Your Top 2009 releases so far...

Yes Decapitated are really good! I think those Polish bands like them, Vader and Behemoth are quite amazing, and I've heard some other underground bands from there too now and then which have impressed me. They sure seem to know their extreme metal!

Yeah I can't wait to hear new Morbid Angel as well. Watched them play at Graspop and they were fucking excellent.

Man, I just got Seupltura's Morbid Visions. I've got a looong way to go beforeI hit 2009.

For modern Death Metal, I think DECAPITATED are amazing. I do hope they continue when they can.
Yes Decapitated are really good!
Have you guys checked out Necrophagist? If you appreciate Decapitated, I would think they'd be right up your alley. And to bring it back around to the thread topic, I suspect they'll release a CD in 2009.

Zod

I wish! Last I heard they were still in writing mode, but who knows. They do have a long time lapse between albums though.

Ok, the last press release I recall reading from them was a year ago or so where they replaced their bass player. I thought at the time it indicated they were in writing mode.

Have you guys checked out Necrophagist? If you appreciate Decapitated, I would think they'd be right up your alley. And to bring it back around to the thread topic, I suspect they'll release a CD in 2009.

Zod

Necrophagist is pretty good but as for technical death metal type stuff I like Spawn of Possession and Psycroptic.

Btw has anyone listened to Portal? They're probably one of the most bizarre death metal bands around.

Heres a pic of them:

5471_photo.jpg

Wow, glad to see the handicapped scarecrow/hung-clansman look is making a comeback! :lol:

I have no idea from that pic what they are going for imagewise.

Portal is all about the horror, so I'd say they are just tryin' to scare the bejesus (or maybe the geetus :p) out of you. IMHO, they fail at the scaring bit, but the music isn't bad...for short durations.