PP4 pre party

Bryant said:
Wishmaster are you a mosher ? I officially claim the pre-party mosh-pit as the sole property of Bryant, but you and anyone else are welcomed to interject. ^___^

Bryant

Havn't jumped into a mosh pit in quite a while, but that doesn't mean I won't. ;)

--Mike

This is a partial listing from porcupinetree.com... the dates with Opeth are all listed as such, so I guess it's a PT-only gig for us georgians after all.

Jul 08 2003 Tampa, USA: Club Twilight
Jul 11 2003 Athens, USA: 40 Watt Club
Jul 16 2003 Montreal, Canada: Spectrum (with Opeth)

Shaye

Wishmaster said:
Havn't jumped into a mosh pit in quite a while, but that doesn't mean I won't. ;)

--Mike

Me either, so I am due. I probably don't have that many years of "mosh pit" left in me so I'll definitely jump in if there is one at the pre-show.

Bryant

Moshing is something some of us old folks get a hankering for once in a while. Remember, people enjoy music in different ways, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with moshing. Now, it seems to me kids these days don't seem to get that you're not supposed to hurt anyone, so I haven't been in a pit in probably almost 10 years. Plus, I prefer to be in the front row, 'banging and singing along. :)

That said, I think Bryant and Mike were talking about the pre-party... but just in case, I believe Glenn has a no-moshing rule. True?

Shaye

lady_space said:
Moshing is something some of us old folks get a hankering for once in a while. Remember, people enjoy music in different ways, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with moshing. Now, it seems to me kids these days don't seem to get that you're not supposed to hurt anyone, so I haven't been in a pit in probably almost 10 years. Plus, I prefer to be in the front row, 'banging and singing along. :)

That said, I think Bryant and Mike were talking about the pre-party... but just in case, I believe Glenn has a no-moshing rule. True?

Shaye

I seem to recall hearing something about a rule pertaining to moshing, but I can't remember what it was, specifically. I haven't been in a true mosh pit in at least five years, and, these days, moshing to me is more like extreme headbanging. :loco:

I remember the days where, if you fell down in a mosh pit, the pit would stop, help you up, then keep going. Ah, the good old days... :)

--Mike

Shaye[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think moshing is a no no at the show. It wouldn't matter much anyway for me. I wouldn't have anough energy for a seven hour show and mosh too. Someone would be calling an ambulance for my old ass. Still, though I didn't "mosh" exactly, I was pretty "bouncy" and excited for Angel Dust at PP2.

Bryant

Wishmaster said:
I remember the days where, if you fell down in a mosh pit, the pit would stop, help you up, then keep going. Ah, the good old days... :)

--Mike

I never tried to hurt anyone in a mosh pit except for the bully/bullies that was/were trying to hurt other people. I'm not a real big guy at 185 pounds, but I am 6'1" with size 13 shoes and have good leverage from football training and good balance on these big feet. Usually the "bullies" were skins that came to some of the more extreme concerts. The "long-hairs" generally hit accordingly to the size of the other person except for once in a while, one would be a little drunk and too aggressive. That's been my experiences with mosh pits.
Those bullies piss me off though. I've seen them knock the shit out of little guys and girls, but if I catch them doing it I'm going from mosher mode to linebacker mode. It's not like I'm trying to be Officer Bryant of the mosh police, but it's supposed to be fun. Picking your teeth up off the floor doesn't sound like fun to me. I doubt the prog/power fans would have an insane mosh pit anyway. Drunk people would be the only problem I could see.

Bryant

Last year I saw a lot of people drinkin' (counting myself \m/) but what really impressed me with the PP crowd was that everyone was there for the same reasons; see great bands, have a great time and meet cool poeple. I saw no obnoxious drunks at all.

The vibe at PPIII was very impressive and very cool. My friends and I were only upset at getting bumped from our choice hotel to someplace else and not getting to hang out at any "hotel parties". Hopefully this year will be different. Nothing beats hanging with cool poeple, playing some loud metal and having a truckload of beer. :)

Magistral is definintley one of the best bands to play progpower V.
1.They are better than previous headliners of the progpower festival(Ex.Rage, Nightwish, Blind Guardian.)
2.They really put on a great show.
3.The song "Awake" is probably one of the best power metal songs ever!!!
4.People who saw them at the pre-show party at Progpower 3 have not heard the recently written songs since then, which are great.
5.people who say that they should just play the pre-show party for next year don't really unterstand the point of the pre-show party. I think a different band should play every year so it leaves more oppertunities for local bands who are trying to get thier music heard. Thier are alot of really good bands that don't get the credit they deserve, main ex. MAGISTRAL.
I think they should definantley be the opening act for PP5, although like I said they are just as good as certain bands that have headlined before. So please have MAGISTRAL play ProgPower V. I know if they played they be signed right away.