Your favourite song of Fiction.

Your favourite song of Fiction!

• Total voters
I'm thinking of putting this quote in my signature, and putting "rehashed boring dt metal" in bold aswell.

People would think you agree with that statement. You're overestimating your average user's ability to recognize irony.

However, he's entitled to his opinion. Aside from coming out of the shadow only to express it even where it's less than relevant, you can't really fault him for not liking Fiction.

here's a brief review i did back in may 07 when the album came out:

"FICTION BY DARK TRANQUILLITY = 2ND BEST ALBUM OF ALLTIME

let me start off by saying, oh my fucking god this cd is amazing. its... different. after character i was expecting like a faster heavier cd, but they went back to the projector style stuff,adding much more melody, but still keeping their new sound. its brilliant. the lyrics are poetic. lyrics usually dont matter to me, but these are just amazing. they make it that much better. basically, this cd doesnt have any like pure "heavy" songs. the heaviest songs still have so much melody that it makes it relaxing. its so cool. they also have a lot more piano shit in this cd and it works really well. u have to listen to this cd when your in a subconsious relaxing mood, or else u wont like it as much. its not an ager metal cd, but its still heavy. buy this fucking cd. now. theres a bunch of songs on here that i cant decide which is the best...

1. Nothing To No One 10/10 (4th best): amazing. the new lost to apathy, if you will. theres an awesome piano solo thing after the second chorus which is really cool.

2. The Lesser Faith 10/10 (6th best): really cool intro and then it changes and gets heavier. good lyrics. he dreams that the world ends or something.

3. Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive) 10/10 (7th best): this song is great as well. the chorus is really fun and melodic.

4. Blind At Heart 10/10 (5th best): the chorus's lyrics are great and so is the music too. a very good song.

5. Icipher 10/10 (2nd best): took it awhile to grow on me, but the intro riff is infectious. the lyrics also propell it to the top. it definitly standout, just takes awhile to realize how good it is

6. Inside The Particle Storm 11/10 (1nd best): i didnt like this song at first, but like i said u have to listen to this cd when ur in a sad or tired/relaxing mood to appreciate it. when i got this cd i was in a hyper angry kill people mood so i didnt really like it. but then i really listened to it and like, it was a little boring at first but like, it doesnt seem like a song.its like a hypnotic chant.its so cool. u should try it. its like about the apocalypse. its amazing. my 2nd fav song of alltime. perfect song. many of u will disagree, but there is so much detail and nothing is missing from it. if i knew i was about to die, this is the song i would wanna hear. it makes u feel really intense.

7. Empty Me 10/10 (10th best): good song. its kind of a filler and it doesnt stand out, but its good to listen too, as long as youre not antsy to hear the other amazing songs on this cd.

8. Misery's Crown 10/10 (3rd best): wow. i didnt like the clean vocals at first. but. wow. its so good. the lyrics are great. the chorus is like, hypnotic. it controls me. it tells me what to do. and u can relate it to anything and anyone. its great.

9. Focus Shift 10/10 (8th best): the first single off the cd. great way of demonstarting the intensity of this album

10. The Mundane And The Magic 10/10 (9th best): im a sucker for any song that has a chick with a sweet sounding voice on it, ill admit it. the duet was essentially to the balance of this song

hard time deciding what songs were the best (theyre amazing)"

haha wow i was a tool 4 years back. i basically agree still except the order now would be:
1. inside the particle storm
2. icipher
3. nothing to no one
4. misery's crown
5. terminus
6. blind at heart
7. the lesser faith
8. focus shift
9. a closer end
10. the mundane and the magic
11. empty me
12. below the radiance
13. winter triangle
14. silence in the house of tongues

also, when i first heard inside the particle storm, i was like, this is my least fav song off the album, but after a while it grew on me and now it's my 2nd fav song of all time. funny how that happens isnt it?

I thought I would be one of the few to have Inside The Particle Storm as the favourite but it's actually on top, that's nice. The whole song is perfect in my opinion, and the lyrics are godly!

The Lesser Faith gets my vote. It may not be the most impressive from a compositional standpoint but it's usually the first song I go to.

Maybe there's something in that song I can't hear, but if I were to make a top 50 DT songs list, I don't think Lesser Faith would make mine. And I ain't saying that to troll or anything.

I mean, it's not bad. Just... yeah. I had to listen to it again when I saw this thread resurrected to even remember what it sounded like (and I've heard that album, start to finish, at least 50 times over just on long road trips alone).

The fade-in intro combined with the lyrics and keyboard melodies make it stand out for some reason. It's not the the most original track on the album just one that I personally enjoy amongst the others. I guess it's just easily accessible.