Weirdest/Rarest Album in your collection?

dtguitarfan

Prog Lover
Oct 1, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
I just had this weird whim to look into Japanese prog. I figured there's gotta be some out there. And that got me thinking what other weird/rare stuff people out there might own? So what is the rarest/weirdest album in your collection?

I know it is not Metal, but it is rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
41Buo6zIptL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kick Axe's "Vices"...what a great album. I'll trump that one with my pristine vinyl versions of that, plus Welcome To The Club and Rock The World.

That's some good rockin' there...

I think the rarest album I have is Devil Doll's "The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms"

Midnights first solo disc which was supposedly autographed by Mid, which we later found out was not the case, but autographed by the dude who was sending the discs out, because Mid was not in Michigan at the time or some bullshit story lol

Oh Don't get me started, you gotta remember I am a child of the 60's, so we will start with this one:

From Atlanta Ga: Hampton's Grease Band

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9ThZcJvNo&feature=related[/ame]

Also From Atlanta and a legend in the 60's and 70's HYDRA

A band that was wayyyyyyy ahead of it's time LOVE

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNcXFy8QTC4&feature=related[/ame]

This is one of the Rarest vinyl i have from 1967 from Houston: FEVERTREE

Kick Axe's "Vices"...what a great album. I'll trump that one with my pristine vinyl versions of that, plus Welcome To The Club and Rock The World.

That's some good rockin' there...

I have 2 Vices LP's, and a cassette. WthC I have on LP, and RtW on CD, but the Vices CD trumps all.:D

These 1st issues were rare, but the albums have been reissued diminishing their novelty.
helix.jpg

saxon.jpg

I'd say the two most ...Unusual and unheard-of things I have in my cllection, are a pair of albums I bought at a used book store. The first:

43809259.jpg

Best I could describe it, as being like a Jazzy version of primus with a tendency towards freeform jamming. I can't find any meaningful information about the band. My dad bought it because he liked the album art.

the other:
cd-cover-front.jpg

Bought it on a whim because of the potential for cheeseball power metal suggested by the album art and band name., not knowing what to expect from it. What i got was some pretty good instrumental prog/fusion with some metal elements. And one very obvious Dixie Dregs tribute.

Pretty sure the whole thing is up on youtube
I actually like it a lot.

If "rare" could mean "sells for a boatload of money on eBay" I have the s/t Kidd Wikkid cd from '92 (http://heavymetaladdiction.com/2009/07/10/ebay-madness-kidd-wikkid-st-1992-strikes-again/).

I also have the similarly named Kid Wicked - Non-Stop Primitive (also from '92) featuring 2 or 3 future founding members of Balance of Power. I was looking for this one for a few years but it always sold for WAY more than I wanted to spend on eBay. My limit is usually $20 including shipping). After watching them show up occasionally someone put one up with a $10 buy-it-now price. Happy me!

I also own Quiet Riot's QR1 and QR2 - high quality Japanese bootleg or promo copies. Since they were never officially released on CD I'm not sure which. Excellent quality inserts and factory pressed discs.

My most recent rare find is The Loveless - A Tale of Gin and Salvation from 1995 (basically it's The Electric Angels with a new guitar player).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280726431033

I'd say the rarest cds I have are some limited pressing blues cds: Larry McCray and the Bluegills: Meet Me At The Lake, Little Jimmy King's Something Inside Me, and a bootleg live SRV called Stiletto Rain. In the metal realm, how about Kingcrow's Something Unknown and Timetropia. And although it is no longer rare since he released it VIA iTunes, but I have a hard copy of Dennis DeYoung's Broadway style musical, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, from when I caught it live in Nashville way back in 1997.