Your favourite game/movie soundtracks

FF VI and VII had some epic tunes. RE2 had a great soundtrack that really made the game imo. The main theme from Metal Gear solid is also epic as fuck. Diablo 2 had some prety cool ambient music. Those are the ones that come to mind.

All Metal Gear main themes are amazing, from the MSX titles, through mgs1, 2, 3, 4, portable ops and peace walker.
And then MGS V happened and some swedish kid decided he can make music and turned on his pretty software and absolutely ruined the game with one of the worst soundtracks of XXI century.

Sweden, not even once.

I also like the fact that you cant almost find the actual mgs v main theme because nobody even remembers it :rofl:

The Doom 64/ PS1 soundtracks were mostly ambient and they were completely amazing for that reason. Obviously Doom 1 PC has an iconic soundtrack, but it had nothing on the solemn horror themed ambience used in the two console versions. They were beyond atmospheric and it was amazing, not to mention unusual for an FPS at the time. It fits the game far better than the original PC midis.

The STALKER games used the same type of soundtrack and it served them very well.

I could probably play the entire PS Doom soundtrack in the background while writing or creating something.

Plus the best Doom track ever was introduced on PS1

Descent 2 was one of the first games I ever played that had a kickass industrial/metal soundtrack. It made that game feel so damn intense and epic, and it fit the frantic gameplay style perfectly. There are a few lame songs on the soundtrack (track 4 is downright terrible) but most of it is pretty great.

At the time there didn't seem to be too many games coming out with that kind of higher quality industrialized soundtrack except maybe Command and Conquer.... Speaking of which. All hail the king of RTS theme songs.

Basically every Donkey Kong Country song that is atmospheric or melancholy is really great. I'm not a fan of the more bouncy upbeat songs but there are some solid tracks to be found across all the DKC games.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me about Red Alert II soundtrack <3 Ill give the rest a go during todays workout.

In the meantime, ending theme of the best polish movie ever made (and that will ever be made it seems). Great polish/russian cast, great music, great visuals and battle scenes for its age, masterpiece