YT: Dar Future Breed Machine FBM100 - Metal

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Well here is the first video from the session in Meshuggah studio. Thanks a lot to the almighty Jocke Skog for production and mixing. Two more videos coming up soon! 8-string songs doesn't really show of the chugging cababilities of any amp.

Signal chain:
Ibanez RGA8 with Rautia Rawdog8----Dar FBM100H

Cabs and microphone:
1. Marshall JCM800 Lead with T75 speakers mic'd with a Beyer Opus87 and a MT184

2. Engl XXL with Celestion 30 mic'd with a SM57 and a ribbon(not used in mix)

The guitars are unprocessed, just a blend between the microphones!

Edit:

Third and final video:

And extra movie :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for clips of the FBM pedal with the tube preamp! This sounds pretty good though :)

Sounds very nice in the mix. The playthrough is really impressive, because the amp seems to be super responsive on the settings. It seems to be very tweakable and versatile for heavy sounds. I like that you play also with a less low (D?) tuned guitar, I still prefer the tone of the 'less low' tunings hehe. And very nice playing of course.

More amps I'll never get a chance to play through...yay...:rolleyes:

Awesomely tight playing as always Ola, and nice guitar tone!
I'd say this last one is the best of all the DAR videos you did.

Very very versatile amp. I love the way you can get it to tighten up particularly on that Ibanez! Very djent capable but not limited to

Whats your take on them Ola? Dual Rectifier dethroned yet?

Liking the mic comparison video, the Opus 87 was really surprising!

I agree, I really liked it! Had a very nice clarity to it. I actually hated the sm57 in this, so much junk in there. I wonder how much the cabinet plays a part in that.

Either way, thanks a million for the clips Ola...I might pick up an opus87

But still with a low pass filter it will sound good!

Oh ofcourse, SM57 is a staple for a reason. What I called "junk" (boost between 4khz and 7khz) is also a ton of clarity ready to be sculpted. Not to mention blending it with other mics

The opus is 82 euros on Thomann > add to shopping cart