Yup.

BioMechanical

Who gives a fuck...
Apr 1, 2007
Necropolis
Alright so... I have a handful of bands I play in myself... but the one that is truly inspired by Nevermore is this progressive/metal/industrial instrumental project of mine called Sentient Seas. (no comment on the name please, it should be obvious)

If you guys get bored enough, go check it out.
http://www.myspace.com/sentientseasband

Nothing breathtaking or anything, as all of the bands I play in don't have any studio recordings or labels or anything, just me making music I love.

But I guess in this thread, if you play in a band, let us know what it is, perhaps give some links. I'm just trying to get to know who everyone is.

Cheers

-Ben

you guys rippoff lots of nevermore. But i like your songs. Pretty awesome thing going on. Definately better than Communic, the other big rippoff band. However you guys should grow musically. Seems like the Seattle Scene is getting better.
Also Metallica is awesome.
Also Weapon Within is awesome, your fellow seattle awesome band.

as i'm paying more attention to the songs listening them the second down. The solos are repetitive and follow the same pattern mostly. COme up with new licks and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. not everything has to be wiggly wiggly wiggly grraaaaa wigglyyy uuuuuuu wiggly in harmonic minor and phrygian dominant and diminished shit

frantictictictac frantictictictac!!!
what makes metallica awesome is that don't regret anything they've ever done.
also the most metal thing metallica can do next tour is show everyone the finger and the cock like in the old days and play a set full of st.anger (faster) and Reload songs. No regulars like Puppets, One and Sandman, NEM, or Sad but true either, with just some mosh songs like fight fire with fire, ride the lightning, shortest straw, eye of the beholder, diposable heroes, damage inc and dyers eve +4 st.anger songs and 4 reload songs. no black album songs.

I'm on no drugs, but we don't give a fuck attitude and "if you don't like it you can kill yourself attitude" is what made them great and produced 4 awesome albums. Such a setlist would reflect that attitude because kids now to hear old songs, hate reload and st.anger (most of them) and want sandman, sad but true, mop title track (awesome, but overplayed). And metallica shouldn't give them that. Metallica should give them st.anger songs, reload songs they hate for the fuck of it, and old school thrash metal to rape their ears.

or not. they can play whatever they want because they want to, not because they should hate their fans. without the fans, they wouldn't be as rich as they are. you're worthless.

playing a setlist to piss off the masses is not against their fans, being cocky and treating the fans like shit would be pissing off their fans. If they make music to remains rich then they should stop it right now.
here is the ideal IMHO "we are metallica, fuck you all we don't care setlist"
1 Disposable Heroes
2 Lepper Mesiah
3Fixxxer
4 The Unamed Feeling/Some Kind of monster-medley
5shoot me again
6 until it sleeps
7some new song
8 one
9 harvester of sorrow
10the shortest straw
11 The frayed ends of sanity
12 Outlaw torn
13bleeding me
14 thorn within
15fuel
16 fight fire with fire
17Escape
18Motorbreath
19 Frantic/St.anger-medley
20Damage inc
-----------------------
dyer's eve
blackened
3mop songs, 6justice songs (not that bad of a setlist huh?) 2rtl songs 5 st.anger songs, 5 loads songs
they should play whatever they want, but that is what I would play if i would be hetfield & co.
I would also laugh at the trivium kids that want to hear One and MOP over and over again that would be at the show as they got pwned with loads and st.anger, and with no regulars and good old thrash

why would that "piss off the masses", exactly?

because the masses hate st.anger and the loads for the most part and want to hear sandman, sad but true, and MOP title track over and over again. Look at the Rock AM Ring crowd. They were somewhat present during Damage.Inc, but during sad but true they came alive like they all got a nice kick in the ass