2010 best albums

Djabthrash

Aug 26, 2007
Paris / Montpellier, FRANCE
The end of the year is near, what did you guys really dig so far ?

Here is my list :

METAL/HARDCORE/ROCK :

Soilwork - the panic broadcast (best album of the year hands down for me, and i wasn't even hooked much on it at first)
Trials - Witness to the downfall (judging from what i've heard so far)
Stone Sour - Audio Secrecy
Freya - All Hail The End (way underestimated IMO)
Fuck The Facts - Unnamed [EP]
Terror - keepers of the faith
Immolation - Majesty And Decay
Deftones - diamond eyes (not very convinced at first but it grew on me big time)
Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Criminal Element - Crime And Punishment Pt. 1 (MCD)
Sick Of It All - Based On A True Story

Also i'm diggin' the Daath album more and more, but i'm not totally sold on it yet.

NON-HEAVY :

Brandon Boyd - The Wild Trapeze (solo album by Incubus singer... i LOVE that record)

For 2011 i'm thrilled on the following :

GLASSJAW new album
VISION OF DISORDER new album
MORBID ANGEL new album

James Labrie - Static Impulse (Porduction and Song wise)
Meat Loaf (forgot the album name)

Slash - Slash
Mutiny Within - Mutiny Within
The Pretty Reckless - Light Me Up
Taylor Swift - Speak Now (no homo XD)
Hanz Zimmer - Inception OST.

And a number of albums that I got bored with very quickly.

Ellie Goulding - Lights
Jimmy Eat World - Invented
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Taylor Swift - Speak Now
Four Year Strong - Enemy of the World
Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
Accept - Blood of the Nations
Go Radio - Do Overs and Second Chances
Haste The Day - Attack of the Wolf King
You Me At Six - Hold Me Down

Probably missing a few, but those were the standouts to me.

nice list @ OP.

my personal faves:
misery index - heirs to thievery
defeated sanity - chapters of repugnance (!!!)
fuck the facts - unnamed
the ocean - heliocentric
keep of kalessin - reptilian

biggest downfall: nevermore - the obsidian conspiracy.
i had incredibly high hopes for the album, as everything they did so far was pure gold. hell, even the 1992 demo is awesome. i just don't dig the new direction they went in. based on interviews i have a feeling that peter wichers is at least partly to blame for that. jeff said that the new songs actually were often 7min epics with lots of great parts, and peter trimmed away a lot of the "fat" and made the song structure more straighforward.
unfortunately, that "fat" is a large part of what i love about nevermore. the way they focus on choruses, with mediocre build-ups before them, just sounds amateurish to me. termination proclamation bridge/chorus is a prime example of that.

yeah but what I meant is that If I had played the game I would probably be completely sold on the music. Such as the music from Outcast the game adn Final Fantasy games.

Sounds good so far!

Yeah spot on, you're right there. The music and game go hand-in-hand, just a really great overall experience, especially if you're coming from a Diablo background. I hate first person shooters, and Borderlands is the only one I've played to completion and beyond in a long, long time, so that says a lot about the power of its hack'n'slashness.

Btw, just play 'Welcome to the Wastelands', it's one of the most awesome minutes and a half of ambiance I've ever heard.

biggest downfall: nevermore - the obsidian conspiracy.

+1

Actually just sounds like they are burning out overall. Just an opinion but I don't see them being around for much longer at all, unless something DRASTIC changes and I really hate to say that cause like many others I've been a fan since the demos, have every disc and they are actually kinda buddies of mine