Your thoughts about AtWB

Oh and the cover art is great. I don’t have the physical CD to see the inside, but the front cover is very cool.

The booklet is kinda similar to MoS: Dark, grunged backgrounds with these colourful images supporting the lyrical content of the individual songs, personally I love it!

This disc is just one huge suckfest from beginning to end. :p
This is why I don't listen to the album while I'm going to school, or coming back home, or working, or answering a post on ultimate metal... St. Anger is way much better I think.

:D

57th impression: :OMG:

This album really keeps asking to be played again. If I think I've had enough, the first few seconds of I Am already change my mind. And there we go again, non-stop through an amazing album... No need to put a few songs on repeat, because the next song is just as interesting.

That's good to hear. That was actually another goal of mine: make an album you'd want to listen to again as soon as it's over. I think the other albums could be a little exhausting by the end. In keeping the album a little shorter and the songs more standalone, I think this one is a little more constantly replayable. And I'm not even saying that's a better or worse approach (there are pros & cons to both, I'm sure)--but it was intentional.

That's good to hear. That was actually another goal of mine: make an album you'd want to listen to again as soon as it's over. I think the other albums could be a little exhausting by the end. In keeping the album a little shorter and the songs more standalone, I think this one is a little more constantly replayable. And I'm not even saying that's a better or worse approach (there are pros & cons to both, I'm sure)--but it was intentional.

Well, according to my Zune profile, I've played MoS at least 2000 times since I picked it up a bit over a year ago, so, at least in my book, it is an eminently listenable album as well.

---Prem

I think the other albums could be a little exhausting by the end.
I don't think so, I'm still strongly addicted to Mirror of Souls and Theocracy, even with the release of As The World Bleeds.
When I came back to MoS after having listened only to AtWB for some days, i still felt those goosebumps when I started the opener, I just couldn't breathe anymore for some seconds and I had that weird-unexplainable-stupid smile... I think people in the bus thought I was fool. :D

BTW did some of you listened to Drown while it was raining ? It's really epic :D

I just can't get over how much I love this album.

I usually wind up just picking a handful of songs from any given album that I'll listen to primarily, but with ATWB, I can't really help but listen to the whole thing straight through.

Are you guys coming back down to the Florida Powerfest again this year? I really want to hear some of these songs live!

P.S. I just heard an amazing sermon by Steven Furtick that made me listen to Drown on a whole new level.

I love all the details they put into the songs. The use of reverse reverbs, the delays, the short descending violin after the line "The actors greatest role" Very cool stuff.

Yea man, my favorite one is on "The Gift of Music" while he's saying,

"And the strings crescendo like the sunrise in the sky
The percussion section thunders like the stormclouds
In their wonder up on high"

There's thunder in the background. I love that part.

I don't know if any of you guys read reviews from Encyclopaidia Metallum, but it has pretty much every metal band out there and people review the albums, plain and simple. I wanted to see if there was a review for "As The World Bleeds" and there was, but I was SHOCKED to read this one: http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Theocracy/As_the_World_Bleeds/319210/

This dude definantely does not know what hes talking about, and he says things that just don't make sense lol. Check it out though

This album rules from track 1 to 10