Your favourite band no one has heard of

Altera Enigma
Johansson (Jens Johansson's project)
Ahab
Xentrix
Tusk

I don't even think I've ever heard any of these bands being mentioned anywhere, except for possibly Ahab, but I'm not sure.

Altera Enigma
Johansson (Jens Johansson's project)
Ahab
Xentrix
Tusk

I don't even think I've ever heard any of these bands being mentioned anywhere, except for possibly Ahab, but I'm not sure.

Xentrix is very well known among thrashers.

Yes, unknown is a relative term, but for those who have been metal fans for a while, and have been discussing it online for a while, you get a sense (within each genre) of what bands "everyone" knows about, what bands metalheads know about, what "underground" bands are mentioned among serious metalheads, what obscure bands that a few people talk about now and then, and what bands you never or rarely hear discussed. You say you have a pretty extensive collection, but if you say Xentrix is a band "no one" has heard of, then you haven't had much exposure to thrash or thrash fans.

i totally agree. there's much better stuff then ahab. i wonder why there's so much buzz about that boring album

I've never heard a pip squeak about Xentrix from anyone. I've mentioned them in thrash threads here & nobody said anything. Pretty much same thing about Ahab. I got a rec from another board for them, but that's all I've heard about them.

As "well known" as Jens Johansson is I've never heard anyone speak of his solo projects. He's got a really cool power metal album with Michael Romeo on guitar entitled "The Last Viking".

I don't think a band counts as kvlt if they're on itunes- ahab and GC, I'm looking at you.

that said, I like both bands. Being super-underground is cool and all, but most of the bands I actually enjoy are fairly well-known.

Dödfödd

I don't see them mentioned here.... pretty good stuff.

Yeah. Understandable when all they've released is a couple of demos. Shame they never got a full album out, they sure had potential.

Vintersemestre
Flamma Aeterna (another one that had huge potential)
Sortsind
Antropomorphia (although I'm sure this will change soon seeing as DeathevokatioN covered them)

Absolutely. Such an underrated band.

Indeed, hey do you know if Occult Revelation (2001) was ever released? I know Aggestum Armageddon (2000) wasn't, but I can't really seem to find any information saying that Occult Revelation (2001) wasn't.

Oh man, and it took me 4 years of searching, and a friend of mine 6 months of searching, just to find Damnanus - Dominum (1999) and Die Lieder von Tod und Ewigkeit (EP, 1997). I have two copies of Die Lieder... now. I was also lucky that all of them were mint condition.