2000 Decibel forum-meeting

yep, I know :)

Any news about you being at 2000 decibel btw? I plan to arrange and book things the upcoming week.
And Amon Amarth cancelled in case you don't know already. Hm, would have liked to see them as well.

It's a shame that Amon Amarth cancelled, would have been nice to see them. But I am completely satisfied with Vintersorg & Candlemass (old swedsih fucking doom!)

Hearse said:
Where there last year, but dont think I'll come this year :D
and what is folk öl anyway :heh:

hehe, in Sweden we have three kinds of beer. So here goes:
Light - almost no alcohol at all...
The one in the middle (known as mellanöl, folköl, pissöl etc.) - 2.8% or 3.5%
Strong beer - well, the strong one...
Guess that you have to be a swede to really appreciate the weaker kinds... ;)

Morgana said:
...sounds like you have to go for a piss very often... :lol:
Well, I guess that's how it got it's name. The thing is, when you have drunk about 5-6 pissöl, you have to go. And once you´ve gone, you can´t stop!!! :D
A true classic! At least where I live...

No offence here Draugen, but Mellanöl is actually a whole other thing than Folköl ;)

Mellanöl is above folköl in strength, but below starköl (hence the name) that is, it is around 4.5 %. It was sold in ordinary shops until the late 70´s, but was then removed due to the abuse of it, it was almost only younger ppl drinking it. It can now be bought at systembolaget.

Trivia: The best mellanöl is TT (which can also be bought in stronger and weaker version, but none of them are as good as the mellanöl, all of this obviously IMHO).
The danish class one, the pilsner, is the equal of the swedish mellanöl, with classic brands such as "Carlsberg Hof" and "Tuborg Grön".

Apart from all this I must say that folköl can be really great sometimes, like in a park in summer, but the taste is actually quite... watery.

-phyros ( did I mention I like beer? )