Your thoughts about AtWB

Ok....after listening to the album a dozen times here is my ranking of songs favorite to least favorite. But first let me preface this ranking by saying none of songs "sucked" or were "weak" by my standards. This album fully solidified Theocracy as my favorite band on the face of the planet. Every song on this album is amazing.

1.) Nailed-Instantly loved this song the moment i heard it. Love the heavy riffs.
2.) I am- Just a great song that has kind of a mirror of souls feel to it. (MOS is my favorite song ever so)
3.) Alter of the Unknown God- Kind of has this 80's style metal tinge to it, plus its super upbeat.
4.) 30 pieces of silver- cool song with some cool trash riffs
5.) Light of world- perhaps the catchiest song on the album
6.) Hide in the fairytale- also a catchy song..but not as catchy as light of the world
7.) Master Storyteller-just an all-around solid song
8.) Drown- loved the this song's lyrics
9.)As the World Bleeds-cool thrashy song that makes you think
10.)Gift of Music- Also kind of has this cool 80's feel to it, but too slow for too long.

p.s. to Val and Jon. You guys really stepped your games up on this album. The shredding on this album is fantastic. Shawn, the drums were amazing once again, Matt, vocals were amazing,especially in nailed. Jared, fantastc job on bass. You fellas should be very proud of this album.:headbang:

I appreciate your kind words..I was just wondering what exactly did I step my game up from exactly? haha This is my first album, anywhere, ever. Just letting ya know! :)

Maybe he listened to your works with that other band, Eclipsed By Sanity?

And that review on Metal-Archives surprised me as well...but hey, opinions.

And that review on Metal-Archives surprised me as well...but hey, opinions.

Opinions are opinions when they bring you a steak to eat and you don't think it tastes good... maybe because it's undercooked or too overcooked for your own taste, or you don't like the spices they put on top, or maybe you just don't like steak at all... but NOT when they bring you a steak and you don't like it because you think it tastes like chocolate. That just means there's a malfunction in your taste buds. :loco:

Opinions are opinions when they bring you a steak to eat and you don't think it tastes good... maybe because it's undercooked or too overcooked for your own taste, or you don't like the spices they put on top, or maybe you just don't like steak at all... but NOT when they bring you a steak and you don't like it because you think it tastes like chocolate. That just means there's a malfunction in your taste buds. :loco:

One hell of a metaphore, but you're right: Don't judge something for not being what it is not meant to be...

Either way, I love chocolate.:D

Read that earlier to day. Wall-to-wall contradiction and nonsense.

Yeah, pretty much. He trades off systematically between trashing every song and singing the praises of each song, then says how disappointed he was, and then gives a pretty decent rating, although certainly not what the album deserves...definitely the most nonsensical review I have ever read.

Yeah, pretty much. He trades off systematically between trashing every song and singing the praises of each song, then says how disappointed he was, and then gives a pretty decent rating, although certainly not what the album deserves...definitely the most nonsensical review I have ever read.
It's weird yeah... but I think he I liked the songs, but they were not what he expected them to be. Did you imagine hearing tracks like 'I AM' ?? I didn't. I was surprised, I didn't expect it, but I really liked it !
And that's a good thing, because none of us wanted this album to sound exactly the same as MoS or Theocracy.

But he's definitely saying weird things.
"Matt Smith's voice is painful at moments" oO. The vocals are better than ever I really don't understand that.
"[Altar to the Unknown God] starts feeling like a pop song". It's such a heavy song, it's not pop at all oO.

Just want to come back again and say this album is amazing. I still listen to it bout everyday. The instrumentals, vocals and lyrics are just amazing. I was listening to this and MoS with my niece again the other day and, out of no where she's like "Man those lyrics are deep and he has a really good voice". I was like "I thought you didn't like his voice?" she goes "Yea, that's cause it was my first time hearing it and I didn't really give it too much of a chance." lol. She's always liked the instrumentals, but just now threw the voice thing in there. Only listened to em with here bout 2-3 times.

This came out of her after watching "Laying the demon to rest" on youtube with the lyrics on the screen on my TV while we were checking out Christian metal songs. She also really likes the part on "I Am" when he starts singing fast and all the harmonies come in. (But who doesn't? lol).

Little closer to getting her to listen to the CD's in her with the book of lyrics.

One thing I realized on 'I Am' after watching this video of Matt playing the keyboard to that breakdown again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TtcUdnI4go

The extra keyboard part that wasn't in the final version is actually the melody to him singing the part "I Am the author of order and flow, I Am the father of lights watch me put on a show, I Am the seeker of all gone astray, I Am the keeper of souls till the end of all days". I was like 'Oh, so that's where it went, hahah'.

Also, on 'Altar to the Unkown God', I love that part when it echoes in the "Gather round the altar" part. I think/pretty sure it's echoing in 'gather', but I like going 'Yeah yeah yeah gather round the altar' when i'm singing it, hahah.

I've listened to this album so much and I just can't get tired of it. Such an awesome album.

Hope you understand my english, I really want to share my thoughts with you.

I AM
Can't imagine better start for record. Those lyrics are just divine, love those lines, like ''I am the footprints in the sand the ocean's tide can't wash away''. I've even written the lyrics up and taped them to my front door. When I'm someway lost or feeling down, I raise my head and read the lyrics to remember there's one who loves me just the way I AM. The music fits this track perfectly.

The Master Storyteller
What an intro. I actually love the guitar work in this track, especially the part between the second chorus and the solo. Nice lyrics too!

Nailed
...and when we talk about guitar work, not later than this track offers that kind of fireworks with guitars that you simply have to mosh in the rhythm. Intro riff and outro riff are so awesome! First time I heard this I had to try to figure this one out with guitar. Great lyrics!

Hide In The Fairytale
Matt's vocal melodies are at their best in this one IMO. The line ''He doesn’t have to learn the things unseemly that his instinct brings to carry like a burden from the cradle to the tomb'' sounds wonderful. The chorus is one of the best in the album. Solo's are amazing!

The Gift of Music
Took some time to like this song, but I love it. Very beautiful and melodic song in the beginning, when suddenly it turns to a massive metal symphony. The ending blows my mind off. This is Theocracy at its BEST!

30 Pieces of Silver
Simple, catchy and great-sounding. Bridge part's guitars make my ears flow honey. Great chorus!

Drown
Great intro, and the chorus has one of the best melodies in the album. Nice solo too!

Altar To The Unkown God
Excellent idea to start the song with the chorus without any instruments. It makes this song so powerful. Maybe the best chorus in the album. Guitar part in the middle represents again one of the best riff's in the record.

Light of the World
This one makes me feel so good. Lyrics are awesome and the melodies are wonderful, all works in this. Can't wait to hear this live, must be one of the best songs in the gig!

As The World Bleeds
A perfect album must have an unforgettable ending. And like in Mirror of Souls, the name track does it again. The lyrics really make you think and match your own life (at least with me). Solo part is breath-taking.

Well, I tried my best. Hope you got my point! :D