$50 D.I.Y. Reamp box

Crap I keep forgetting to post pics of mine. The guts of mine look pretty much identical to those above, but I painted mine white and put some really oversized feet on it to make it look kinda funny. I don't really get to use it though lately because I don't have any room to set up my amp since I moved. I remember wishing it was active, though, as it normally sounds best when I run some sort of clean boost in front of it, like my seymour duncan boost pedal. I'll try to put a couple pics up of it later today.

Instead of having the wire go to tab 4 on the bottom row, ground it straight to the case.

I figured something out actually. When I flick the switch, the pots work backwards :loco: I must have messed something up. I'll try that case grounding.

I figured something out actually. When I flick the switch, the pots work backwards :loco: I must have messed something up. I'll try that case grounding.

You almost have it right. That #4 lug on the bottom needs to go to chassis ground. Then all things that need to be grounded(xlr pin/switch, and output jack pin) can just be connected to that.

Your VR1 left/right wires should be opposite.

Your VR2 wiring is backwards.

Here is a pic for ya. Damn I love the Windows 7 Snipping tool
fix.gif

1000 hours in photoshop

Thanks, all sorted out now!

I made some test clips of a straight amp connection then a reamp with the same performance, it sounds the same. No need for it to be active(plus I'm using passive pickups into two passive devices!)

Question: The one you're telling me to connect to pin one is connected to the output. So am I supposed to take the ground from the output and put it to pin 1?
)

No, the ground from the output should be going to ground, either pin 4(so long as you have a wire going to the chassis from pin 4) or take it straight to the chassis ground. Take a look at the original schematic(not the layout drawing) and it should make more sense. bottom line is you need a common ground point somewhere on the chassis

hey i've finally assembled my reamp box diy.. with edcors transformers too, but i compared myself playing and reamped and I don't know why played sound better, the reamped looses treble frequencies...
I've got an RME FireFace 400, it has balanced outputs and i used monojack, maybe this is the problem why it do not sound perfect... and with impedance knob i do not found any hearable difference, i upload audio demos:
NO REAMPED
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1416648/REAMPED/SLO-GUITAR-NOREAMP.wav

REAMPED
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1416648/REAMPED/SLO-GUITAR-REAMP.wav

This is my DIY Soldano SLO100 recorded with 2 sm57 one center 90º and the other 45º
maybe for the same reason as i don't use balanced wire i don't get enought signal to have the same gain with both recordings, I used Volume of reamp to max... and the volume of sound card and computer to max too and still not enought gain so... I'll have to buy an stereo Jack to make more testing, but this is normal?

thank you!

yes you can build in a rack format... simply assembly everything on a rack.. that's all...

what do you guys think about what happens to me?

hey i've finally assembled my reamp box diy.. with edcors transformers too, but i compared myself playing and reamped and I don't know why played sound better, the reamped looses treble frequencies...
I've got an RME FireFace 400, it has balanced outputs and i used monojack, maybe this is the problem why it do not sound perfect... and with impedance knob i do not found any hearable difference, i upload audio demos:
NO REAMPED
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1416648/REAMPED/SLO-GUITAR-NOREAMP.wav

REAMPED
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1416648/REAMPED/SLO-GUITAR-REAMP.wav

This is my DIY Soldano SLO100 recorded with 2 sm57 one center 90º and the other 45º
maybe for the same reason as i don't use balanced wire i don't get enought signal to have the same gain with both recordings, I used Volume of reamp to max... and the volume of sound card and computer to max too and still not enought gain so... I'll have to buy an stereo Jack to make more testing, but this is normal?

thank you!

that :loco:

yea that same low-ish gain issue is happening to me too
but im figuring it out now with alot of good help from Audiogeekzine.
(not a great motivator, but fuck it)

you should get a balanced cable
and use a mono aux. and have the fader up higher untill you get the gain and frequencies you desire

what D.A.W. you using?

i'm using Reaper 3.141 PPC release

tomorrow i'll buy a pair of stereo jacks and i'll do the wires ;)