2018 Stanley Cup playoffs

good post season so far

Kings and Ducks are out, so Im happy

now if only we can get Nashville to lose

Reactions: NorseBlood
Agree with you on the Ducks. I suppose Kessler can go home and kick his dog now.
Slim chance the Wild will take down the Jets.
I'd like to see the Pens lose, but they won't this round.
But for you, tonight will be the end of the Avs sweetheart. You can bet your catfish on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trodden
I doubt Pitt will go out this round, they look too good and Murray is beasting it, plus Crosby is fucking great

the Lightning are looking good too. but Im sure Colorado is losing, I dont see them coming back at all

personally Im looking forward to a Boston, Pitt series. That could be the highlight of the year

but I think in the next round TB and Boston will be a great series

Vegas and San Jose will be good but the sharks are going to get tired out and picked apart

not sure about Wash and CBJ but who ever gets in will get crushed by Pitt

This is the first year in a long time my interest is low due to my beloved Blackhawks being out, however I have adopted Vegas as my team to root for. Just got back from a week out in LV and the town is all about it. I love the way they play, and am anticipating an amazing series if/when they meet Nashville. Sick of the Pens so I am hoping at least PHI will extend the series and tire them out. The Caps find new ways to lose each year.

Go Hawks!

Im not really rooting for any team

it sucks to watch a game with two teams youre not a backer of, then watch one team youre only partially rooting for lose

Washington just scored

Wash/CBJ 1-1 in the first

Jets fan here. Hoping the Hamburglar can keep it up and it least take the Preds to 7. Would love to see Columbus knock down Washington too.

I would like to see Toronto take out Boston & I'm gonna root for the Sharks over Vegas. I know Vegas has been hot all year, but this could be a great series. Sharks are peaking at the right time. Unreal how the Pens took apart the Flyers today. Not a fan of the Pens, but hey they do find a way to win & sometimes the refs give them a little help looking the other way - or so it seems.

damn how good was Rinne?

one of the best goalies next to Vasil IMO

Nashville vs Vegas will be a damn good series

Rinne is always good, but so is Hellebuyck. However, Rinne's backup Juuse Saros is a quality goalie himself. As a Preds fan I've been telling people all season there are three teams I really fear, and they're the Jets, Vegas, and Tampa. Preds have a tendency to get behind early and have to stage comebacks. We are also the most penalized team in the NHL. Somehow we've come through it all but can it last? Jets have the #1 home ice advantage in the league, while the Preds have the #1 away team record. Rinne and Hellebuyck are both candidates for the Vezina Trophy. And lets not forget Jets forward Patrik Laine who nearly snagged the Rocket Richard Trophy. This next series against the Jets will be cardiac good.

I know its not a given, but Nashville vs San Jose wont be as exciting

plus I think Vegas has the speed advantage against San Jose

regardless of who gets in, its been a great post season so far and is only going to get better

who's you pick to win besides Nashville?

If not Nashville I think its Vegas against Pitt or TB

damn that Boston Toronto game was intense

how weird would a Washington/Toronto series be

Boston - Toronto was crazy. How about Anderson's slapping that puck out of the air? Saved a sure goal.

My thoughts are the Preds - Jets could be THE series of the postseason. I know I'm biased, but IMO the Preds and the Jets are the two best teams this year. So, whoever wins the Preds - Jets series will go on to win the Cup. Yes I know Vegas has been hot all year, and the Preds have had trouble with them too. However, I just think the Jets are really hot right now. The Preds - Jets series could easily go down to 7 games. I'm thinking the Preds have the edge, but not by much.

My prediction is this.

Round 1: This round ends with Boston beating Toronto in game 7 at home in Boston.
Round 2: Tampa beats Boston. Washington beats Pittsburgh. Sharks beat Vegas. Preds beat Jets.
Round 3: Tampa beats Washington. Preds beat Sharks.
Final: Preds beat Tampa to win Cup

I know I'm sticking my neck out a little to say Sharks beat Vegas. I'm just basing this one on gut feel. I know the Sharks will be a heavy underdog.

Also Washington will have to overcome recent history to beat the Pens. Some teams have trouble with some rivals, and the Caps have had their problems with the Pens. However I'm thinking the Pens time is just about over. Nothing lasts forever, and the Caps showed real character coming back against Columbus the way they did. this could be their year to get the giant Penguin off their backs.

I agree this postseason has been exceptional. What about you? Who are you thinking could win this?

I would say that

1. Nashville beats the Jets
2. vegas beats San Jose
3. Vegas and Nashville go to 6 or 7 games with Pikka being the difference

Id probably say Nashville takes it

then on the other side

1. Pitt and Wash have a back and forth series that Pitt takes in 5 or 6 games
2. Toronto takes Boston at home
3. TB and Toronto have a crazy series of blue on blue violence with Vasil having at least one shutout and TB taking it

then TB and Pitt have an epic series with TB coming out on top

Nashville and TB is a toss up for me. With two of the best goalies in the game going head to head its hard to say

as long as theres no sweeps in round 2 or past Im good

if there has to be one, let it be Wash vs Pitt, the rest of the series I want to see 7 games of each

Looks like a good analysis, and I can see where Toronto would beat Boston. The Predators had trouble with Toronto during the regular season. They are talented to be sure, and as you pointed out Anderson can be awesome. Also you're probably right about Vegas beating San Jose, but dang I just have this hunch about an upset... I haven't put any money on it however... :-D

I wonder what Pittsburgh fans think of the Pens getting rid of Fleury. He has done so well in net for Vegas. I know he had some problems during last year's Stanley Cup Final, but he has come roaring back as good as ever.

Well no game tonight. Not sure what I'm going to do now..

Letting go of Fleury was a big mistake, Vegas is on such a tear its hard to see them getting stifled

It would be crazy to see a San Jose upset, but I think a Vegas/Nashville series would be better than a San Jose/Nashville series

it sucks theres no game tonight, but tomorrow is going to be a great fucking game

jesus Vegas is murdering San Jose on national TV

its 4 to nothing in the first

it looks like a pro NHL team playing a special needs high school team

We'll see what hapens tonight. I can't believe the Sharks are that bad. They beat Vegas at least once in the regular season.

My Preds got it handed to them last night. I'm thinking we need more guys up front of the Jets net. Hellebuyck is too good to treat like other goalies.