Your Studio & Producing Rates?

It's also hard finding good band members for the same reason, and hard to spend money on a band that lacks dedication, decent chops, and equipment.

I've been looking to get some recording experience but so far the only stuff I've recorded that's workable is my own and I haven't been able to put a solid band together - period. I'd love to put a studio together, but there's so much that goes into it that I simply can't control; in SA rates could be all over the place because there's basically little 'pockets' of a few bands that can really make a living in piles of nonsense, in LA you'd wind up paying $75-$100 because there's a more steady scene and music, especially metal, isn't one of those things that those guys from out of town come here to do.

Jeff

I'm in a different field other than audio production, but the jobs I tend to price myself out of are the jobs I usually don't want. I don't work cheap, but then again I don't get bad projects either. Act like a pro, do your homework, don't backstab people, and....smile.

The old adage that "you have to start somewhere" is true, but that start doesn't have to be in the gutter.

I charge $100 a song. I have these bands coming in all the time now, after hearing my work. It's a hell of a deal. They will bring their demos in done at studios who have charged them out the ass, by the hour, and they're always shitty sounding. Until I get an SSl console, or more higher end gear, I can't see charging so much, but I'm always busy. I just sealed a 14 song album deal today! Krank Revo head, here I come!

Bingo. And ditto I keep buisy to.

You found out my rate :)

Sometimes I move it around to work though.