SYMPHONY X - 5/01/08 ATL

When I go usually, the show starts around like 7:15 or 7:30

It was very unusual this time....do you go to the Masq a lot?

I go there all the time...usually the have some local bands at around 7:30 but the actual touring package doesn't start until 8 most of the time.

I was planning on attending, but I was pretty wiped after working a long -- and earrly -- day at the GA Rennaissance Festival (Students Day.....10,000 screaming kids on field-trips.) Plus I'd been at the Masq the night before for a different -- non-metal -- show. I drove by hoping to say hi to folks waiting in line, but doors had already opened, so I drove home. :(

Into Eternity was alright. I liked some of the previous shows better. Their singer really needs to cut down on the between-song banter. I don't remember him being that cheesy.

Well, they were having some technical difficulties, as he mentioned on stage, so that's why all the cheezy banter until they "fixed" whatever the problem was.

They were "all right" to me, too, though. Not a big fan of IE, but SX kicked butt, as usual!!! Great show! :headbang::kickass:

Sorry should of posted a pic first....my dad was wearing a black shirt (plain) and a braves hat

I was wearing my Enslaved Ruun World Tour shirt...probably was 5 rows from the front to the right of the stage where the bass player was
I saw your Dad over there in the black shirt. Way cool! I was facing the left side of the stage from the audience's perspective. I stood in front of IE's bass player and Mark Jansen(growlwer) of Epica. Way cool!:headbang:

Well, they were having some technical difficulties, as he mentioned on stage, so that's why all the cheezy banter until they "fixed" whatever the problem was.

They were "all right" to me, too, though. Not a big fan of IE, but SX kicked butt, as usual!!! Great show! :headbang::kickass:
Into Eternity was my favorite band of the night, but Epica were great, as well. Symphony X were good, as always, but are not even in my Metal Top 20bands. Still a great musical evening overall.:kickass:

I saw your Dad over there in the black shirt. Way cool! I was facing the left side of the stage from the audience's perspective. I stood in front of IE's bass player and Mark Jansen(growlwer) of Epica. Way cool!:headbang:

That's awesome :)

He really liked Epica......he told me if there were any more Prog/Power shows, to invite him

If Kamelot ever announces that rumored Atlanata date w/ Edguy we'll both be going to that

And of course, we're going to Helloween :kickass:

That's awesome :)

He really liked Epica......he told me if there were any more Prog/Power shows, to invite him

If Kamelot ever announces that rumored Atlanata date w/ Edguy we'll both be going to that

And of course, we're going to Helloween :kickass:
Right on! You're never too aged to rock!:headbang:

I spoke to Tim from IE for a bit - we play the same amp and so chatted about gear and all - and what happened was that a monitor fell off whatever it was sitting on. It fell onto Tim's guitar rig and knocked it over.....so it somehow reset the wireless he was using, and then the bass started coming through Tim's guitar rig. So it was some major drama, he was afraid that his amp was gonna blow up. Apparently the monitor fell twice, and it took his rig out both times.