NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

Just returned from the show in ALBUQUERQUE, and to say the least the show was awesome. All members were on top of their game especially Annette.

The band seems to be having fun again and it showed in their performance, so much respect for each other and the best thing they were having fun. There was so much energy from all members, and they were all smiling, and to be honest it sent shills up your spine. To quote Jukka, "We are a full band again, and a family" to quote Anette, "This is where i should be, I have found a home".

Of course, we had lunch with they when they arrived, and did some sightseeing in OLD TOWN ALBUQUERQUE, and were back stage, and then after the show they made it a point of meeting all the fans and hanging out and tlaking with them. Annette is just the most awesome person you will meet, so humble, so caring and such a prankster, she has taken over as the prankster of the band and keeps them on their toes, she treats all the fans as if they were her best friends, and no one leaves without a autograph or picture. And JUKKA, well he is JUKKA, he hasn't changed, still the outgoing, gotta meet everyone person. Tuomas having finally gotten over those headaches, was everywhere making sure people got their pictures and autographs, the same for Marco, by the way he and I shared some Jager, and had a rip roaring time. Little Emppu was so on top of his game it was unreal, he proved once again he is one of metal's most under-rated guitar players around.

Heading to the San Antonia show tonight, and will get to see them do CREEK MARY"S BLOOD as JOHN TWO HAWK"S will be there. So be sure you go see them, it will be worth the price of a ticket.

Bye Bye Beautiful
Amaranth
Dark Chest Of Wonders
Everdream
She Is My Sin
Whoever Brings The Night
The Islander (The most awesome song Live)
The Poet And The Pendulum
Come Cover Me
Higher Hopes
The Siren
Sahara
Slaying The Dreamer
Sleeping Sun
Nemo
---------------------
7 Days To The Wolves
Wishmaster
Wish I Had An Angel

Heading to the San Antonia show tonight, and will get to see them do CREEK MARY"S BLOOD as JOHN TWO HAWK"S will be there. So be sure you go see them, it will be worth the price of a ticket.
Damn, I hate you. :heh: Just kidding. Seeing John would be worth the price of the ticket. Have fun - tell us all about it.

Damn, I hate you. :heh: Just kidding. Seeing John would be worth the price of the ticket. Have fun - tell us all about it.

I sure will, i will tell them you said Hello. Wish you could make it down.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: We decided not to drive down as it is 10 hours of driving so we are gonna catch a 45 minute Southwest flight at about 2:00pm and the venue is only like 15 minutes away.

I managed to get 2 tickets to the Atlanta show through Tickemaster, but it I wanted to get a total of 5. It say that "There were no tickets available that matched your request". I guess that means to the show if sold out? What are the chance of just showing us at the Masquerade and pay to get in?

All the previous shows that I attended there I just paid to get in the night of the show, I never bought a ticket ahead of time. Anyone?

Thanks!

It wouldn't let me have one either... anyone know if there will be any tickets at the Masquerade?? I was planning on getting a ticket day of show, but then after it was close to selling out, decided I'd better get one, but I had to wait until I got paid. :(

I have GOT to see Paradise Lost. If *anyone* has a single ticket they want to unload, please let me know. I WILL pay extra, gladly.

Shaye

The Siren
7 Days To The Wolves

oh HELL!!!

Those three songs = Worth way more than the ticket price.

So, if they do happen to keep The Siren and 7 Days to the Wolves in the setlist when they play San Antonio, I'll begin to harbor a hatred for San Antonio that'll last a lifetime...

You can buy concert tickets at the Masquerade before the day of a show also. I plan on heading there Monday afternoon and seeing if they have some for sale. I sure hope so.

.. thought you all would want to know this... Last night in Dallas, Nightwish recalled memories of the man named Mark Brueland who's last request in life was to see Nightwish perform live... His wish was granted, thanks to Glenn & crew, at ProgPower. Sadly he passed away a few months later, due to a terminal illness.

Well, yesterday Marc's father passed away as well. Nightwish said a few touching words about being close to this family, and then performed "Walk in the Clouds"* in dedication to Marc's father. The band was visibly upset during this song, but that passion translated into one of the most spectacular performances of the night.

For those of us that were at ProgPower when Mark stood up from his wheelchair and walked onstage, and who knew the story behind this brave and wonderful man, last night's dedication was a deeply moving display of friendship.

Some related threads for those who would like to know more..

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/118207-marc-brueland-rip.html
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...alfan-net-dedicated-memory-marc-nrueland.html

* I think this was the song they performed. I'm not familiar with this song but I remember it being Mark's favorite, so I took the liberty of assumption in this case.

Yes, these guys and also Annette, are great people, and once they make friends it's forever. I know how close they were to the Brueland family, and this was a crushing blow to them. Words cannot express the sadness for the Brueland family, my heartfelt sympathy goes out to them in this time of loss and sorrow.

Well, yesterday Marc's father passed away as well. Nightwish said a few touching words about being close to this family, and then performed "Walk in the Clouds"* in dedication to Marc's father. The band was visibly upset during this song, but that passion translated into one of the most spectacular performances of the night.

* I think this was the song they performed. I'm not familiar with this song but I remember it being Mark's favorite, so I took the liberty of assumption in this case.

It's actually "Walking In The Air" and it's a cover. The original was done by Peter Autry for The Snowman, an animated movie of the book. But hey, you were close! :)

I was truly moved by Marc's story especially after I met him in the hotel at PPIV. It was so sad to hear he had passed away. In an interview, Tuomas told me how he talked to him on the phone only hours before he died and how terrible it was. He really had become quite close to the family. It's so sad to hear they are enduring another loss. My prayers are with them.

Well, yesterday Marc's father passed away as well. Nightwish said a few touching words about being close to this family, and then performed "Walk in the Clouds"* in dedication to Marc's father. [/SIZE]

It was "Higher than Hope," the song Tuomas wrote in dedication to Marc Brueland. Very well done, indeed very emotional.

A truly great concert, full of a great and rare combination of energy and emotion. Annette, was very good. I have been skeptical about her ability to pull off the old stuff, and I was disappointed with Ever Dream - perhaps my favorite Nightwish song - but otherwise very good.

Two Hawks was good too, but not at the level of the Helsinki show I don't think.

One good thing about the Dallas show. The Palladium ballroom, differing from many venues they are playing on this tour, is big, with a big stage, high ceiling above the stage, good lights, and great sound sound system. The guys were able to move and run the way they like to. They really seemed to be having a great time.