2010 best albums

I just realized something.... The ONLY new albums I've listened to this year are Darius Rucker and Taylor Swift...

Fail... where did my year go!?!

-P

A shitload of albums I've been telling myself to listen to that I haven't gotten around to yet. I just haven't really been keeping up with the latest releases as much as I did for 2007 to 2009.

Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast
Agalloch - The Marror of Spirit
Allegaeon - Fragments of Form and Function
VersaEmerge - Fixed At Zero
The Reign of Kindo - This is What Happens
Minus the Bear - Omni

Enditol - Enditol.
That album deserves to sell more copies than what it has so far, so epic, one of the coolest tech/prog metal albums I've heard in a while.
Absolutely killer musicianship and great song writing, it's an album I hardly go a week without listening too.

Periphery - Periphery.

Honestly I bought it because I just wanted to support Bulb, and I never bothered to really listen to Bulb's stuff on Soundclick prior to that, so I wasn't one of those Bulb fanboys.
But I came off pretty impressed. Some really creative, fresh and inspired sounding prog metal. A very unique band

Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
Ihsahn - After
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Patrick Park - Come What Will
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One

Very very slow year! I can barely name 10 good albums off the bat :zombie: The ones that come to mind:

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Electric Wizard - Black Masses
Stam1na - Viimeinen Atlantis
Dark Tranquillity - We Are the Void
Fear Factory - Mechanize
Front Line Assembly - Improvised Electronic Device

Nevermore & Keep of Kalessin were on my mind halfway through the year, but I've grown so bored of them :p Too much sugar ;)

Salem Al Fakir - Ignore This
Magenta Skycode - Relief
Stam1na - Viimeinen Atlantis
Kent - En Plats I Solen

The soundtrack to Alice in Wonderland also had some amazing moments but I'm a sucker for almost anything Elfman.
I also really, really liked Distant Worlds II: More music from Final Fantasy, a great improvement over the previous one. Far from perfect still.

Triptykon
Atheist - Jupiter
DSO - Paracletus
Forbidden - Omega Wave
Aborted - Coronary Reconstruction (I know it's only an EP but it blows away most DM releases this year, can't wait for the full-length)
Ihsahn - After
Burzum - Belus

2010 was pretty bad in fairness. New Nevermore sounds like they're just going through the motions at this stage, not as much longevity in it compared to earlier releases. I can see myself reaching for POE, DNB or DHIADW before listening to it again.

Can't think of much albums, but I think Abrahdabra still saved it from being very bad year...so..
High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine
DB - Abrahadabra

There we're plenty of albums that had a nice mix, but the music was just so crap it was unlistenable..

James Labrie - Static Impulse
Ihsahn - After
Atheist - Jupiter
Deftones- Diamond Eyes
Accept- Blood of the nations
Pain Of Salvation - Road Salt One
Nevermore - Obsidian Conspiracy
Textures- Silhouettes
Exodus - Exhibit B The HUman Condition

Top ten for me in 2010 , (not in this order)