Your REALISTIC dream-lineup for 2009

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
Here's Mine:

Friday:
* Anubis Gate (New album on the way and their previous one is killer)
* Sylvan (One of my favourite bands right now)
* Fair to Midland (Headliner)

Saturday:
* Lalu
* Cloudscape
* Pure Reason Revolution
* Seventh Wonder
* Sabaton (Let the party start :kickass:)
* Fates warning (headliner)

Sunday:
* Pantommind
* Raintime
* Sybreed
* Ghost Brigade
* Pyramaze
* King's X (headliner)

I'm not sure if PRR and Ghost Brigade have burnt their chances by cancelling this year, but that would be really sad. And Fair to Midland might be unrealistic since I think they are on their way to make it big and the cost to bring them over might be unrealistic.

Oh, and of course.. I would gladly replace the whole line-up by one single show by ZILTOID :)

Don't know if Fates Warning would draw that much of people to the venue, Ray's performance during the last two gigs in Holland (FW and Redemption) were very disappointing. Not the best singer he used to be and reading his lyrics from paper is not what you want to see on stage finishing a fantastic day.
As much as i like their records, FW is not a headliner for me anymore.

H.

That's unfortunate to hear about Fates Warning. I would really have to think about my dream line up because the best album bands aren't always the best live bands....

More research is needed before replying to this properly!

Here's Mine:

Friday:
* Burst
* Frantic Bleep
* Biomechanical

Saturday:
* Memfis
* Mnemic
* Arkan
* Anathema
* Meshuggah
* Tiamat (headliner)

Sunday:
* Arcane Order
* Andromeda
* Nightingale
* November's Doom
* Bloodbath (bring that old school death to Baarlo!) :headbang:
* Devin Townsend band (headliner)

Can't say i agree about Fates Warning. Saw them twice last year in Germany and to me Ray sounded just fine. Have to say this is the only times i've seen FW and i have nothing to compare with from his earlier days, but if he sings as last year i'd be happy to see him at PP Europe 2009.

This requires some thought, will be back later today with an answer. Shame to hear that about Fates Warning, though. Never seen them live. Perhaps it's worth to see them and make my own judgement. Hopefully Ray had a few bad days when they were in Holland when you saw them live, Havermout?

Alright, here's mine:

Friday:
Kiuas (opener)
Raintime
Amorphis (headliner)

Saturday:
Meshuggah (agreed, Christer, want to see them live, but less prominent on my list. Perhaps good to get the party up and going on the saturday straight away)
Oceans of Sadness
Malpractice
Sylvan
Soilwork
Andromeda (headliner)

Sunday:
Skyfire
Fates Warning
Elvenking
Nightingale
Firewind
Into Eternity (headliner)

What about some 70's based stuff for a change ??

Hypnos 69
3SpeedAutomatic
Isopoda
Black Bonzo
Bigelf

some others:
Morglbl
Karma Depth
Cloudscape
7thWonder
Mehida
Beautiful Sin

PS; sorry I couldn't attend this year, will be back next year for sure !!

I totally agree with Havermout about Fates Warning, Ray Alder always was one of my favourite singers but when I saw him the last time, I found it dissapointing too...

I really want to see Seventh Wonder again, I hoped for that they would replace Myrath this year because they have also since a few weeks, a new album out so that would be a good moment for them but they choosed for The Aurora Project and that's not my kind of thing but let's hope Seventh Wonder can come next year, they are really good musicians but also very kind, friendly. I got to know them when we were in England with Sun Caged and did some gigs with them, we were in the same hotel and hang out together in a bar, that's was really fun !

next I want to see (again ) is :

- Cloudscape
- Firewind
- Feed Forward ( as opening band )
- Enchant
- Dark Water

For so far, maybe there are more but I'm stuck right now :rolleyes:

I'll give this one a shot as well.:)

FRIDAY:
*Magic Pie
*Triosphere
*Jorn

SATURDAY:
*Appearance Of Nothing
*Manigance
*Venturia
*Power Quest
*Cloudscape
*Kamelot

SUNDAY:
*Saint Deamon
*Serenity
*Seventh Wonder
*Spheric Universe Experience
*Firewind
*Fates Warning

Some might say this is more of a dream than realistic, but in my eyes not completly too far out. Personally i don't like it when it becomes too alternative, experimental or psychedelic, so this is a prog and power line up. 3 bands i would think will pull some extra people to the festival(Jorn, Kamelot and Fates Warning) and 2 bands featuring female vocals(Triosphere and Venturia) which i overheard a few people mentioning they missed this year. And yes, Jorn aren't neither prog or power, but still i'd say they fit in to give us the classic rock feeling which i'm sure most of us got a relationship to.

Amorphis (Friday headliner)
Atheist (Saturday headliner)
Anathema (Sunday headliner)

Plus any of the following would be cool:
Madder Mortem
Unexpect
The Ocean
Psyopus
Epicurean
Khoma
Meshuggah
Katatonia
Disillusion
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Agua de Annique
Turisas
Daemonia
Red Sparowes
Devin Townsend
Biomechanical
Cult Of Luna
Misery Signals
V:28

Alright, here's mine:

Saturday:
Meshuggah (agreed, Christer, want to see them live, but less prominent on my list. Perhaps good to get the party up and going on the saturday straight away)

Which part of "realistic" didn't you understand? Uhm, Meshuggah OPENING? If anything, they'd headline the festival, but I'm afraid they are simply too big for this festival at this point. It'd be like inviting Dream Theater: even if you could get them, the venue would just not provide enough space.

Well, for me - in no particular order:

Akphezya
Disillusion
Stolen Babies
uneXpect
Riverside (hell yeah)
Aghora
Ansur
Arkan
Between The Buried And Me
Cult of Luna
Pure Reason Revolution
Scarve (!!!!)
Sybreed
Yakuza
NewBreed/Egoist

I will be there anyway, but seeing this stuff live would make me pretty much ecstatic :D

Friday:
Novembre
The Old Dead Tree
Anathema

Saturday:
Hacride
Disillusion
Mind's Eye
Burst
Vanden Plas
Evergrey

Sunday: