NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

Hell yeah!:headbang: GREAT SHOW! SOLD-OUT!:kickass:I was the big guy in the moshpit wearing the denim jacket. Of course, most of us moshers were big dudes.:lol: I worked my way up to about the 10th row standing, front and center. I'd rate the PL set a 7.5/10, having never seen them or heard their music before-very much gothic metal with a touch of doom. Nice British blokes.

If you were one of the 3 or 4 that started the mosh pit, I wouldn't be so proud of myself to admit moshing at a Nightwish(your so kvlt! lol) concert. You weren't even moshing, it was just an excuse to cut into the audience to get a better view while pushing people around and slamming into them. I've been to death metal shows at the Masquerade where the moshing was never that inconsiderate, especially when the audience are packed like sardines.

Thanks for ruining a show we've been waiting since early this year to see!

If you were one of the 3 or 4 that started the mosh pit, I wouldn't be so proud of myself to admit moshing at a Nightwish(your so kvlt! lol) concert. You weren't even moshing, it was just an excuse to cut into the audience to get a better view while pushing people around and slamming into them. I've been to death metal shows at the Masquerade where the moshing was never that inconsiderate, especially when the audience are packed like sardines.

Thanks for ruining a show we've been waiting since early this year to see!
No, I didn't start the moshing, and I was always on the outer edges of the pit. I'm generally not a mosher myself, but it was worth it to get closer to the stage, with all due apologies and respect to whomever this inconvenienced in any way. As pits go, this was by far one of the kinder/gentler scrums I've ever been party or witness to. Again, no offense or disrespect intended whatsoever. BTW, there were usually at least 10-15 of us at a time in the pit. Nobody got hurt and we were all just enjoying the show in our own way, much as everyone else was, respectively. Also, the pit only started up about 5 times, and for only about 1-2 minutes per session. MILD.:lol:

Yeah, I was standing fairly close to the pit, and normally I'm thrown around even 3 people out. It wasn't bad enough to bug me much, but if I was closer I probably would have kicked someone. I really didn't understand what was so hardcore to start moshing, and it made me wonder about the musical sensibilities of the younger crowd. *shrugs* To each their own, I guess.

It was an excellent show!

I was just really disappointed that Paradise Lost didn't play As I Die nor Gothic, as I had seen on other setlists for this tour. But other than that they were really really good.

Nightwish put on a terrific show too. I totally agree with whoever said Anette is a pop singer, but I considered her voice quite powerful when she wanted it to be, particularly near the end. An Oceanborn song would have been killer.

I saw a few mosh pits, not just one, and mostly the ones I saw didn't really seem like mosh pits, just dudes swaying back and forth. No less disruptive to people in contact though I'm sure.

Since it was the last night of the tour, I kinda expected some Paradise Lost dudes to come on stage with Nightwish at some point and do the goofy/funny stuff we sometimes see on final nights of tours (a la Death and Hammerfall 1998 with the Waffle House hats and shaving cream).

And I spotted several concert-goers at the Highlander afterwards. Marco was WASTED haha, but deservedly so after a great show (and long tour!).

And Anette was way hotter in person. At first I thought she was wearing a baseball cap backwards which I actually thought was kinda cool.

No, I didn't start the moshing, and I was always on the outer edges of the pit. I'm generally not a mosher myself, but it was worth it to get closer to the stage, with all due apologies and respect to whomever this inconvenienced in any way. As pits go, this was by far one of the kinder/gentler scrums I've ever been party or witness to. Again, no ofense or disrespect intended. BTW, there were usually at least 10-15 of us at a time in the pit. Nobody got hurt and we were all just enjoying the show in our own way, much as everyone else was, respectively. Also, the pit only started up about 5 times, and for only about 1-2 minutes per session. MILD.:lol:

Most mosh pits I've seen form a circle, not slamming into a wall of people so the weight of 200 people knock everyone down like domminoes, and especially not at Nightwish. If this was for example a Deicide show I wouldn't even mention it as it's to be expected.

I saw people get hurt and trampled on the floor nearby. The funny thing is after whomever was participating got closer to the front, the moshing stopped.

Yeah, I was standing fairly close to the pit, and normally I'm thrown around even 3 people out. It wasn't bad enough to bug me much, but if I was closer I probably would have kicked someone. I really didn't understand what was so hardcore to start moshing, and it made me wonder about the musical sensibilities of the younger crowd. *shrugs* To each their own, I guess.
I could see where some of the youngsters would start moshing to some of the heavier elements of the NW material, and yes, the initiators of the pit were under 25, obviously, as were the crowdsurfers, but it was all done just for fun, ya know? No disrespect intended whatsoever.

Most mosh pits I've seen form a circle, not slamming into a wall of people so the weight of 200 people knock everyone down like domminoes, and especially not at Nightwish. If this was for example a Deicide show I wouldn't even mention it as it's to be expected.

I saw people get hurt and trampled on the floor nearby. The funny thing is after whomever was participating got closer to the front, the moshing stopped.
I personally did not trample anyone and yes, when we reached a certain point in the audience, the "pit", such as it was, ceased and the crowd-surfing ensued. I've been to death metal shows at the Masquerade before, such as NILE, and this was indeed VERY mild violence compared to that. I must admit, however, that I didn't previously suspect this would occur at a NW show.

but it was all done just for fun, ya know? No disrespect intended whatsoever.

I'll tell that to the cops next time I get pissed off at a mosh pit and decide to repeatedly kick someone in the face with steel toe boots so I don't go to jail.

It was an excellent show!

I was just really disappointed that Paradise Lost didn't play As I Die nor Gothic, as I had seen on other setlists for this tour. But other than that they were really really good.

Nightwish put on a terrific show too. I totally agree with whoever said Anette is a pop singer, but I considered her voice quite powerful when she wanted it to be, particularly near the end. An Oceanborn song would have been killer.

I saw a few mosh pits, not just one, and mostly the ones I saw didn't really seem like mosh pits, just dudes swaying back and forth. No less disruptive to people in contact though I'm sure.

Since it was the last night of the tour, I kinda expected some Paradise Lost dudes to come on stage with Nightwish at some point and do the goofy/funny stuff we sometimes see on final nights of tours (a la Death and Hammerfall 1998 with the Waffle House hats and shaving cream).

And I spotted several concert-goers at the Highlander afterwards. Marco was WASTED haha, but deservedly so after a great show (and long tour!).

And Anette was way hotter in person. At first I thought she was wearing a baseball cap backwards which I actually thought was kinda cool.
There was definitely more than just swaying going on at times, but mainly it was just pushing and shoving with only minimal circular pit-esque action, at best. Oh well.:erk:

I'll tell that to the cops next time I get pissed off at a mosh pit and decide to repeatedly kick someone in the face with steel toe boots so I don't go to jail.
Did you see that happen at the NW show? I honestly saw nothing of the sort and would be shocked and appalled if that sort of thing occurred near me or anywhere in the venue, for that matter. A little friendly moshing is one thing, but intentional violence aiming to hurt someone else is quite another.:erk:

I could see where some of the youngsters would start moshing to some of the heavier elements of the NW material, and yes, the iniators of the pit were under 25, obviously, as were the crowdsurfers, but it was all done just for fun, ya know? No disrespect intended whatsoever.

While I understand that it probably wasn't meant to be disrespectful, I had a great spot to hear the music and spent most of the night with my eyes closed. Had I been closer and gotten jostled around, I probably wouldn't have been a happy camper, for multiple reasons I don't expect them to understand (which would have resulted in a very injured shin or knee). Thing is, just wasn't a really sensible thing to do on a packed night with a bunch of 18-25 year old emo kids, and some of us "older" folk.

At any rate, it didn't ruin my evening, I just rolled my eyes and gave up on the future. ;)

While I understand that it probably wasn't meant to be disrespectful, I had a great spot to hear the music and spent most of the night with my eyes closed. Had I been closer and gotten jostled around, I probably wouldn't have been a happy camper, for multiple reasons I don't expect them to understand (which would have resulted in a very injured shin or knee). Thing is, just wasn't a really sensible thing to do on a packed night with a bunch of 18-25 year old emo kids, and some of us "older" folk.

At any rate, it didn't ruin my evening, I just rolled my eyes and gave up on the future. ;)
I am a 30-something classic/prog/power metaller with some thrash tendencies. I apologize for having a vintage 80s thrashpit flashback last night: I was only re-living the dream that was once the golden age of thrash metal.:cool: If I could personally apologize to anyone I personally affected last night by my actions(though minimal at most) and those of my fellow moshers, I certainly would do so.

Good show. I thought Paradise Lost was terrible and they rank with He Is Legend, Leaves Eyes, and a few other bands as one of the worst bands I've ever seen.
Nightwish was good. The music isn't really my thing, but they know how to put on a good show.

The band were really cool though. I did an interview with Tuomas before the show and he gave me a pack of the Nightwish condoms, lol.

Good show. I thought Paradise Lost was terrible and they rank with He Is Legend, Leaves Eyes, and a few other bands as one of the worst bands I've ever seen.
Nightwish was good. The music isn't really my thing, but they know how to put on a good show.

The band were really cool though. I did an interview with Tuomas before the show and he gave me a pack of the Nightwish condoms, lol.
Hey man, I'm just glad you were there supporting quality symphonic metal!:headbang::cool:

I am a 30-something classic/prog/power metaller with some thrash tendencies. I apologize for having a vintage 80s thrashpit flashback last night: I was only re-living the dream that was once the golden age of thrash metal.:cool: If I could personally apologize to anyone I personally affected last night by my actions(though minimal at most) and those of my fellow moshers, I certainly would do so.

I was close by to see who started shit up, they were not kids, nor hot topic rejects. They were some huge guys that looked in their late 20's to 30's. You'd think they would have more common sense and courtesy towards others.

I am not pointing my finger at you. I don't mind mosh pits when it's done right, and there is room for it and those involved want to participate. There was no room to breathe last night, it was just an excuse to push people around to get a better view. It was not kids who don't know any better going crazy doing this that I witnessed, it looked like big guys in their mid 20's to 30's.

I don't care about getting pushed around, what irks me most is waiting in the line for 2 hours and just to get a decent view, then standing there for 2 more hours for Nightwish to start without incident, only to have someone think they are clever by using moshing as an excuse to cut into the crowd.

No need to apologize, didn't do anything to me, as I wasn't close enough for it to bug me much. :D Besides, if I was, and something happened, I'm more than equipped to deal with it.

Paradise Lost was very good, and better. They played a good selection of songs and played it well. They got a pretty good crowd reception too. Not as good as Nightwish of course.

I don't see how you'd give Nightwish a 6/10 and PL a "very good" response. If NW was a 6, PL was a 0.

One of the worst live opening bands on a major tour I have ever seen. I love midtempo, but damn...they take it to the next level. Repeating a riff over and over. No excitement in their music. The band seriously needs some new songwriters. They were soooooooo boring.

NW was amazing IMO. If they come back, I hope they play in a bigger place and not the Masq again. Killer deals at the merch stand. Anette sounded great on the DPP stuff. Some of the older things I kind of missed Tarja's voice, but I think she did pretty good. Her hair-do for this last show though...:ill:

Great show. The sound at the Masquerade has never been better. The floor thudding from the techno stuff played downstairs actually made it show cooler, IMO.

I'm sure one reason why the show sounded 'better than usual' is that the venue was packed, therefore reducing 'slapback' from the walls, etc. I'd like to thank all of my fellow concertgoers for absorbing all of that sound for me. :heh:

The band was excellent, and Annette pulled off her DPP songs perfectly. The Tarja stuff was done well enough. Some of it has been changed up in the choruses so that Marco and Annette sing what Tarja did alone. It actually works pretty damn well. Kudos to the band for finding a way to make it work.

I thought Anette was more than adequate even on the older songs. I think I decided that after hearing "Dead to the World."

There were about 4 kids -- under 18 almost certainly -- near me on the floor who were occasionally yelling "Tarja" (and mispronouncing it :)) early during the show. By the end of the show I saw one of them nudge his friend and say "Tarja" and motion as if dropping a cigarette on the floor and stamping it out. Score four for Anette. :)

I hope the Highlander get together worked out well. Rumor had it that the word had "leaked" and spread like wildfire, and that about 1000 people were heading over there. As I suspected, not knowing exactly what The Highlander is, my group opted out citing a need for real food and an under 21 in tow. Thanks for the invite anyway Glenn.

Nahh, there were maybe 20 NW fans/attendees there all told, including some folks who happened to be there after the show when Marco and Ewo and that guy who used to sing for Babylon Whores arrived. (!)

Also good to see Pellaz and Ruthven as usual.

Yep, even though I never place your forum name with your face. :lol:

Hell yeah!:headbang: GREAT SHOW! SOLD-OUT!:kickass:I was the big guy in the moshpit wearing the denim jacket. Of course, most of us moshers were big dudes.:lol: I worked my way up to about the 10th row standing, front and center. I'd rate the PL set a 7.5/10, having never seen them or heard their music before-very much gothic metal with a touch of doom. Nice British blokes.

Agreed. I'd really like to see them at a smaller show, ironically enough. Watching them over people's heads wasn't great.

Incidentally, overall the night was great, but I think paying full price at the Masquerade for a sold-out show would be pretty annoying. People in the back really couldn't enjoy either band to the best extent. Sure, I suppose I could have been a complete asshole and really made an effort to cram my way up front, but I'm too nice for that (and I'm getting old :)).
My vantage for NW's set -- right in front of the sound-board, and not too far from Glenn and the ProgPower Posse -- was okay, though. Since there was some moshing and pushing going on, I'm kinda glad now that I wasn't any closer.

Freakchylde said:
And the afterparty at the highlander was great. Not a lot of people showed up - by 3, and quite a few got turned away from the door.

Really? I didn't see that....

We had a blast, and I'm glad I missed my bedtime to be there. Not to mention, it was a good prog-withdrawal get-together, just wish I had managed to familiarize myself better with Paradise Lost.

It was a lot of fun. Nice capper to a great evening, even if we never got to hear "A Change of Seasons" on the jukebox. (That's getting your $1 worth!) :)

Finally, did anyone notice how ear friendly this show was? I had my earplugs in for Paradise Lost (as they had their amps front and center), but I found I was comfortable not wearing them for all of Nightwish's set. Kudos to the sound guys for not falling into the "louder is better" trap :kickass:

Again, thank your fellow concertgoers, too. :)

Nightmare1z said:
NW was amazing IMO. If they come back, I hope they play in a bigger place and not the Masq again. Killer deals at the merch stand.

$10 tee-shirts and $20 hoodies rocked! I cleaned up! Didn't get any Nightwish condoms, though. :(

It was a pretty medium sized group, but a bit larger than ours, got turned away from the door because of someone who was under 21, which I think is why so many people didn't show up. Not to mention, you have to find the Highlander to get there ;)

we also showed up right behind the Glenntourage, but because Patrick wasn't 21 we could not enter. Kathy tried sweet-talking the ogre at the door but he would not relent. James offered to go start a fight with the guy just so we can sneak by during the tumult, but we declined. Thanks James & Kathy for your efforts. You are some true friends! :lol:

ah well, we tried. :cool: Maybe next time.

but here's the clencher... The Highlander does not allow anyone under 21 because of no other reason than the smoking ordinance. :guh: So help me understand this - an 18 year old can buy and smoke cigarettes legally in GA, but not so in your establishment due to the very same smoking ordinance?

*scratches head* something isn't right with that picture.