Dar Future breed machine...

Im going to let you guys judge things. All I can say is it's pretty awesome.

We've nicknamed them the "Skog Knobs" here in the shop... Jocke, hope u dont mind :D

Actually, right now were most proud of the new signature amp and our ability to retail it under 2600 usd. It's a beast in all ways and I am confident you will like it.

Jeff, you're totally right, resistors only cost pennies, and big ones no more than a coffee, but once the entire network is complete (heatsinks, thermal fan control network, interface to DSP / CODEC, etc... ) It adds up. Trust me, I love to sell stuff as cheap as possible. You're local to me, and would not mind having you try one out on my next trip down south.

Totally understandable - my criticism is more of load boxes in general than of yours in particular; I've never understood the $300 price tag on a THD HotPlate, for instance.

If you do ever make it down the 101 to San Luis or even as far south as Ventura/Santa Barbara, I would love to give these a shot or even do some test clips!

Jeff, You have one of the best ears here on the forum. I'm in SLO town once a month, will PM you when I'm that way with gear.

The hotplate looks like a well built product.... It works well too.

Speaking of which, I used to use old electric stove elements as my load back in college. They cost nothing at all and when I was done, plugged them back in the stove top!

Mr. Dar forgive if this has already been covered but is there plans to make software only version of this 10,000 point impulse player?

That way people that only want it for recording purposes would not need to buy the physical pedal (which would therefore reduce the price of using 10,000 point impulses).

Jeff, You have one of the best ears here on the forum. I'm in SLO town once a month, will PM you when I'm that way with gear.

The hotplate looks like a well built product.... It works well too.

Speaking of which, I used to use old electric stove elements as my load back in college. They cost nothing at all and when I was done, plugged them back in the stove top!

Awesome - really looking forward to that if we can make it work!

The HotPlate really is a great product, just a bit expensive for what it is IMO. The Weber products I've used work just as well, and while they aren't as pretty generally cost $100-150 less than the THD.

I now have visions of cooking things on those stove elements... how good would chili taste, knowing that you cooked it by chugging away for a couple hours? :lol:

I ask again if someone know if it is possible to use the preamp pedal only like an IR loader with another preamp or another head ?

and if I buy the Jocke Box and add a 20$ DIY load box, will I have the same result than the loaded Jocke Box?

I heard the Forza at NAMM and it sounded REALLY good from what I could tell. Much better actually then most of the clips i've heard thus far. Quite dry, tight, percussive and in your face grindy midrange, definitely up my alley tonally.

how does it sound compared to a ENGL ritchie blackmore (cuz' your description fits the Blackmore also) ?

MUST KNOW MORE

so like.....how many "points" are the standard IRs we use?

10X more better:headbang:

This line of amps is interesting for a lot of reasons. I am looking forward to their release.

Can we get some more info about these yet DAR?