2016 Presidential Election

Seems like wishful thinking on your part.

I don't particularly want Trump to win and I'm not voting for him, so no, not really. He even prefaced his comment on guns and no fly lists immediately with the endorsement of the NRA on the matter to ease the waters.

I don't particularly want Trump to win and I'm not voting for him, so no, not really. He even prefaced his comment on guns and no fly lists immediately with the endorsement of the NRA on the matter to ease the waters.

No I mean it's wishful thinking that you think he supported no-fly list gun bans in order to seem moderate/stronger on terror. I tend to think it's the flip, he genuinely doesn't care about the bill of rights and showed his true character briefly before he remembered that he's running as a republican and tried to clean up his mess with a reference to the NRA.

Oh I agree with that, he has no character, but his ego will still make him give certain concessions to his loyal supporters.

Interestingly, the "Ms Piggy" comment may turn out to be a special Trump card for debate #2

This election cycle is so fucking amazing. Meme magick, praise KEK.

Then they can make Trump agree with them since he's pretty malleable. Republicans have a better position on issues that matter. An open borders big government statist in the white house would be a disaster.

You're all over the place.

First you say vote Trump because he will do these things - or even if he doesn't, at least he'll push us in that direction. Then you say we need cooperation between both houses of congress and the president; except that plenty of republicans don't agree with Trump on all matters. So then you say they can make Trump agree with them, since he's malleable. In which case, you're no longer voting for Trump or for the possibility that he may push us toward the policies he advocates; you're voting along party lines that will probably do an overwhelming amount of absolutely nothing with regard to the values that you repeatedly espouse.

I think that's pretty consistent. Trump and republicans in congress agree on conservative stances on most fiscal issues plus immigration.

I don't really give a shit about social issues and republicans tend to not want to spend money on them so that's good

I disagree with both Trump and congress on some things like pro-life garbage, fuck that but I'm willing to swallow it for the more important stuff

Can you imagine 4 or 8 years of Hillary fighting with congress over terrible policies?

Last edited:
Can you imagine 4 or 8 years of Hillary fighting with congress over terrible policies?

Hillary probably won't be alive 8 years from now, so there's some light in that dark vision. In her current state, Bernie is likely to outlive her.

Reactions: arg
Didn't Hillary Clinton have a health exam that was released to the public recently that points to her being in overall good health aside from a treatable case of pneumonia and her already known hypothyroidism?

Didn't Hillary Clinton have a health exam that was released to the public recently that points to her being in overall good health aside from a treatable case of pneumonia and her already known hypothyroidism?

She's about to be 69 and being president is incredibly stressful. Hypothyroidism makes this even worse. Even if she were in otherwise "good health", odds are with my statement. I hope she doesn't last out any given week but that's obviously wishful thinking.

She's about to be 69 and being president is incredibly stressful. Hypothyroidism makes this even worse. Even if she were in otherwise "good health", odds are with my statement. I hope she doesn't last out any given week but that's obviously wishful thinking.

Donald Trump is older than her and has yet to release actual information about his medical history despite releasing a claim that he will be the healthiest person ever elected.

Donald Trump is older than her and has yet to release actual information about his medical history despite releasing a claim that he will be the healthiest person ever elected.

Sure, Trump could pass on too. I wasn't making a comparative statement or arguing that one should vote for Trump because Clinton isn't going to make it. I'm just saying that the odds are Clinton is dead within the next 8 years, and that the world will be better off for it.

Reactions: CiG
The worst thing about Trumpvestites is that they can't just do the nose-holding thing, they have to actively defend the man and try to make pro-Trump arguments. It ends up looking like arg's inconsistent gibberish.

Sure, Trump could pass on too. I wasn't making a comparative statement or arguing that one should vote for Trump because Clinton isn't going to make it. I'm just saying that the odds are Clinton is dead within the next 8 years, and that the world will be better off for it.

Fair enough. I just want it to be clear that neither of them has a much better chance of living long enough to do two terms than the other.

The odds are that neither of them will live that long since the average longevity for a healthy American male is around 76. That's what I'm saying.

I also think that critics are making a bigger deal out of Hillary Clinton's health than is necessary since she is considered to have made stable progress with blood clotting concerns and her hypothyroidism is considered to be manageable.

Donald Trump didn't release very much information about himself aside from some stats, despite his claims that he is in good health.

He's too fat to be in good health and yes she is said to be making positive progress, but still. I know where I'd put my money.

Personally I hope whoever wins dies immediately and their VP takes over. Total trashfire.