25 Metal Albums Everybody Should Own?

and somehow you still post in a COB forum :p

i see you like arch enemy though from your sig, so there's still hope for re-ignition ;)

Well I discovered UM like a year an a half ago. Never felt like registering, just lurking I guess. Even then I wasn't too much of a bodom fan. Don't get me wrong, I love HB and FTR and listen to it every so often but not religiously :lol:

And yes, I like arch enemy :headbang:

How people can listen to and appreciate true-black-metal-of-cave-of-the-woods ? Men, when you listen to some old Darkthrone, Nehemah or Mayhem stuff, everything you can hear is an horrible crackling supposed to be a guitar sound, and a guy puking his lungs as if he sang in his bathroom.

That's not a kind of art. Kvlt black metal is shit.

I think it's just impossible to explain to someone who doesn't like Black Metal why we like it... you either like it or not, it's impossible to explain or make understand somehow what that genre of music gives "us" (right, Vikk? I still remember that "taste the darkness" fact, and it's true)...

┼Victim of the Night┼;6564528 said:
I think it's just impossible to explain to someone who doesn't like Black Metal why we like it... you either like it or not, it's impossible to explain or make understand somehow what that genre of music gives "us" (right, Vikk? I still remember that "taste the darkness" fact, and it's true)...

indeed Elisa, i listen to music cuz of the atmosphere that creates, and the feeling it brings me. i'm not in music to be critic "omg-he-doesn't-play-at-the-speed-of-the-light-and-does-minor-sweeps-or-arpegios- inb#7th-wtf-is-it-and-its-not-prog-or-experimental-enought"
i can enjoy Ramones and omgWintersun at the same level for instance

i like old-dirty-poorly-made black metal not to be tr00Kvlt, but because the "aura" that BM creates in me, feels nice and relaxing :)

indeed Elisa, i listen to music cuz of the atmosphere that creates, and the feeling it brings me. i'm not in music to be critic "omg-he-doesn't-play-at-the-speed-of-the-light-and-does-minor-sweeps-or-arpegios- inb#7th-wtf-is-it-and-its-not-prog-or-experimental-enought"
i can enjoy Ramones and omgWintersun at the same level for instance

i like old-dirty-poorly-made black metal not to be tr00Kvlt, but because the "aura" that BM creates in me, feels nice and relaxing :)
Indeed... you're totally right.
It's more of a technique matter... I mean, I don't like all Black Metal bands that are on this earth, 'cause some stuff made by some people ain't music to me but just a bit of a crap... but the music I like, instead, makes me feel very relaxed -on the contrary to what it could seem to the ears of those ones who dislike this genre- and helps me feeling better when maybe I feel like I'm kind of nothing... that music and its sound, the vocals... it's like they "scream" for me and do what I couldn't do...
It's like it allows me to get rid of all the negative things I feel inside of me, but without commit anything that could hurt anyone... and guys, feel free to call me stupid anyway, I won't blame anyone, haha. :)

1. Evergrey - The Inner Circle
2. Evergrey - In Search Of Truth
3. Evergrey - Recreation Day
4. Sentenced - The Cold White Light
6. Wintersun - Wintersun

agreed! :lol:
i can't really give a diversified cd-list since i don't like all genres :lol:
but when evergrey reaches 25 cd's, everyone should own all of those.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6564566 said:
Indeed... you're totally right.
It's more of a technique matter... I mean, I don't like all Black Metal bands that are on this earth, 'cause some stuff made by some people ain't music to me but just a bit of a crap... but the music I like, instead, makes me feel very relaxed -on the contrary to what it could seem to the ears of those ones who dislike this genre- and helps me feeling better when maybe I feel like I'm kind of nothing... that music and its sound, the vocals... it's like they "scream" for me and do what I couldn't do...
It's like it allows me to get rid of all the negative things I feel inside of me, but without commit anything that could hurt anyone... and guys, feel free to call me stupid anyway, I won't blame anyone, haha. :)

indeed :lol: its not all bands, gosh sometimes i rather hear a drill than some BM bands.

1. Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
2. Kalmah- Swampsong
3. Ensiferum- Ensiferum
4. Blind Guardian- Nightfall in Middle-Earth
5. Angra- Temple of Shadows
6. Naglfar- Sheol
7. Sonata Arctica- Ecliptica
8. Children of Bodom- Follow the Reaper
9. Wintersun- Wintersun
10. Death- Symbolic

No specific order, but there's a nice list to me.

Okay here's my list no particular order:

1 Shadows Fall - The Art of Balance
2 Shadows Fall - Threads of Life
3 Unearth - III: In the Eyes of Fire
4 Metallica - Ride the Lightning
5 Metallica - ...And Justice for All
6 Trivium - Ascendancy
7 Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn
8 Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake
9 Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
10 Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
11 Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
12 Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
13 Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
14 Nevermore - This Godless Endevor
15 Symphony X - The Oddysey
16 Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
17 Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
18 Unearth - The Oncoming Storm
19 Zao - The Funeral of God
20 Led Zepplin - Physical Graffiti
21 Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears
22 Inearthed - Implosion of Heaven
23 Slayer - Reign In Blood
24 Megadeth - Captial Punishment: The Megadeth Years
25 Pink Floyd - The Wall

┼Victim of the Night┼;6564528 said:

I was into BM when I was like.. 16, I liked the negative energy and the misanthropia then BM contains, and I still like bands as Emperor, Shining, Marduk, old-Satyricon, and above all Impaled Nazarene (even if they're not tr00). But as an exemple, I can't listen to Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth or Darkthrone more than a minute. It just not.. fits to me. I can't discernate the interesting part of it. The sound is probably too insupportable for me :lol:

some people really need to diversify their lists. fluttery keyboards can get boring after awhile.

Agreed. You can't proclaim that the 25 best metal albums ever are only symphonic-progressive-keyboards-orchestral shit.