Your Top 2009 releases so far...

I read Sacrament as "Sexcrement." LoG would be much better if they were Sexcrement.

Did you guys Import or steal the new MDB? because I've been waiting patiently... 2 more weeks tomorrow.
There is WAY TOO MUCH i'm looking forward to for 2009.
Katatonia, Novembers Doom, My Dying Bride, Warbringer, anathema, Suidakra, Disarmonia Mundi, Heaven and Hell, Candlemass, INSOMNIUM!, Paradise Lost, Vader, Behemoth, Down, Graveworm, Necrophagist, Agalloch, Devin Townsend, Nevermore, Persuader, DARK TRANQUILITY, The Foreshadowing, SLUMBER!,

those are some amazing bands...
And Swallow the Sun told me when I was chatting with Mikko and Juha, that if they can't get on a fall US tour this year, there is a chance they will have a new album.

OH MAN, PAUL! YOU GUYS SHOULD HOOK UP WITH SWALLOW THE SUN FOR A TOUR.
I'd headbang my forehead into the floor

Did you guys Import or steal the new MDB? because I've been waiting patiently... 2 more weeks tomorrow.

My copy is legit, straight from the band...

BOOSH

mdb.jpg

OH MAN, PAUL! YOU GUYS SHOULD HOOK UP WITH SWALLOW THE SUN FOR A TOUR.
I'd headbang my forehead into the floor

I would certainly tour with Swallow the Sun if the correct opportunity arose. I don't know if you have heard Ghost Brigade. It's another band that Aleksi Munter from StS is involved with, and I think are fantastic. I think a Novembers Doom / Ghost Brigade show or tour would be great.

Oh man.... I just heard the new My Dying Bride today too. I never would have thought they could make two of what I would consider to be incredible CDs and then make this utter piece of crap. I was brought to tears after 4 songs and, unlike "Songs of Darkness", it was because I was so disappointed with them as opposed to.... you know.... the emotional effect of great music. This is just jank. I think they're really cool dudes and it is very humble of them to send you an early CD for free... I just can't get over how bad it sucks though. x_x

Oh man.... I just heard the new My Dying Bride today too. I never would have thought they could make two of what I would consider to be incredible CDs and then make this utter piece of crap. I was brought to tears after 4 songs and, unlike "Songs of Darkness", it was because I was so disappointed with them as opposed to.... you know.... the emotional effect of great music. This is just jank. I think they're really cool dudes and it is very humble of them to send you an early CD for free... I just can't get over how bad it sucks though. x_x

I have to kindly disagree with you. It certainly doesn't have the instant "hook" factor like the last CD, but the emotion on this CD pours out. It's certainly one for a special mood, and it does grow if you're in that mood. Give it time.

yuck, I can't stand MastoDown Syndrome...
I realize samples are not necessarily the best examples of the music, but with the samples MDB has online, I'm very much looking forward to the new album...
I Don't download anything, so when I buy the album in about 2 weeks, I will be sure to throw in my 2 cents