Your random joy of the day

So it's official, I've mixed and mastered Vildhjartas upcoming Ep - A Thousands of evils. It's gonna be released on Century media. CM will announce the release date later on but im pretty stoked. Gonna give me great exposure and im glad that i got the chance to work with such a great band :)

Finishing a mix for the worst band I've ever recorded with some of the stupidest musicians I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Feels good man. Can't wait to never meet them ever again.

Got lucky and fixed a whole bunch of horrendous problems at work today much to my relief.
Get paid twice this month and get two months overtime as well as finishing off an EP.
Got a song on Radio 1 for the third time evar the other day, good feels.
Booked a week off on holiday to go down to Leeds Fest in two weeks. Come at me Deftones/Biffy/While She Sleeps.

3 months of sweating it out/not sleeping pays off, yassssss.

Got two bookings in one night after a three month dead spot. I've been booked almost solid for about 15 years, with very small breaks in between. This year, about 7 of my client bands all broke up within a 4 month period. It's been pretty rough...

Nice to get a call asking "when can we get in?" instead of "how much do you charge?" It was seeming like nobody in my town was willing to pay for an engineer who actually had a record on the charts.

Finishing a mix for the worst band I've ever recorded with some of the stupidest musicians I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Feels good man. Can't wait to never meet them ever again.

:)

send them this... no more excuses!

Last edited by a moderator:
...and lastly, this not only brought joy to my day, it still brings a smile. Seeing a record I worked on for sale at Best Buy. I've had plenty of stuff on sale at smaller, specialty shops, but this one was my first at a major retail chain.

980397_10151680911501081_1142734595_o.jpg

^ I thought season 5 was the last one? I only got a 2 or 3 episodes in so far, nice!

My random joy of the weeked was vocal related.
Found out how to let out power metal screams last band rehearsal, which is quite a bit of fun.
Now if I can get it up an octave and add rasp to it then I can't keep myself from jizzing 24/7 :lol:

Today I recorded vocals for a hardcore song Im doing with a band right now. Doing gang vocals always is a lot of fun :D

Tracking kick separate and with a full set of triggers makes my job so much fucking easier. Never doing drums any other way again.
Can all the drummers you track easily do that?
I know some have a difficult time to play without doing both kick and hands at the same time.

^ I thought season 5 was the last one? I only got a 2 or 3 episodes in so far, nice!

This is the second half of season 5 - the final 8 episodes.

PS - changed my bear avatar in celebration of Heisenberg's return. :headbang:

Managed to centre my mind these last two weeks after a long period of being emotionally drained and shattered... feeling so much better for it...

Finally got my new PC up and running!

Bought about 3 months ago, HDD decided to take a dump on me just under 2 months. Went with a 120GB SSD and 500GB HDD and this thing seems lightning fast! Although, Windows alone used up about half of my SSD space....