2004 line up

Catharsis said:
They said that their Underworld show in November would be their last ever UK show thouygh. :(

that was said ... tho they did make a special guest apperance at the earache black xmas bash ... and that (i think) REALLY was the last sabbat gig as he said good bye to the old bass player ... whom is be replaced by Iscaria from immortal!

yes, if you are a fan of theirs you will go to this one, anyways they'll get a longer set at the Underworld
Unfortunately, sods law comes into play here. I'm going to be in Norway when that show goes ahead as I'm heading over there for Inferno, and then seeing some other parts of the country for two weeks afterwards.

I suppose I've wanted to go to Norway equally as much as I've wanted to see Finntroll however, but it's still a shame that I'll miss them.

Yeah nice to see some of the line up beefin' up a bit.

Little bit tempting to go. What about Grave Digger then...

Hammerfall might be headliner for the show since they didn't turned up for the previous one.

Anyways it was nice to talking to ya Glyn! I really enjoyed the conversation on the phone! If we met last time we probably end up talking for ages man!

Up the Hull City!

Vince has said on another Thread that Hammerfall are recording at the time so they won't be playing this year either. While I'm not a fan I think thats a bit unfair for them not to make it up to you all.

Just add GAMMA RAY & I'll be there !!!!! :headbang:
(I will anyway but that would be the icing on the cake!)

Trace said:
What a fanastic line up... BLOODSTOCK ORGANISERS .. you should be very proud of yourselves!

CHILDREN OF BODOM
SONATA ARCTICA
PRIMAL FEAR
BALANCE OF POWER
EDENBRIDGE

all we need now is After Forever for Saturday! above primal fear please!

god_king said:
Little bit tempting to go. What about Grave Digger then...
Yeah, what about Grave Digger? They've been getting better and better with each of their most recent albums, and I'd love them to be the Friday night headliners. But I think that realistically, the chances of that are slim.

Well then seeing as we are cruelly going to be denied Hammerfall again how about those cheery bunch of chaps Cryonic Temple who would make an excelent true metal alternative and I would imagine work quite cheap
As for the compere this year how about Mullet Man from Scuzz TV

I'm disappointed to hear that there will be no NWOBHM bands at 2004 Blood Stock.

What about John Sykes fronted Thin Lizzy? ( RIP Phil Lynott! God Bless ) I saw them live last year despite very short performance they are great and I think Thunder & Lightning materials willl make audience very happy.
I think they are still doing gig some where in US. I'm a big Sykes fan he's played with Tygers and Street Fighter so he'll be counted as NWOBHM anyways as well. He's a great guitar player. I was listning to White Snake 1987 last night, guitar works blow me away.

Since I'm only interested seeing COB and Primal Fear... heh... Gamma Ray would be great really. Kai Hansen is great also. I want them to sign my box set, Blast From The Past and No World Order.

Rock Bitch?

Under The Hammer! It's comin' Down! UNDERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

ACCEPT: Restless & Wild

thanks for that.

I'm coming up mainly to see sonata arctica, but after checking the websites of the confirmed bands, i am looking foward to hearing a couple of them :) :D

Speaking of Priest...I aint heard stuff by them for a long time now. Are they still good? I'm pretty sure a few years back I heard a song they had just released and it was shit!
Of course comparing it to their old stuff then it's unfair because the older priest was so good!

I thought Saxon were on too long last year! Might have been because I was knackered from the travelling or something and the fact that I don't really like Saxon much...but they just never seemed to end! Haha

divineslayer666 said:
Speaking of Priest...I aint heard stuff by them for a long time now. Are they still good?
Who knows? The newer material certainly wasn't up to the classic albums of yesteryear. But Ripper has now gone (off to Iced Earth, where I'm very pleased with the results), and Halford is back in his rightful place at the helm of Priest. But no one's heard any new material from them since the reunion. I always felt the problem with newer Priest was Glenn's songwriting rather than Ripper's voice, so who know's what the new stuff will be like? But I'm optimistic.

i cant believe someone could think saxon were on oo long.. i love saxon! they rule live... yeh priests older stuff is good but if 1990 is recent then painkiller rules! its honestly one of my favourite albums and definately one of the best metal albums of all time... im looking forward to hearing some new priest material soon... cant wait to see them live aswell.. ill do anything! i hear they might be headlining ozzfest and i would sacrifice myh dignity to go to ozzfest for them... i suppose mocking the lesser beings could be fun...

I'm gotta say this but Judas Priest is not NWOBHM. They had studio career since 1974 with "Rocka Rolla".

They are 2nd pioneering generations of British hard rock/heavy metal along with UFO, Budgie, Thin Lizzy, Wishborn Ash, Motörhead etc.

NWOBHM started in 1979.

There's NWOBHM website www.nwobhm.com

Marshall Law or Atom Seeds even Wolfsbane are not really a NWOBHM but they have that blood. You could call them 4th british metal generations. Very underground.

I'm a Priest fan more than Maiden. So I'm hoping they'll bring the sizzling beefy meat and chunky hot potatoes metal from them. I mean that Halford "Crucible" ripped my soul apart. 2004 real METAL GODS will rise.

I want Ripper Owens to join Damage Plan. Probably he'll be good with them instead of Iced Earth.

Disappointing to hear that there's no more Rock Bitch. I'd be counting how many tits is on the stage.

1, 2, 3, 4...

Heh...

Threshold: Critical Mass & Hypothetical latter one is better cos more heavier.

I also think early Saxon albums were very dull, very basic rock'n'rolly sounds and I didn't like it much. Wheels Of Steel/Strong Arm Of The Law is one of the worst NWOBHM collections that I own along with Blitzkrieg's sanctuary reissue.

I think Blitzkrieg aren't that good. Absolute power is OK but bit too tacky ( Poor studio recording sounds ) and can be bit boring.

One day I picked up "Metal Head" I thought this is pretty good stuff. Very typical euro power metal style.

They are great live band and their new materials are very good. OK it is mixed of rock and metal.

"Killing Ground" and "Heavy Metal Thunder" does rock.

Saxon is one of the most popular bands in the world at the moment otherwise they wouldn't be headlining major event like Wacken, Bang Your Head and Bloodstock.