Your latest G.A.S. purchases

ProTools10Box.jpg

Bought the license off a dude two weeks ago and finally installed and played around on it last night a little. Last time I used PT was version 7.1 so I've got some learning to do.

Samsung-PN51D490-51-inch-Plasma-HDTV.jpg

51" of viewing pleasure. Unfortunately, this purchase left me unable to afford Slate VCC. I honestly debated taking it back.

I just posted a pic of the 87 I just got to compliment my 88!

Where did you happen upon the units? I would LOVE to get my hands on one...

Also do you throw an OD in front of them?

BTW i checked out your band...:OMG:

Anfall är bästa försvar

Jag vilja en smörgåsar

2r2lx1d.jpg

....And Done
377423_709689070693_44205939_35477695_995737243_n.jpg

brb stealing stolen idea.

but with dmx capabilities

Where did you happen upon the units? I would LOVE to get my hands on one...

Also do you throw an OD in front of them?

BTW i checked out your band...:OMG:

Well I got one off these boards like 3 years ago, then the other one is from this guy in town who has a second 88 but it broke as we were trying it out. I didn't care, I wanted the 87! It rules.

I've found this little mod for the je1000 that reduces the scratchy nature and gives it more gain. It's on my to do list!

And yes I've got a je1000 boost in my guitar then an sd1 to hit the amp with mids! I want to try an EQ pedal.

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to do the EL wire thing
The battery pack causes lots of interference with my pickups (like laptop monitors, cellphones, but this is like a steady high pitch almost like feedback), to the point where its unusable like this.

Im going to try and mod the battery pack to have longer wires so I can keep it on my back pocket as far away from the guitar as possible while still being accessible and attached to me. Ill keep you updated

brb stealing stolen idea.

but with dmx capabilities

Well I got one off these boards like 3 years ago, then the other one is from this guy in town who has a second 88 but it broke as we were trying it out. I didn't care, I wanted the 87! It rules.

I've found this little mod for the je1000 that reduces the scratchy nature and gives it more gain. It's on my to do list!

And yes I've got a je1000 boost in my guitar then an sd1 to hit the amp with mids! I want to try an EQ pedal.

Really I'd just love to have either model. I wish i could find one though. Hopefully a TS808 would work well in front of it...opinion?

Anfall är bästa försvar

Jag vilja en smörgåsar

Let me know if it's any good. For anything. :D I'd demo it but I'm busy mixing an EP at the moment.

I've used the demo a couple of times before--once on my mac and once on my pc--as well as at my buddy's studio and really like it. For metal, I use it on bass guitar and the kick drum, just to give them that low end thud to really hit a sub hard. It sounds good (to me anyway) running it before EQ and compression just to fill in any low end that might be lacking to beef up a track. Here's a quick mix of "Sotot" I used it on here:

Last edited by a moderator: