Your latest G.A.S. purchases

babyface_pro_connections.jpg

empressparaeq1.jpg

Stock pic but this pedal is the best thing that ever happened. It makes pretty much any guitar and amp combination rip. Whereas before certain boosts and certain pickups sounded best with certain amps, I can pretty much tweak them all to sound and respond awesome now. I can strongly recommend it to anyone who understands how a parametric works ie: people who also have an interest in recording.

Also, I splurged on this
aovxsbyilw46lpgxhwaj.jpg

1982 Artist 305, Its just a couple months older than I am. I love these old artist / musician series guitars. I have a mid eighties AR-50 and it sounds awesome but its beat to shit and doesn't have any of the cool coil splitting, polarity reversing nonsense. This model also has a burl mahogany top and an ebony fingerboard which should lend it something a bit unique tonally compared to my other guitars. The only thing that detracts from these is the Gibson scale length. I love the feel but I have to pay closer attention to my playing as not to knock notes sharp constantly. I also made a recent purchase of a Sonic Research Turbo tuner so I can intonate with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully that helps bridge the gap a touch.

eoljnlmmzsku5kt1nms8.jpg

I picked this up a couple months ago, Its the series 1 version of the Fuzz God with germanium transistors. There is a newer one that is silicon and has a few awesome demos online, but this one was cheaper so I gave it a punt. I mostly play metal stuff with my band I have never really had much use for a fuzz but I have been doing some recording work with some old friends and a vaguely famous musician and a fuzz tone was finally appropriate for a couple things. I really dig that old school Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream / My Bloody Valentine tone and I can do a pretty nice approximation with this box.

Bought the Ampeg 610HLF used locally to go with my SVT-CL and put in my order for the Darkglass B7k which should be here by the weekend.

9999-15244-2.jpg

One of my JBL LSR's died and I opted for the Neumanns.

Mother of God they are epic. I've never heard a speaker this small sound so huge. Stereo imaging and depth of field are incredible. To be honest I never really fully understood what people meant when they talked about those qualities. Until I turned these on, and the mix literally lept out at me. It feels like a somehow 3d version of everything. I started hearing things I'd never heard before in songs I'd listened to 100 times.

Worth every penny. Also made it obvious that my bedroom mixing setup has some issues. Love these monitors though.

Reactions: egan.
Upgraded to EZ Drummer 2 with Made of Metal EZX! Looking awesome so far!.

Also upgraded to the TMF Producer bundle 2.0.

Just got my new guitar... a PRS SE Standard 22... as it was recommended to me in this forum.
Seymour Duncan Custom Trembucker (bridge) and 59 (neck) will be installed next week.

Last edited: