2018 Stanley Cup playoffs

Not me, but I am pulling for Vegas

I just want to see Vegas/Nashville

I never root for Florida teams but I really like Vasil so Im pulling for Tampa

but honestly I want a game 7 in every series, way more drama and intensity to the games

but there are some great fucking games on today

Pitt and Washington have proven to be one of the best series IMO

ovechkin is having the series of a lifetime, and two of the best offensive players today (IMO) are ovechkin and crosby

Im pumped as fuck for that game

Jets and Preds should have a great game later, but Pitt/Wash are going to be fucking great

Reactions: NorseBlood
Boston and San Jose are out

Im hoping Nashville can force a game 7

Vegas and the Jets isnt that exciting to me

but fuck Im glad Marchand is gone. fuck that licking bastard

LOL Marchand. No one likes a jerk. Beantown must be so proud.

& yep for Nashville it all comes down to tonight's game. Which Preds will show up? The ones that won 10 straight games late in the season to seal the President's Trophy, or the one that can't get out of its own way? PK Subban said he guarantees a Nashville win. As a Preds fan who has rarely missed a game this season, I can tell you the team has lost its mojo. Something ain't right, and its not that the Jets don't deserve some credit. Going into the playoffs, the Avs had not beaten us since March 2017. We swept them the entire year. So we play them the first round and come darn near close to losing to them. Something is missing. I'll tell you the Preds took a heck of a time to go into a slump. They've still got 60 minutes left in their season. We'll see if they can do better than that, but I'm not hopeful.

Reactions: Trodden
Preds up, 1-0 in the first

but damn, how about that Washington/Pittsburgh game

defending champs out

gonna be a good game tonight

Wow. 4-0 against the Jets at home. That was everything I could have hoped for. So we'll have a game 7 at home. I'm happy as a clam right now!! And what about that second Forsberg goal???

Reactions: Trodden
And what about that second Forsberg goal???

if Nashville gets the cup they better give Forsberg a raise

he's been so damn crucial to their offense. I do have to say he's a very underrated player on the team

Rinne, Subban and Fisher get all the news, but Forsberg is truly indispensable IMO

that was a trouncing though. Game 7 should be really good. but you gotta give that game to Rinne. he had some amazing stops and is truly one of the best goalies playing today

but whomever wins is gonna face a rested Vegas team, and thats no joke

but damn Nashville was on point

I wish the Caps well, mostly because Coach Barry Trotz used to be here in Nashville. The TBL - Caps series should be especially good. Congrats on getting rid of the Pens, and especially BIG congrats on finishing them off on their own ice & right through the five hole.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kez
Saw a commentary of the upcoming Capitals - Lightning series on the NHL channel. They were talking about the physicality and depth of Tampa and how it will be a completely different game for the Capitals. Looks like regular season record was Tampa winning 2 (one of those in OT) and the Capitals winning 1. Grubauer was in net for the lone Capitals win. This will be a great series.

good game on tonight!

2-1 Jets at the end of the 1st

but damn did the Jets get away with a penalty at the end of the first

and that pass to Subban was fucking beautiful

I've watched almost every Preds game this year, and I can tell you after winning the President's Trophy at the end of the season they lost their mojo. Something changed and they just lost that edge they had all season. This was evident to me and others in playing the Avs and continued on when playing the Jets.

It reminded me of the opening lines of Awaken from Savatage's Poets and Madmen album.

"Can you see the future
Though it's well disguised?
Is the end so certain
That you've closed your eyes?"

Its like the Preds just went to sleep. But hey, the Jets played hard and definitely deserved the victory last night & deserved the series.

But... I'm going to have to pull Barry Trotz's team now.
GO CAPITALS !!

Reactions: Kez
I've got Winnipeg and Washington in the final, that said Fleury definitely has the ability to single handedly win a series if he is on his game. Washington beats Tampa because Holtby is better than Vasilaev (sp?) and they should be amped after dethroning the Pens, finally.

that was a good game

game 1 wasnt really that exciting, but they both traded beat downs

I think game 3 is gonna tell the story of the Jets/Vegas series

its a little early to tell who's gonna take off in that one

but damn if the Caps arent looking like the strongest team right now

Tampa Bay are getting their asses handed to them

if they dont show up strong tonight, they just might get swept

but a Caps/Vegas series will be pretty good

CANADIAN EXPAT BRENT FITZ WEIGHS IN ON NHL PLAYOFFS, WINNIPEG VS. VEGAS - "I COULDN'T BE MORE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE JETS"; VIDEO

5AFE4D4E-canadian-expat-brent-fitz-weighs-in-on-nhl-playoffs-winnipeg-vs-vegas-i-couldn-t-be-more-passionate-about-the-jets-video-image.png