Your favourite band no one has heard of

Nearly every artist I listen to hardly anyone I know has heard of, however compared to a lot of the music talked about of these boards I wouldn't say much of the stuff I listen to would necessarily be called "obscure"... You guys must all hang around a totally different social circle than I do to know so many people that know who Peste Noir or Aldramech are or whatever.

In my small social circle Nile are unheard of. Even when they played here live there was only about 250 people at their show, & Orlando is huge city. I only have a couple of friends into metal, & they're more into oldschool stuff. I do have a couple of like minded friends who I can talk music to, but my chances of going out & finding someone with similar taste in music is slim to none.
Clearly we're not going on real life people because then every single band besides Metallica and Iron Maiden would qualify

Clearly we're not going on real life people because then every single band besides Metallica and Iron Maiden would qualify

I don't quite know what ya mean by that. I do know a lot of people who don't know who Iron Maiden are though. Metallica is a lot more popular. They have THE name that people identify with Metal & they had many MTV/radio hits throughout the 90's.

I basically have 4 friends that actually listen to metal, & 2 of them I hardly ever talk to. The other 2 are much more into spacey technical fusion stuff than metal, yet they know a bunch of metal bands.

I just think it's crazy that a lot of people here think that some of these bands being mentioed aren't obscure. I've never heard music from a lot of them & I have a pretty extensive metal collection.

I don't quite know what ya mean by that. I do know a lot of people who don't know who Iron Maiden are though. Metallica is a lot more popular. They have THE name that people identify with Metal & they had many MTV/radio hits throughout the 90's.

I basically have 4 friends that actually listen to metal, & 2 of them I hardly ever talk to. The other 2 are much more into spacey technical fusion stuff than metal, yet they know a bunch of metal bands.

I just think it's crazy that a lot of people here think that some of these bands being mentioned aren't obscure. I've never heard music from a lot of them & I have a pretty extensive metal collection.
What I mean is that the bands discussed in this thread should be limited to bands that no one knowledgeable about metal has heard of, because if we went by the average person every single metal band would count as band no one has heard of. Not that difficult to understand.

I don't see Barathrum mentioned very often, if even at all, but some of you have probably heard of them. Might not be the best band ever but they hold a special meaning to me 'cause it's the first black metal band I started listening to.

I don't listen to much obscure metal really... Is Spastic Ink obscure?

Nearly every artist I listen to hardly anyone I know has heard of, however compared to a lot of the music talked about of these boards I wouldn't say much of the stuff I listen to would necessarily be called "obscure"... You guys must all hang around a totally different social circle than I do to know so many people that know who Peste Noir or Aldramech are or whatever.

In my small social circle Nile are unheard of. Even when they played here live there was only about 250 people at their show, & Orlando is huge city. I only have a couple of friends into metal, & they're more into oldschool stuff. I do have a couple of like minded friends who I can talk music to, but my chances of going out & finding someone with similar taste in music is slim to none.

Jesus christ you're not very smart...

I was pretty happy last time I listened to... ?

Man, it's so obscure I can't even remember it.

But seriously I think it was Psychic Pawn with their hit album Decadent Delirium. I know I have seen it mentioned here once before, and I though it was V or Nec in the recs forum. But I am sure most everyone else hasn't heard of them.

Chris: yeah I recommend Psychic Pawn every now and then, but it's such good kvlt stuff only a few people deserve to know about them :p

I just realised I've had Psychic Pawn's Wake of Entity for a while now. This shit fucking owns! If someone can upload me their full length (I can't find it anywhere), may many hot busty blondes bring beer to your front door.

Off the top of my head

Mystical Gate
1000 Funerals
Autumn Leaves (not mentioned nearly enough, although not as unknown as they were some 4 years ago)
Withered Beauty

No, I'm not really a fan, but he HUGELY lacks fucking common sense.

I don't understand you malfunction. I said I don't know many folks who listen to metal, it's not that hard to understand. You either read too much into what I say, or you don't read enough into what I say. You seem to be the one lacking common sense ;)

I just think most bands mentioned in this thread qualify. While some of them are briefly talked about on this board, most bands mentioned in this thread are still relatively obscure. It doesn't mean that they're completely unheard of.

If I offend you so much & you can't mentally grasp what I say then put me on block.

User CP > Buddy/Igonre Lists > Add New User To List > ShredHeadJHJ > Save List

I'm never a blatant asshole to anyone here, you have no right to constantly berate me. In my eyes that just makes you look very immature, nothing more, nothing less.