Your Top 2009 releases so far...

I just remember how funny it was when the stage manager asked us...

"If you guys don't let Amon Amarth use your guitars, we don't have a headliner!"

A voice in the background...

"Dude, you don't have a headliner ANYWAY."

How 8 years have changed things! By the way, Amon Amarth promised to send shirts, and merch and shit for the use of our equipment... We're still waiting. :lol:

My roommate wound up working for Amon Amarth as a backline tech a short while later, during an early U.S. tour. He mentioned to them about knowing us and everything, and they basically said...."Who??" They had no idea who we were apparently, even though we loaned them our gear and saved the day, and afterwards they seemed so appreciative and complimentary towards us, and as Paul said, promised to send us some merch, etc. They not only couldn't remember any of this apparently, but claimed to have never even HEARD of us, heh.

Yet another reason why 9 times out of ten, I prefer not to meet people in other established bands, because so often it winds up being a letdown. That's why when we do meet people who are cool (like Andy from MDB for example), we appreciate them very much. It's also a reason why I try not to be a snooty prick to people who follow and support our band, because I don't want to be a useless or ungrateful person like so many others.

555985753X.jpg

My roommate wound up working for Amon Amarth as a backline tech a short while later, during an early U.S. tour. He mentioned to them about knowing us and everything, and they basically said...."Who??" They had no idea who we were apparently, even though we loaned them our gear and saved the day, and afterwards they seemed so appreciative and complimentary towards us, and as Paul said, promised to send us some merch, etc. They not only couldn't remember any of this apparently, but claimed to have never even HEARD of us, heh.

Yet another reason why 9 times out of ten, I prefer not to meet people in other established bands, because so often it winds up being a letdown. That's why when we do meet people who are cool (like Andy from MDB for example), we appreciate them very much. It's also a reason why I try not to be a snooty prick to people who follow and support our band, because I don't want to be a useless or ungrateful person like so many others.
What band is this of which you speak? :lol:

THEY. WERE. DRUNK.

... That's a little known fact about AA, they're drunk... all the time.

They not only couldn't remember any of this apparently, but claimed to have never even HEARD of us, heh.
Can you really be surprised? Johan was on the cover of Tiger Beat last month, as teen girls are dying to find out what makes this Viking dreamboat tick. His life has become a blur of supermodels, Italian sports cars and Hollywood parties. Such is the fate of those in heavy rotation on The Headbanger's Ball.

Zod

I just remember how funny it was when the stage manager asked us...

"If you guys don't let Amon Amarth use your guitars, we don't have a headliner!"

A voice in the background...

"Dude, you don't have a headliner ANYWAY."

How 8 years have changed things! By the way, Amon Amarth promised to send shirts, and merch and shit for the use of our equipment... We're still waiting. :lol:

:lol:I wouldn't hold my breath on those shirts!

Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks Beside Me
Wolves in the Throne Room - Black Cascade
Zoroaster - Voice of Saturn
HammerFall - No Sacrifice, No Victory
Misery Machine - Epiphany
Rhino - Dead Throne Monarch

Can you really be surprised? Johan was on the cover of Tiger Beat last month, as teen girls are dying to find out what makes this Viking dreamboat tick. His life has become a blur of supermodels, Italian sports cars and Hollywood parties. Such is the fate of those in heavy rotation on The Headbanger's Ball.

Zod

Keep in mind this was many years ago BEFORE Tiger Beat viking love, lol...

Being serious here, yeah I was somewhat surprised, seeing as we did them a big favor, and we talked with them for quite a while afterwards and it was THEY who asked for our addys and stuff and offered to send us shit, we didn't ask for it. It's just disheartening when stuff like that happens, because it happens too often. And I couldn't give a shit about getting shirts from them, to be honest, it was just the fact that they'd completely forgotten about it and claimed total ignorance.

For the record, most of the bands I know of personally who have been played on Headbangers Ball barely make enough money to pay their rent every month. AA are probably doing ok now but certainly not raking in the dough.

Anyhow enough of this, I let this steer too far off topic.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! I just heard the new Darkane and the intro track has the recording of "Mad Cat (Burger and Fries)" from Youtube in it, but it is covered with reverb and faded through the background to make it sound scary... It's so freaking hilarious... I can't believe they put that in there.... This might have to be the best album of 2009 just out of hilariousness of that!

They put THAT on their intro song starting at like 24 seconds, you'll hear it, it even has hissing and a couple meow sounds in there...

Actually I laughed so hard I kind of turned the CD off after about a minute of the second song.... hahah so I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished my first listen through of "Lies I Sire"... I really dig it.
"Fall With Me" made my neck move in a weird way that caused my head to go up and down in time with the music, fascinating experience.

yes sir, came out on tuesday

I enjoy the album, but there is some experiments on it that I don't think worked in their favor.
Aaron does a few new things with his voice, I like some of them, but his "black metalish" vocals in "a chapter in loathing" just don't do it for me. :/
I enjoy it as much as "A Line of Deathless Kings" but for completely different reasons.