Your Top 2009 releases so far...

Isis is really the only major one I've gotten (Got WITTR but it's just ok to me). Waiting for Porcupine Tree, Morbid Angel, Novembers Doom, Heaven and Hell, Farmakon, Katatonia and some others.

yes sir, came out on tuesday

I enjoy the album, but there is some experiments on it that I don't think worked in their favor.
Aaron does a few new things with his voice, I like some of them, but his "black metalish" vocals in "a chapter in loathing" just don't do it for me. :/
I enjoy it as much as "A Line of Deathless Kings" but for completely different reasons.

I really really enjoy the new album, though I haven't listened to much other MDB so I can't compare it to their other stuff.

I think the new WITTR is pretty good, but I liked the new EP more.

Btw Paul/Larry/Vito, have you guys been to Kuma's Corner? What do you think the Novembers Doom burger would be like?

Haven't been there yet. I live way on the southeast side of the city so it's not a quick easy trip for me to get up to Kuma's.

The Novembers Doom burger would probably be made out of Spam or something, knowing our luck, lol. Knowing how the Chicago scene pretty much disregards us as a whole, I don't foresee us getting a burger named after us anytime soon.

I also forgot that I bought the new Isole album, that album is sweet.
I think its funny that the song "Nightfall" reminds me of Candlemass a little...
whats this Kuma's Corner for those of us who aren't Chicago Natives?
BTW, Metal Haven, WOWZERS! we were just in Chicago for the Carcass show, and I bought 8 new Cds from that shop. we don't have crap for a metal shop in MN, and the only "metal" shop, is more for punks anyway... its unfortunate sometimes that the 2 genres ened to be associated.

Kuma's is basically a metal restaurant, they play metal music, have metal vinyls all over the place and best of all, metal themed food, like the Mayhem burger, or the Neurosis, High on Fire, Led Zeppelin etc. Its like 2 miles from Metal Haven, and i think Blake from Nachtmystium is associated with it somehow as well.

Here's a link btw http://www.kumas-corner.com/food.html

Blake is associated with it in that he always hangs out there, not sure if he has any kind of business association with it or not. I hear the food is pretty damn good too.

Metal Haven is a great store, I've been going there since it first opened up. The owner Mark is a good buddy and a really good guy, he tries to be supportive of the scene as much as possible. And I think most of the prices there are quite reasonable too. It's very very VERY hard to keep a small specialized business like that open these days, so I know it's a struggle for him. The more you guys buy from him when you can, the better. I really appreciate any support you throw Metal Haven's way.

Yeah, the food is absolutely amazing, and they've been doing pretty well. My friend and I went there recently after shopping at Metal Haven, but there was a 2 and a half hour wait :( And yeah, I've talked to Blake there, and his apartment is really nearby there too, he invited my friend to go over once, lucky >_>

It would be cool if you guys had a release party for the album there or something.

Paul and I have already started discussing plans for an album release event, and perhaps a pre-release listening party. But we'll see, it depends on getting all the details in order, and making sure it's not some clusterfuck event, lol. I know things have been mostly quiet lately with ND, but there's alot of "planning" stuff going on right now behind the scenes, preparing for the new cd release. So hopefully sometime in the near future, we'll start to have some news and things to report.

I think having a drink named after us is much better, like "The Novella Reservoir" drink or something.

Ironically, whether it be an ND themed alcoholic beverage, or a spicy seasoned up Kuma's burger, I wouldn't be able to actually consume either of them! lol

It's really sad that it's almost April, and I have yet to buy a 2009 CD. No idea what my holdup is (except that I've been out of a job for the last 3 weeks), but now that MDB's out...and of course when the new ND hits...that'll change it real quick.

On the subject of metal related burgers and such....there used to be a place here when I was a kid (back in the 80's), that had video game themed burgers (Pac Man..Asteroids..Dig Dug..the whole 9 yards LOL). It was one of my favorite places to eat ever, but it's JUST a burger...no need to get so dang technical with it!

Oh yeah...A Mayhem burger? Ohhh there's waay too many jokes to make about that one. Mostly at Maniac and Dead's expense. Attila rules all.

Does the High on Fire burger come with a Motorhead cola and a side of Slayer fries??????????

Man, we could have a LOT of fun with a thread of CREATE A BURGER FOR LOCAL BANDS.
I think some might get offended though......... :lol: