• Gothenburg Metal

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Gloom Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hair Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Metal

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • True Metal (Bands like Lost Horizon, Manowar...)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Averathinx

Wanderer
Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Vote!:)

Sorry if I forgot any genre, but I wrote down what I could imagine at the moment...

The option "New Metal" is just there for fun:lol: I know it shouldn't be called metal to begin with, hehe:)

And sorry, but I didn't have the option "Borknagar-metal" with, but perhaps you can vote to something that is somehow similar to it. If that even is possible to categorize it in one of the genres.

Hi!

I wont vote too. I like so many genres and I cannot choose any of them. I can tell you which genres I prefer.

Black Metal / Viking Metal / Folk Metal / Epic Metal / Doom Metal / Dark Metal / Atmospheric Metal / Neoclassical Metal / Dark Ambient / Dark Wave...

Last two maybye aren't metal, but they're somehow connected with metal music...

Regards,
Xaplan

I also wont vote. How could i choose one genre when i love at least half of what you listed?!
By the way couldn't be for example viking metal also epic or isn't dark also atmospheric (folk is atmosperic for me either like gothic and doom are). Viking metal is a metal with viking lyrics, it's genre of lyrics so how could i compare with f. ex. black or death which are genres of music...
Next...You haven't mentioned f.ex. progressive metal (but you have Gothenburg although that range of that genre is smaller :))
Finally i have a question...what is hair metal?

i voted for OLDSCHOOL SWEDISH DEATH!!! you knows, bands like Dismember, Edge OF Sanity, Utumno, Uncanny, old Entombed, Corpse, Nihilist, Grave, Carnage, Seance, Unanimated, Crypt Of Kerberos, Afflicted... etc.

By the way couldn't be for example viking metal also epic

Yes, but viking metal may be special, and therefore it also is a genre. I mean, it is "more" then just epic. You get what I mean?

or isn't dark also atmospheric (folk is atmosperic for me either like gothic and doom are).

Every genre may be atmospheric, but some bands are very atmospheric. "In the Woods..." for example.

Viking metal is a metal with viking lyrics, it's genre of lyrics so how could i compare with f. ex. black or death which are genres of music...

I don't see black or death metal as just genres of music. There is some special "attitude" among all genres, which is different to each one.

Next...You haven't mentioned f.ex. progressive metal (but you have Gothenburg although that range of that genre is smaller )

Damn, I forgot that. Sorry.

Finally i have a question...what is hair metal?

It is the more commercial metal scene during the 80's. Bands like Aerosmith and Motley Crue. Altough some may not call it metal, but I wrote it at the list anyway.

And by the way, i know it is difficult to choose one genre, when you like different bands from almost all of them. But if you can, please vote for a genre that you like slightly more then the others. If possible...

Based on current tastes, I'd have to say that Viking Metal is my favorite subgenre. It's also the one area of metal that I believe is not yet fully explored and offers the most opportunity for great music down the road...

\m/ :mad: Hail THYRFING! :mad: \m/