entombed 'left hand path'.

Taneli Jarva on Sentenced -north from here.

Yeah obviously fucking Mike. He destroys on Crimson, too.

"Or is she the offspring of the unholy... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!"