Your REALISTIC dream-lineup for 2009

Dream-Headliners:

Riverside (perfect after they have kind of been "discovered" by PP when they first played there as mere nobodies)
Pain Of Salvation
Evergrey
Vanden Plas
Nightingale
Enchant (more than one other has wished for them, too, so wouldn't it be about time to fly them in?)

Other dream-bands:

Heaven's Cry (even if they don't have any new material)
Soliloquy
Andromeda
Serenity
Poverty's No Crime
Tiles
Into Eternity
Borknagar / Vintersorg
Abigails Ghost
Machinae Supremacy
Divsion By Zero (again, yes, but higher up in the bill where they belong! They could become BIG soon like Riverside)

Bands like Pendragon, Arena, Galahad or Sylvan I reckon are too soft for PP...?
But then... Pure Reason Revolution aren't particularly heavy either - still I'd love to see them on the line-up next year, too!

Last but not least: ProgPower to me also is so special because I can always discover great new bands there - so please keep them surprises coming! :)

FRIDAY

* Triosphere
* Manigance
* Firewind

SATURDAY

*Kiuas
*Harmony
*Poverty's No Crime
*Power Quest
*Cloudscape
*Evergrey

SUNDAY

*Almah
*Communic
*DGM
*Seventh Wonder
*Serenity
*Vanden Plas

We had our first meeting with the Sjiwa crew and the organization that takes care of the line-up. There are few bands on the list of requested bands that we try to book, but the first band we have booked was not on the list of anybody :). And there is one more band we are talking to that no one has mentioned so far.

We will announce the first bands at the end of november, early december, as you are used from us we once again try to book an interesting mix of known and unknown bands in a very wide range of the progscene.

Stay tuned!

Rene

Some bands I'd love to see are:

- Symphony X!!!!!
- Evergrey
- Opeth
- Pain of Salvation

And now for something a bit more realistic:

- Machinery
- Serenity
- Darkane
- Dark Tranquillity
- Into Eternity
- Cloudscape
- Katatonia
- Andromeda
- Nightingale
- Vanden Plas

Well, the list goes on and on... hehe!

Ok, here's my dreamlist:

Pure Reason Revolution
Riverside
Frost
Sylvan
Lalu/Shadrane
Ghost Circus
Evergrey
Darkwater
Katatonia
Porcupine Tree

:headbang:

I really have to add another band from Poland
,in case Riverside are toooooo busy.
- After

Would love to see (again):
Lite
Lanfear
Disillusion
Zero Hour
The Armada
7 For 4
Birds & Buildings
It Bites
Meshuggah
Pyramaze
Porcupine Tree

Which might be the problem, and an interesting question to boot: are there bands that are "too big" for ProgPower? As in, if Rene books Band XY (Sym X, DT, Opeth, whatever) there will be Problems (the festival being booked out too soon, the venue being too small, the elitists being too annoyed...) I'm not even sure if that is a really meaningful question, at least not this way. So let's look at it from another way:

Is there any band that is too big for ProgPower to book? As in, they're asking for too much money, they have a list of conditions that the venue/team/whatever can't meet?

We're always talking about realistic suggestions, but what makes a suggestion unrealistic in this context?

Mindflow
Deexpus
Andromeda
Thessera (missed them in 2007)
7for4
Mind's Eye
Ivanhoe
Atmosfear
Strange Land
Transmission
Panzerballet
Thought Chamber
Shadrane
Cloudscape

are on my most wanted list.

Oh my, I forgot Shadow Gallery. I have now idea how realistic that would be, but it would be progpower, christmas, birthday and Easter at once!

Oh my, I forgot Shadow Gallery. I have now idea how realistic that would be, but it would be progpower, christmas, birthday and Easter at once!

The lead singer Mike Baker died last year, so this is rather unlikely :(

Or at least I haven't heard that they've got (or even seeking yet) a new singer, but you never know..

I know, what a tragedy. We lost a genious vocalist and musician there, and obviously a great person. :cry:

But progpower hopefully will continue, so we better keep the band in mind for later festivals.

some thoughts:

Riverside
Sylvan
Indukti
Parallaxe
Ivanhoe
Lanfear
Pantommind
Tomorrow's Eve
Dominici
Fates Warning
Deadsoul Tribe