Your favourite game/movie soundtracks

Aexalven

Big Paws
Dec 1, 2008
Wowter Heaven
Dunno if this thread will be succesful, but at least maybe someone will introduce me to some new shit i'll like.

So, obviously starting with Golden Sun and...

Chrono Trigger and Xenogears leap to mind. Two amazing RPGs with perfect soundtracks.
I was always a fan of some Donkey Kong Country (all three) tracks but those are hit and miss.
Most of the game music that I really enjoy is from the pre-PS2/Xbox days, music does not seem to be emphasized as much these days.

I dont like music from ps1 era, it sounded ridiculously fake to me and unpleasant for my ears, it was neither "orchestral" nor "8bit" music but some middleground/ But fans remade some of the good melodies (silent hill, FF tactics, Final Fantasy VII) and they are pretty good now :)

There are some good ps1 era soundtracks (Xenogears is an example), but I tend to prefer SNES soundtracks for some reason. Even simple ones like Super Metroid are forever engraved in my head.

I will always love this track. Not only its the most fitting main theme in the entire history of video games but its also fucking amazing.

Had this on repeat when I lost myself in the mountains during heavy rain. I could get mauled by a bear for all i cared, at least I had this in my headphones

I never found metal good as game soundtracks. Maybe in some of the places / situations but the entire soundtrack just gets boring real quick. During playing its okay-ish, but listening to it alone is just meh.