2004 line up

Threshold: Critical Mass, Hypothetical and Psychedelicatessen...latter one is better still as it jsut owns all! :p

I was dissapointed about Saxon headlining Wacken to be honast. I would haev preferred a more Heavy band! But you got to catter for everyones tastes I suppose and not just mine :)
But I tell you what it's going to be a fucking laugh watching Cannibal Corpse! I can not stand them for one second but i'm deffinately getting into the pit for them! Going mad! (So if I stop posting after August 7th then i'm either Dead or incapacitated in Hospital :p

i think to say priest arent NWOBHM is being picky, true they dont fit the timescale but the sound is NWOBHM... i cant say i agree with you about saxon although i would say theyre a live band not necessarily an album band... but hey, to each their own...

Reactions: Lorri
god_king said:
I also think early Saxon albums were very dull, very basic rock'n'rolly sounds and I didn't like it much. Wheels Of Steel/Strong Arm Of The Law is one of the worst NWOBHM collections that I own along with Blitzkrieg's sanctuary reissue.

I think Blitzkrieg aren't that good. Absolute power is OK but bit too tacky ( Poor studio recording sounds ) and can be bit boring.

One day I picked up "Metal Head" I thought this is pretty good stuff. Very typical euro power metal style.

They are great live band and their new materials are very good. OK it is mixed of rock and metal.

"Killing Ground" and "Heavy Metal Thunder" does rock.

Saxon is one of the most popular bands in the world at the moment otherwise they wouldn't be headlining major event like Wacken, Bang Your Head and Bloodstock.
My fve NWOBHM bands were Hollow Ground, Trespass and Witchfinder General. Sadly I don't think any of these bands are currently active. An often overlooked/Underated album by a classic NWOBHM is Def Leppard's On Through The Night.

well probably not rumoured at all, but i wouldnt mind seeing Mass Hysteria :D never seen them before heard a few songs.. i like :)

the worst fest is blatantly download... at least ozzfest has sabbath or ozzy... its at least got a fraction of decency although to be fair, who needs those puddles of festival piss when youve got the mighty bloodstock!

Jonoleth said:
the worst fest is blatantly download... at least ozzfest has sabbath or ozzy... its at least got a fraction of decency although to be fair, who needs those puddles of festival piss when youve got the mighty bloodstock!

I'll drink to that! Sabbath for bloodstock :worship: well..............one can dream :D

Download is better!
Personally I thought neither have any really decent bands playing but the organisation for Ozzfest was diabolical! You couldn't go from one stage to another to see different bands play. They only allowed a certain amount of people into the smaller stage area! And although it was never mentioned beforehand you had to have some sort of special ticket thing to get to inside the barrier!...so for the whoel fucking day I was 4000 people back...what is the point in being 4000 people back at a fucking festival man for fucks sake! Plus the sound sucked....bands PA was fucking up!..........ah it was all in all the worst gig i've ever been to!
I was sooo pissed off by the end that by the time Ozzy came on I had went back to the bus with my girlfriend and occupied myself with something more interesting! ;)
At least at Download I got to see Iron maiden again and get to the front...and you coudl wonder about and still get back to the front easy enough!

fact is though that who needs them when Bloodstock exists!
2 day tickets at download cost £90 this year I think....It's £40 at Bloodstock. Less than half the bloody price and 100000000000 times better :p

I don't really bother with Ozzfest or Download although they occasionally, to their credit get one or two good bands on.

From what I hear, Stinkin' Park are supposed to be headlining Download this year. :puke: One more reason to give it a miss I think!!

All hail Bloodstock....it's the only UK festival I really need. :headbang: :kickass: :devil:

Download AND Ozfest both suck huge piss compared to the original Monsters of Rock festivals!
The amount of people i spoke with at last years download who said it was the best festival they had been to!? no my friend THIS is not a festival,now if you had been stood here 10-15 years ago ....aah well at least Vince has got the idea and the germans? now they know how to put on an open air festival.
Fuck download,fuck reading , fuck Ozzfest...bring back the real donington!
or even better , Bloodstock Open air!!!

FOURWAYKILL said:
Download AND Ozfest both suck huge piss compared to the original Monsters of Rock festivals!
The amount of people i spoke with at last years download who said it was the best festival they had been to!? no my friend THIS is not a festival,now if you had been stood here 10-15 years ago ....aah well at least Vince has got the idea and the germans? now they know how to put on an open air festival.
Here Here!:headbang: :headbang:

FOURWAYKILL said:
....aah well at least Vince has got the idea and the germans? now they know how to put on an open air festival.

Wise words my friend!!

And Bloodstock is growing at an alarming rate at the moment so who knows where it will lead... :D :headbang:

Indeed, i await the day when bloodstock is open air and needs a reading/leeds size venue... ok, so maybe not but we can dream...

FOURWAYKILL said:
Agreed. Although this year, Ozzfest will probably feature the only UK live date for Judas Priest. I'm not sure whether that's enough to tempt me to put up with the rest of the shit on the bill, but I'm at least considering it, which is more than I've done for previous years...

well its still only a rumour and im sure priest said something abut a world tour... thats got to include the uk! anyway, even if weve got to stomach oxxfest then we can just turn up for priest and then piss off...

Jonoleth said:
well its still only a rumour and im sure priest said something abut a world tour... thats got to include the uk! anyway, even if weve got to stomach oxxfest then we can just turn up for priest and then piss off...
Damn right friend , i did it for sabbath and Slayer . Preist'Ozzfest ? we would control the whole pit !!

Linkin Park.......hahaha that's pathetic. They do not even deserve an insult because it would not insult them enough!

There's noway I'm going to download or Ozzfest....Unless my mate says he will come to Bloodstock if I go to Download with him. His brother is going and my mate also wants to see Metallica. I need a good excuse as to why I can't go!.....hmmm! :p
Fuck Metallica.......They are shit anyway!
Don't know why they get praised so much. Ok so they made a decent Thrash metal album with Kill em All. Then Master of Puppets was great. Ride the lightning was slightly worse than average and justice for all was decent. (1989) Have they released anything good after that? Fuck no....how can a band that have sucked sooooo much for 15 fucking years still be rated higher than real metal bands who with every album release something special!
And people wonder why I hate them so damn much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(Sorry if i offended any metallica fans :p).....hehehehhehe