Your rarest memorabilia?

Gibba

Jun 28, 2004
House of Gibba
Reading the thread about the rare Anthrax download got me thinking about some of the stuff that we as music fans collect. What's are your favoutite or rarest items in your collection? My top two : Highway To Hell 7" signed by Bon and the body of a guitar smashed by Paul Stanley onstage.

Gibba said:
Reading the thread about the rare Anthrax download got me thinking about some of the stuff that we as music fans collect. What's are your favoutite or rarest items in your collection? My top two : Highway To Hell 7" signed by Bon and the body of a guitar smashed by Paul Stanley onstage.

Good post, I will post a picture of my favorite thing in a min, But I got a few favorite things, like my Dimmu Borgir 2 DVD 1 CD Box Set signed by 3 members, Unfolds into an upside down cross, and my Return Of The Living Dead Part II 1st Press Soundtrack CD from Japan with OBI and Bonus track mint, It's got 2 Anthrax songs on it. Also my Anthrax - Spreading The Disease Japan 1st Press CD with Sticker OBI and Japan Insert all in perfect condition. I got way too much stuff though. I'll post some pics later.

Collection1.jpg

FistfulJPN1.jpg

SpreadingTheDiseaseJPN.jpg

Only thing that comes to mind is a Christmas card I got from the members of Iron Maiden, which featured Eddie and Bill Gates planning to carve up the globe. Maybe I'm naive, but it really seems like each band member actually signed the card, and it wasn't just pre-printed text. I found this a few months ago after fearing I had lost it in a purge of my press files, and I now keep it in a very safe place.

I would have to say my rarest,only because it can never,ever be replaced is the Damageplan cd I got signed after the show in FT. Wayne IN.

Attachments

• dpcd.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 10
My rares are not that rare... I got the Japanese Metallica "justice" album with Breadfan. I got some European interview CD of metallica right after Master of Puppets was released, ordered that one ($50!!!). I used to have the Anthrax Not Man on a skateboard t-shirt years and years ago and is just now considered rare.

And music unrelated, me and my brother "own" a 1967 GTO, 400 with a 4 speed and the "police" interceptor package at the time. THere were only a little over 10,000 made in 1967 of that particular car.

I don't have a whole lot of rarities, but here goes:

Suicidal Tendencies:
-Suicidal For Life cd autographed by Mike Muir
-Trading card
-1987 issue of Thrasher Magazine with Mike Muir on the cover

Anthrax:
-Charlie Benante autographed drum stick
(I have severed the hands of many who have tried to touch it!)
-Scott Ian autographed sticker

Gravity Kills:
-Autographed cd (don't ask why or how!)

My favorite thing in the world is my BC Rich guitar that Dime signed. I also have another guitar that Scott, Charlie, Frank and John Bush signed. The rarest thing I probably have is a vinyl copy of Master of Puppets that Cliff Burton and the rest of Metallica signed.
I have TOO much signed memorabilia. It might have to do with the fact that its the business I'm in. You think? HA!
Anyone looking for anything special?!

I thought of more:

Inside Out (Zach de la Rocha of RATM's old hardcore band):
-No Spiritual Surrender cd
(ed note: This cd is from 1990. It is straight-up hardcore. No hip hop vocals whatsoever!)

Tshirts:

Fishbone:
-tshirt with the name "Fishbone" in Iron Maiden font
Anthrax:
-NotMan skateboard tshirt with Anthrax japanamation illustration on back
-State Of Euphoria license plate tshirt
Iron Maiden:
-10 year anniversary tshirt
Metal Blade Records:
-"Heavy Metal... the future is now!" grim reaper tshirt

Original Vinyl Pressings:
Dead Kennedys:
-Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Suicidal Tendencies:
-Suicidal Tendencies
Ministry:
-With Sympathy
Circle Jerks:
-Wonderful
Sex Pistols:
Nevermind the Bollocks...
the Clash:
-London Calling

Gibba said:
What's are your favoutite or rarest items in your collection?

3 Armored Saint LPs signed by John & co.
Among the living LP - signed
Some old Anthrax-shirts from the 80's and 90's.

I used to have one of the official A3 paintings of the cover of Persintence of Time. It was signed by all bandmembers. I bought it when I was a 15 and in my first appartement I hung it up in the kitchen next to the cooker without a picture-frame. After 5 years, when I moved out, I had to throw ot away, because it was ugly yellow/brown from fat & smoke. :zombie::Smokin: Man, I hated me for that!

But in fact, I'm not really a collector of rarities. I hate to wait for bandmembers to scribble his name on something. I prefer drinking a beer with 'em. I just collect metal-cds (1300 so far) LPs (350), shirts and metal-DVDs. No matter if they're signed or not. Since their is ebay, signed stuff means nothing.

All 4 of the reunion releases signed by all, A.T.L. book signed by all, one of the Anthrology cd's signed only by Joey the other guys signed the book, a pic I took of Scott at the Agora signed by him, Charlie and Joey it's also my avatar on here. And the P.O.T. book signed by all in the band. The StreetTeam poster signed by all. And some reunion tour passes. One of Charlies drumsticks that I caught at the Agora and got signed at The Machine Shop. My little Kreator wall, nothing signed but it looks cool.
All 5 Cryptic Writings of Megadeth comic books signed by Dave Mustaine.
Assorted Megadeth passes from shows I didn't go to lol. Some Mega F.C. swag.
And a cool Devildriver poster I got when I saw them with GWAR. Me and my bro with Megs At Gigantour! Thats my ugly mug in the pic on the left. Got all this stuff hangin up in my jam/party room makes for interestin conversation over some cold beers:kickass:
Shitty pic of the street team poster I'll try and get a better one later.

Attachments

• Thrax stuff.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Kreator.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • stuff.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Street Team.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Gigantour stuff 0010.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 12
I saw Napalm Death last year and the guitarist, for one reason or another, seemed to think I was the coolest guy around. No shit, either! I think it was the Venom "Welcome to Hell" shirt I as wearing. Anyway, he throws out a pack of Ernie Ball Guitar strings to me. Hell, if getting someone's strings thrown to you from the stage isn't rare, I don't know what is!

I have an autographed picture of Anthrax in Central Park that I received for joining the CDC.
And some other stuff.

AstroCreeper said:
The rarest thing I probably have is a vinyl copy of Master of Puppets that Cliff Burton and the rest of Metallica signed.

Signed by Cliff? I will promise to let you live and your families brakes lines will not be severed if you turn that over, NOW!

just joking. THAT is totally cool. If I may ask if ya didnt get it the obvious way, how did ya get it and where? :headbang: