2012 Presidential election thread

I watched that last night. Paul was trying so hard to be likable/funny but he's just kinda old man awkward. Jay Leno "Michele Bachmann?" Paul "Oh, she doesn't like Muslims" lol

Joe looked like what the fuck am I doing here! Promoting Fear Factor next to someones who's promoting the Constitution.

haha, I guess I've seen so many Paul videos I'm used to his mannerisms and humor so he seemed to be acting normal to me. What he was saying about the other candidates is right though. Bachmann and Santorum hate Muslims and gay people, they preach endlessly about the state of affairs in the Middle East and how everyone there not named Israel is evil as fuck regardless of any ties the United States has had with them in the past and present. And both of those two yahoos have been in arguments with normal citizens over gay rights and just come off as out of touch and insensitive.

Ya, Joe is fucking awesome man. I won't say he hates Fear Factor, but I do know for a fact that the only reason he does the show is because they pay him a shit load of money. There's a ton of youtube clips of his standup and podcasts talking shit about the show and they're pretty funny. And promotion of the show comes with the territory.

We have been through this circus before as a nation. Goldwater was the last chance for a principled statesman in the White House, until Ron Paul. TPTB will not allow Ron Paul into the White House. I smell a second term for Obama.

On that note, I am on season five of a Madden 12 franchise mode, and Obama is still president. /conspiracy :lol:

We have been through this circus before as a nation. Goldwater was the last chance for a principled statesman in the White House, until Ron Paul. TPTB will not allow Ron Paul into the White House. I smell a second term for Obama.

On that note, I am on season five of a Madden 12 franchise mode, and Obama is still president. /conspiracy :lol:

None of the GOP field would appeal to enough voters to oust Obama. Plus, the election will get rigged anyway. And what's-her-name was right about you, because only closet gay bros play Madden.

edit: what's-her-name = Vacant Planets

Herman Cain (would have been) and Ron Paul are my primary choices.

Realistically, I'm going to have to root for Romney. He may be somewhat left leaning compared to the others, but at least he's consistent and definitely electable. The safe candidate. Newt, Bachman, and Perry scare me in their own brands of radicalism. With the latter two likely to drum up another war...

Hey Dak, do you play online?

I've been gay since 2002

I haven't had Xbox gold in over a year, so not recently. Plus, I got tired of the constant BS playing online. If I was winning the other guy quits, or you get those guys who only use *the best team available* and then start chunking hail mary's until it works. IE: Not playing legitimate football.

Realistically, I'm going to have to root for Romney. He may be somewhat left leaning compared to the others, but at least he's consistent and definitely electable. The safe candidate. Newt, Bachman, and Perry scare me in their own brands of radicalism. With the latter two likely to drum up another war...

Romney is like a really nice, fucking expensive sofa with all the feathers sucked out of the cushions; flashy and supposedly comfortable, but once you sit down on him you realize everything he advertised is empty and vacuous.

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? Herman fucking Cain? What did that guy ever say that made any sense whatsoever? And Mitt Romney? The consistent, electable, and SAFE CANDIDATE?!?!?!?!?!?!? wtjapisjgtpajghadfhojhpojehmaopmgapogmwmgop3mh

gkaokgoekghokh

bXcty.jpg

Obviously when you talk about what a politician "is", you're talking about what he portrays himself as, since there's almost a big discrepancy between reality and appearance. But regardless of whether or not how faithful Ron Paul would be in office to his public stances, irrespective of the debates about whether or not that would be a good thing, he wouldn't be able to get much done with congress fighting against him anyway.

And Mitt Romney? The consistent, electable, and SAFE CANDIDATE?!?!?!?!?!?!? wtjapisjgtpajghadfhojhpojehmaopmgapogmwmgop3mh

gkaokgoekghokh

Not consistent, but how is Romney not more safe and electable than virtually anyone else? Huntsman is the only alternative, and being a corporate Mormon himself (but simply a less known and popular one) is not really any better according to electability/safety.

Obviously when you talk about what a politician "is", you're talking about what he portrays himself as, since there's almost a big discrepancy between reality and appearance. But regardless of whether or not how faithful Ron Paul would be in office to his public stances, irrespective of the debates about whether or not that would be a good thing, he wouldn't be able to get much done with congress fighting against him anyway.

I would consider a president that just did nothing but veto all the bullshit emanating from Congress a success.

Edit:mad: HB. "Romney: He's anything you want him to be" (Visa ad voice)