Weirdest/Rarest Album in your collection?

stars.jpg

whitesister.jpg

kickaxe.jpg

White Sister, cool. I am friends with one of guys from the band. I am going to show this to him. :)

I think it was already mentioned but I have the cassette of the Pat Boone's Heavy Metal Album. I also have EZO's EZO cassette.

Some of the stuff I have:

First, rare:

us01b.jpg

My copy is a bootleg. Interesting that one of the members was a pre-GnR Matt Sorum.

168083.jpg

Original release, before the album was rereleased.

cover-echolyn-suffocatingthebloom.jpg

Again, the original release, which has since seen a rerelease.

As for weird:

51QAqYzpFzL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I love Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic. Pretty intense, challenging instrumental prog rock. But they do this album with a gospel singer singing spirituals and it is just...weird.

My first thought was:
56826.jpg

but then a quick check on ebay showed scads of these for sale, so perhaps it isn't all that rare.

Then I thought of the 1st edition of the Body Count album (pre-Charleton Heston), but that isn't so curious.

Finally, I settled on the recording I searched the longest to find:
551564.jpg

Tom Jones's first single, "Lonely Joe" b/w "I Was A Fool". The sessions were recorded and released by Joe Meek. The backing tracks were recorded by the Outlaws, and yes indeed, Ritchie Blackmore gets to sneak in a little lead guitar work.

By far the weirdest album in my collection is almost certainly

Last edited by a moderator:
Wikipedia says that there are genuine CDs that were released. In any case, I know mine's a boot. Don't much care, since it is the only way I can get it.

oh it was definitely released on CD, but i was implying that i have never known anyone to actually own an original and i managed a independent CD store for over 15 years. N O B O D Y had it.

the other:
cd-cover-front.jpg

Bought it on a whim because of the potential for cheeseball power metal suggested by the album art and band name., not knowing what to expect from it. What i got was some pretty good instrumental prog/fusion with some metal elements. And one very obvious Dixie Dregs tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8KiEJlWpqo
Pretty sure the whole thing is up on youtube
I actually like it a lot.
Dude, this is so funny because I was going to say I had this as a rare/weird album. I like it a lot too. Also, I'm not sure how rare this is, but I know I paid a ridiculous amount for it (something that made my wife mad): I have the Japanese edition of The Great Escape by Seventh Wonder with the bonus track on it. Paid about $40 for that bonus track.

Dude, this is so funny because I was going to say I had this as a rare/weird album. I like it a lot too. Also, I'm not sure how rare this is, but I know I paid a ridiculous amount for it (something that made my wife mad): I have the Japanese edition of The Great Escape by Seventh Wonder with the bonus track on it. Paid about $40 for that bonus track.

I guess it depends on where you got it. I bought mine at a used book store and it set me back like ten bucks.

I mean, it's a good thing I ripped it before all my CDs were stolen, otherwise I'd be pissed. It's easily one of the better rare/uncommon things I own.
But you're seriously the first person I've talked to who has even heard of it, but given the nature of these forums, I shouldn't be *too* surprised.

I guess it depends on where you got it. I bought mine at a used book store and it set me back like ten bucks.

I mean, it's a good thing I ripped it before all my CDs were stolen, otherwise I'd be pissed. It's easily one of the better rare/uncommon things I own.
But you're seriously the first person I've talked to who has even heard of it, but given the nature of these forums, I shouldn't be *too* surprised.

Eh, I'm not that special - I bought my copy off of the internet after hearing them on internet radio. Not sure which internet radio station I was listening to at the time - maybe deliciousagony...

I've got a copy of Parish - Envision which featured Ben Jackson from Crimson Glory. Rachels Eyes was a great song.

Also have Sabbat - History of a Time to Come (Thrash) (1986) and from Sweden, Parnassus - In Dolorium Gloria (Symphonic Black Metal) (1995)

I sold off my copy of Agalloch's "Of Stone, Wind and Pillor" a few months ago (hated to, but my familys needs came first).. think I got almost $300 for it. That was probably my rarest. Ive got some other gems here, but that one took the cake. Wish I still had it :(

Edit: One of my favorites off that disc