Yup.

This is actually pretty good, but I may biased because I'm gay for the whole Epic/Folk/Viking metal thing. I'd really like to hear this stuff recorded in a professional studio, properly mixed and all that. I hear a lot of bathory in there :headbang:

Seriously, I'm very impressed. I don't know if you've sent this stuff out to labels, but I'm sure one of the euro folk/pagan metal labels would pick it up in no time. Keep us updated about your music, dude.

when are you going to post some of your music so we can see your amazing skills and how great you use all that shit you talk about and make it so you're not just talking out your ass

it doesn't take a musician to give some constructive criticism to someone. so go fuck yourself. Also I play guitar, but i never claimed that my guitar skill is nearly as close to Ben's. I still have work to do. I feel that he had accomplished a lot technically, and thus should now work on phrasing. I am working on theory myself and ear training too, and I will at the point start working on my own sht. And no i wasn't talking out of my ass, it is you the one who was talking out of the ass.
As I mentioned above the riffs are awesome, and the guitar solos are good to a point when he goes all crazy on a diminished and phrygian dominant patterns.
My favorites are graveyard earth and solar euphoria due to the awesome riffs and arrangements. Keep up the good work Ben!

it doesn't take a musician to give some constructive criticism to someone. so go fuck yourself. Also I play guitar, but i never claimed that my guitar skill is nearly as close to Ben's. I still have work to do. I feel that he had accomplished a lot technically, and thus should now work on phrasing. I am working on theory myself and ear training too, and I will at the point start working on my own sht. 1.And no i wasn't talking out of my ass, it is you the one who was talking out of the ass.
2.As I mentioned above the riffs are awesome, and the guitar solos are good to a point when he goes all crazy on a diminished and phrygian dominant patterns.
My favorites are graveyard earth and solar euphoria due to the awesome riffs and arrangements. Keep up the good work Ben!

1. :lol:
2. using all those music terms and such when you could simply say it makes you seem really pretentious which makes me want to hear your music to show that you can actually back up all that stuff you say. it would be pretty stupid if you say all that and then can't solo to save your life.

I'm Paul! I make myself look like a technique genius by naming all the techniques someone used in every song! Look at me! My geetar-technique-cock is big!

paul, offering someone advice on song writing while you don't write your own songs to display is pointless. there is no set formula for how a song should be written. if someone wants to go MEEDLYWIDIWIDIWIDIWIDIWIDIWIDIchugPEDOOOOOOOOOOO instead of WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeemeeeeDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHIGGADIchugSHOOOPDOOPWAAAAAH, it is their choice

it is their choice, but he posted it on a public board, so i gave him my opinion. And yes I actually know my technique, the problem is that i can't use it really fast or really well because I still have work to do. And Eric, you shouldn't talk about my guitar technique. From what I've talked tp you don't play guitar at all.
Just because I know music terms and shit, doesn't automatically make me a good song writter. There are plenty of people that don't know any theory and music terms and write AMAIZING music *cough* Hetfield*cough* *cough old sepultura*cough

And Eric, you shouldn't talk about my guitar technique. From what I've talked tp you don't play guitar at all.

Just because I don't spend every waking moment playing a guitar doesn't mean I can't say you talk about technique too much. This is what I see from most of your posts:

E HARMONIC, E MINOR ARPEGGIO... TREMOLO TREMOLO TREMOLO!

It's annoying... give it the fuck up.

Just because I don't spend every waking moment playing a guitar doesn't mean I can't say you talk about technique too much. This is what I see from most of your posts:

E HARMONIC, E MINOR ARPEGGIO... TREMOLO TREMOLO TREMOLO!

It's annoying... give it the fuck up.
i do talk a lot about technique, but i do the tremolo talk to sometimes ridicule some simplistic black metal bands.
In a music related thread technique talk is actually apropriate.
Also to annoy you further, there is no such thing as E harmonic, it is called harmonic minor (when talking about scales, which i assumed from you mentoinng e min arp afterwards). Also E minor arpegios are not a technique, nor is e harmonic minor, they are scales, not techniques. techniques are sweep picking or alt picking for example.
/lecture

i do talk a lot about technique, but i do the tremolo talk to sometimes ridicule some simplistic black metal bands.
In a music related thread technique talk is actually apropriate.
Also to annoy you further, there is no such thing as E harmonic, it is called harmonic minor (when talking about scales, which i assumed from you mentoinng e min arp afterwards). Also E minor arpegios are not a technique, nor is e harmonic minor, they are scales, not techniques. techniques are sweep picking or alt picking for example.
/lecture

you forgot fucking harmonic major. both of them are considered Harmonic scales. :Smokin: