Your last CD purchase?

SculptedCold said:
I've downloaded 3 tracks from Death Cult Armageddon so far and i'm extremely disappointed; it's exactly the same music formula that came from Puritanical. They already sound like they're rehashing themselves.

I thought Dimmu's career was built on rehashing themselves :D

anyway a trip to the used CD store didn't yield any new metal cds but i got some cool non-metal stuff:

Tom Waits: Frank's Wild YEars & Small Change
Black Tape For a Blue Girl: As One Laid Aflame By Desire
Tea Party-Interzone Mantras
2001 and Eyes Wide Shut soundtracks

Sonnenritter said:
Hey, Ulvedal, what made the Mörk Gryning album dissappointing? Bad production, rehashed songs, etc? I haven't had a chance to hear anything from it yet.
Hey Sonnenritter...

The production is good, the songs are all with new inspirations, keyboarder in the line-up and well written lyrics; so the problem is not really mentioned above... If familiar with the earlier works of Mörk Gryning and you think this is in the same league - with powerfull guitarhymns, the nice equilibrium between the raw blackmetal and the beautiful melodies... Like the track "Ont Blod" (Maelstrom Chaos)...
THINK AGAIN!! Their whole damn sound has modernized into some kind of futuric design of good evil(?)... I think this transformation is bad compared to their old sound - without this new album to be poor... Just not THAT good...

i bought recently

below the lights - enslaved
life is killing me - type o negative
renascent misanthropy - Astriaal

next cd i'm buying is enemies of reality - nevermore

the last few I can remember are:

Kreator- 1985-1992 Past Life Trauma
Autopsy-Torn From the Grave
Brutal Truth-Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses
Myrkskog-Death Machine

and uhh...Burning Witch-7 Hymns to Our Lord of Light

Triumphant Apostle said:
Iced Earth-A Tribute To The Gods
Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry & Come Out And Play (I like old school metal, sue me!)

Nothing wrong with that, I dig Twisted Sister. Also this year at Wacken Twisted Sister replaced Iced Earth, how bout that.

Within the past few weeks, I have bought..

Vader - "Darkest Age: Live '93"
Summoning - "Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame"
Behemoth - "Chaotica - The Essence of the Underworld"
and I preordered Nevermore - "Enemies of Reality" yesterday

\m/

Arise From Thorns/Before An Audience Of Stars
Aeternus/Burning The Shroud
Amethyst/Dea Noctilucae

cdr trade:

Annihilator/Never, Neverland
Satan/Court In The Act
Cynic/Focus
Death Angel/The Ultra-Violence
Forbidden/Twisted Into Form
Brocas Helm/Black Death
Blessed Death/To Kill Or Be Killed
Acid Bath/When The Kite String Pops
Estuary Of Calamity/The Sentencing
Soilwork/Figure Number Five

Bryant said:
I just ordered Nightwish "Century Child" and "Wishmaster." Evergrey "In Search of Truth" and "Recreation Day" and Rage "Unity."

Bryant
Excellent bands. You will not be disappointed with either Evergrey cd. ISOT is my personal fave, but RD is excellent as well.
I like Nightwish, but was a little let down with Wishmaster. I thought Oceanborn was fantastic, so maybe my expectations of the follow-up were too high.
I don't yet have CC.

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Katatonia - For Funerals To Come
In Flames - Colony

TheGraveDigger said:
Better Than Raw is amazing and one of my favorite albums ever. What do you think of it?

Also what do you think of the new Queensryche? Suprisingly enough, although not very metal I dig it alot.

Better Than Raw is AWESOME!!!! I LOVE the song "Push"! One of their best songs, period. It sort of has that Keeper Of The Seven Keys part 2 feel to it, with a sort of heaviness that points in the direction that they would take on their next, which is, of course, The Dark Ride. Better Than Raw just kicks ass. As for Tribe, i like it. Queensryche is more of a hard-edge progressive rock band than a metal band now, but that's ok. I can accept that. I really dig the tribal, middle eastern flavor in the album, it adds an extra little something that Hear In The Now Frontier and especially Q2K were missing. Not their best album, and it's not super great, but for a modern progressive rock album, it's good.

TheGraveDigger said:
Nothing wrong with that, I dig Twisted Sister. Also this year at Wacken Twisted Sister replaced Iced Earth, how bout that.

I actually just saw TS at "Rockfest" in Wisconsin last Friday. It was them, Alice Cooper, and Def Leppard. They kicked ass and so did Alice of course! I like Def Leppard (pre-'88) but holy shit have they wimped out. Their new shit sounds like the Backstreet Boys!