Your random joy of the day

drunk but not too drunk right now - came home earlier than usually and didn't hit the bars. worked out pretty well actually - still had fun, still got drunk, got more time to sleep and saved like 50€ in cash (you'd think i'm talking shit but that's actually what i seem to end up spending in bars... never really seem to understand where all the money disappears :lol: )

I had a car accident a while ago, where two cars in front of me crashed and blocked both lanes so I tried to avoid also crashing into them.. as a result my car still was damaged from driving into the ditch.
Police said there is no chance I'd get the money from one of the other parties so I paid the 2150€. Now yesterday totally out of the blue I got a letter saying her insurance was paying for the damage in full. FUCK YEAH. Gear time :lol:

my random joy was this video:

everything is soooooo perfect, its incredible, the little designer in me was fapping like hell :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I love having dreams that seem to completely transcend the boundaries of physics and reality. Cool stuff :D

I know those dreams :D
Once, not sure how to describe it-prbably sounds like a sick trip but I wasn't high, I dreamt that I was
walking on frozen air while a ruin built itself up again, it seemed pretty normal to me but after I woke
up and realized what I was dreaming I almost pissed myself.

I know those dreams :D
Once, not sure how to describe it-prbably sounds like a sick trip but I wasn't high, I dreamt that I was
walking on frozen air while a ruin built itself up again, it seemed pretty normal to me but after I woke
up and realized what I was dreaming I almost pissed myself.

I love my dreams so much. Don't know what I would do without them, they get me through a lot of crap. If you ever want to intensify your dreams, meditate before going to sleep. Drinking mugwort tea or eating super fermented cheeses (anything blue) will intensify the experience on a chemical level.

Also, random joy: Bought piercing needles to pierce my ears over the weekend ANNNNNDD I'm getting two bonsai trees!! So excited! This one here is over 800 years old:

kunio-kobayashi-bonsai.JPG

i started using Chrome instead of good ol' Firefox, and man this thing feels solid, and great to use. my eyes are open.

I watched a Denis Leary comedy show last night, and he started talking about side effects of stuff people take. When he started talking about nyquil and it reminded me of the thread where Andy got some cereal shipped from the US and wanted to get hold of nyquil...

...yes it was a slow weekend...

i'm an idiot, but realizing it is always an improvement - i've been running Logic in 32-bit mode, just tried running it in 64-bit and while my 2008 macbook still isn't exactly what you might call a powerhouse, it handles shit MUCH better now... surprisingly so even.

also switched the internal for an SSD. for some reason startup is pretty slow, even slower than it used to be, but everything else is a breeze.

Watched the Watchmen Bluray on our new 5.1 home theater system and the 50" plasma screen. Eye- and eargasm.
Also listened to the LotR Complete Recordings in 5.1, so awesome I still can't believe it. Surround ftw.

Watched the Watchmen Bluray on our new 5.1 home theater system and the 50" plasma screen. Eye- and eargasm.
Also listened to the LotR Complete Recordings in 5.1, so awesome I still can't believe it. Surround ftw.

'kin awesome film, Alan Moore lives a few streets away from me as it goes..
ive never had the nutz to speak to him though :erk:

Damn had to go way back to find this thread lol. Probably says something about us that the random annoyance thread is vastly more popular.

Anyways, bought tickets for Parkway Drive awhile ago and just found out that While She Sleeps is going to be touring with them (firs time in the US I think?) which is incredibly awesome.

Just ordered download festival tickets.
While my parents are having their wedding anniversary weekend, i'll be in a field going nuts for maiden. Life shall be good.

You can't imagine how fun it is to use melodyne on cow punk vocals!

Cheating by copying vocals and guitars from section to section instead of re-recording, re-tuning and re-editing. Saves so much time.