NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

Now there's a good idea. You don't like the band? Leave til your band is on stage. That way, we who enjoy Paradise Lost would be able to fully enjoy them. And BTW they didn't suck. I think what was meant to be said was "I don't like that style of music", because they are very good at the genre they have chosen.

I wish everyone who felt that way would have gotten the hell out of my way so I could enjoy the show. And forever? I don't think they played more than 45-50 minutes... the changeover took longer. :p Oh, well, sorry so few people seemed to dig PL, but I'm not at all surprised.

For anyone saying they "sucked," well, their songs sounded pretty much like they do on disc, so I'm guessing "sucked"="I don't like them" in most cases. *shrug* To each their own, but just wanted to clarify a little.

Shaye

Word. As Ruthven and I agreed, we wish we could have seen them. Standing in the back I could barely see them, but they were rocking out pretty good even if they weren't dancing around on stage, and the singer was into what he was singing. It wasn't like they had cold empty faces while they played or anything. But yeah, if its an opener and you aren't into them, ya don't really need to save your spot for the headliner. Oh well.

Paradise Lost IS good at what they do. Unfortunately, I find what they do to be incredibly boring. If I liked that kind of music, I'd probably have loved their set. As it is, I think they were a strange band to open for Nightwish.

Paradise Lost IS good at what they do. Unfortunately, I find what they do to be incredibly boring.
We can't be friends anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

However you do hit the nail on the head - it's a damn strange pairing, that's for sure! But it saved me from having to shell out Ticketmaster prices for two shows :loco:

...j/k about the friends thing, you know I love you forever! :)

I'm sorry but by what I have heard, Tarja would just stand at the mic and sing, maybe bounce around for a bit. But Anette, she's amazing, she looks like she meshes so well with the band and everyone is so relaxed, and she has FUN on stage when she's not singing.
look at tarja on youtube--she doesn't look like she was having fun on any of the live shows--Annette danced more on any one song last week than tarja did her entire career!!

I prefer Annette not because she dances more, but because she makes the NW guys much happier. IMO, Tarja doesn't dance because she doesn't have to. I haven't seen a soprano dance, actually. If anybody wants to see a female singer rock the stage and interact with people, he/she'd better go to see Walls of Jericho or bands like that. (Oh, watch out crazy moshers.) I just don't like to hear people blame Tarja for standing at the mic. They might be bored to death if somebody is SITTING at the piano while singing.
Annette was amazing at the venue in ATL, but I'm still wondering how she's doing at bigger stages like at WOA.

Paradise Lost IS good at what they do. Unfortunately, I find what they do to be incredibly boring. If I liked that kind of music, I'd probably have loved their set. As it is, I think they were a strange band to open for Nightwish.

I totally forgot about NW until Mr. Holmes mentioned NW to introduce 'True Belief'. They sounded beautiful to me. I always thought PL was a legendary band like MDB, but now I realized it's not true in the US. Personally, I would have been equally happy even if NW had supported PL.

The only thing I remember from Paradise Lost are the words, "What you can't steal, borrow." Now, I do not mind gothic metal in the form of bands like Daylight Dies or Katatonia. But, never in my life have I been put to sleep by a metal band (The local band CastroFate came close), which happened at Nokia. I was too wired in Philly. But, even then, I was barely paying attention to PL.

Gee, if only Battlelore was on this tour......

Tarja definitely didn't just stand at the mic at ProgPower 4. She did interact with the crowd and did a great job. These two singers are just two different types of performers. It is funny how a person can rip on a singer and they hadn't ever saw her in concert. Amazing.

Yeah. We need more metal singers to dance around on the stage. The next time Primal Fear plays PP we should as Ralf to prance around like a wood elf. The next time Evergrey comes maybe Tom would be so good as to put down the guitar and do a Ricky Martin impression for us.

Annette dances around like pop singers do, and that's fine, good for her... whatever. Tarja stikes poses, bangs her head, and whips her hair around like most Metal vocalists. They're different, but bashingTarja's stage presence when she interacts as well as almost any male Metal singer is lame.

Tarja definitely didn't just stand at the mic at ProgPower 4. She did interact with the crowd and did a great job. These two singers are just two different types of performers. It is funny how a person can rip on a singer and they hadn't ever saw her in concert. Amazing.
Darn right.:headbang: There's no comparison between the 2 vocalists. I watched the End Of An Era DVD yesterday and Tarja interacted VERY well with the crowd in Helsinki, much as she did in ATL at PPUSA IV.:worship:rock::kickass::OMG:

Yeah. We need more metal singers to dance around on the stage. The next time Primal Fear plays PP we should ask Ralf to prance around like a wood elf.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I would pay to see that. :D

@Sh0kr0k: I HAET U 4evar!!!!!!!1111oneoneone!1!1!111!!!!!!1

Naw, not really. But it'd be really, really creepy if our music tastes mirrored one another. o_O

Man, Tarja rocked out at Progpower that year. She headbanged like a pro! Definitely wasn't just standing there.

i was in the back, so it sucked not being able to see them better, but being right next to the sound guy, it sounded awesome!

I thought so, too. You must have been right near me, and not all that far from the Glenntourage. I was wearing the kvlt, old-skool PPUSA shirt with Nightwish on it. And my name too, now that I look at it. :saint:

Man, Tarja rocked out at Progpower that year. She headbanged like a pro! Definitely wasn't just standing there.

Concur. I don't think she was quite as outgoing toward the crowd as Anette looked, but she was no Mikael Akerfeldt either. :heh: (And yes, I love Opeth both on CD and live.)

but not with the other band members right? at least that was my take on it.

Maybe I should have added that little bit of it as well. But all in all i was just stating my opinion. And the interaction with the band is so genuine and the boyos seem so much more comefortable with her than Tarja. Now i'm not ripping on Tarja because I liked her as well when she was with Nightwish, but Anette brings a refreshing take to their music.