9/11 aka Sept.11 ... five years later

~hides~, seems like i am gullible,

Anyway its not just that we have to respect, but it seems like we have to with every other culture we had to respect every other culture aswell, for one the morning of the Tongan tong, when in reality he was a cruel person.... he kept his country in economic poverty and kept discussing traditions going, as in, you had to crawl to him, and you went allowed to look at his face, also if you were of Tongan decent you were forbidden to eat with him at the table, (even family) you had to eat on the floor like an animal.

We had to fly our flags half mast as well… (well perhaps this is because we are the guardians of Tonga… hmmm.

He made sure everyone’s fortnightly wage was like 18NZD (that is like $10USd every 2 weeks.

It is true, if someone flew a plane through our sky tower, the USA wouldn't have a memorial day for our loss... They might issue a statement a while after it happened but it wouldn’t be on the front page of the news paper like we have to put for all USA events.

What makes me furious is when they refuse to recognise that there is a world out there… I have many links to posts outside this board that would prove me right, majority of the USA doesn’t seem to care about the rest of the world… Why do we have to care about them? Because if he didn’t it would be considered disrespectful…. I have links to video clips that will prove the rest of the US has no clue about anything… In schools you have years of American history in high detail but the rest of the world is barely touched upon…. You would have no clue who the woman was that started the woman’s movement was… That was because she wasn’t from the USA. But she was born in the UK and moved to NZ when she was a child… I am not saying your stupid… But USAIAN society refuses to acknowledge that they are the only 1st world country in the world. They are one of the only ones left on the imperial system and they seem to think that is the best system to be on…. The USA was forced to use the metric system for flying and all that because it was causing deaths with the converting problems. (e.g., gallons vs litters)

(And I do know that you learn a bit about countries that you have had a war with)

I firmly believe in free speech as well, but sadly this is what a lot of people agree with and sadly enough I am a very political person and it seemed with all the USAian friends I had… If I mentioned one thing about politics they went off at me… All way to defensive.

Edit: For some reason, I just got all angry all of a sudden. Political is a dirty word… I mean I can’t help get rouded up and for some reason it tears everyone apart even more… But unfortunately in the world we live in it will continue to be our main topic of conversation and ones persons views can piss another off even when, none of that was intended…. Or even get people hating people when its only ONE OPINION ON ONE THING…. I know :/ ~hides again~

Taliesin said:
I think it's hilarious how George Bush said that they'll build a new, greater WTC, as a symbol of freedom and peace and all.. and how 5 years later, all we see is a big hole where the new WTC should be.
I just love the irony in that :D

That's more Gov. George Pataki and the Lower Manhatten Development Group's fault than George Bush's. It's called "government beaurocracy.

If government would butt out of shit like this, stuff would get done. It's the private sector in this country that gets shit done.

My momma always taught me that if you rely on government for anything, you're always gonna be disappointed.

Rayna said:
But tell me, You are from the USA I take it?

She's not. Unless, unbeknownst to me, I've been living in the USA all through high school and college years as well.

Tell me, Did you remember what date the London bombings happened?

She already posted the date!

I have links to viedo clips that will prove the rest of the US has no clue about anything…

May I venture that - as Internet-savvy as you certainly are - you're not likely to win an argument through the use of "links to video clips"?

I am not Saying your stupid

Which is just as well, because it would be horrible grammar (not to mention one of the top ten most common mistakes. In the USA).

rahvin said:
Which is just as well, because it would be horrible grammar (not to mention one of the top ten most common mistakes. In the USA).

:lol:

I love your sig quote, btw. I have this impression of you being almost as House as House. Which is awesome. I'll have to get Hyena to confirm/deny.

~kov.

Kovenant84 said:
I love your sig quote, btw. I have this impression of you being almost as House as House. Which is awesome. I'll have to get Hyena to confirm/deny.

Ah, how I wish I could claim to be like HIM! But I can't possibly flatter myself that much, although of late I just might have muscle damage in my right thigh. ;)

rahvin said:

Nah, saying that I am stupid is one of the top ten most common mistakes everywhere. :lol:

@kov: I've never seen any episode of House so unfortunately I cannot help you on that...

@rayna: of course you're entitled to your opinion, but maybe you would be helped by lightening up a bit. that's the worst part about activists, they take themselves far too seriously, so that their causes pass off as sanctimonious and boring even if they're right. of course i concur on what you said on honoring dead autocrats - that's absolute shit. this is a kind of message that can get you support from left, right and center. however, bashing the USA is way too commonplace (and also wrong IMO), and your good points get diluted. anyway i'll stop picking on you, breaking the newbie's will has to be a strong and swift operation.

oh, and as rahvin said, i'm not american, i only wish i was, but that's just because i could become president if i was.

Well, what would be your first action as president, Ms. Hyena?

And I'll make the House thing simple. Rahvin is to forum members as House is to patients. :p

It sounds insulting, but it's actually awesome.

~kov.

@kov: first, it's dr. hyena. :lol: :lol: once we have that settled, well... here's a list of possible first actions:

1. launching the fairness in gender relationships act, also known as the merciful coupling act in the popular press, with the following content: every 30th attempt to have a relationship with someone of the preferred gender must be obligatorily crowned with success, so as to raise the nation's welfare. this basically means that anyone who gets rejected 29 times in a row by different would-be partners cannot be rejected by the 30th. of course there must be provisions against cheating, in the sense that one cannot make void attempt with 29 people they don't like just to get the one they like. it has to be genuine and done in good faith.

2. invading iran.

3. getting myself a bunch of supernaturally exciting cabinet members and aides, and bending the fairness in gender relationships act in order to have fun with some of them.

4. launching the life is too short to drink bad wine act legalizing public drinking nationwide, with a proviso: you can drink in a park, on the street etc providing you're drinking something decent. people will be allowed to do what they want as long as it's good wine and, occasionally, good beer (although they must prove that their wine:beer ratio does not exceed a certain threshold, which will be established by a commission of experts). on the contrary, if you're caught drinking cheap and disgusting stuff, be it on the street or at home, you get arrested.

have to think of something more, but that's more or less the lie of the land for my first 10 days.

The devastating effects of #4 would easily distract the public eye from any possible consequence of #2, due to the fact that there is no decent alcoholic drink in the United States in the wine/beer department (LOOK AT ME MOM I SAID SOMETHING ANTI-USA).

@rahvin: this goes to show that i have supernatural powers - the only good drinks you got in America were courtesy of, well, me. :p

@taliesin: i was actually serious about all 4. :lol:

hyena said:
@rahvin: this goes to show that i have supernatural powers - the only good drinks you got in America were courtesy of, well, me. :p

@taliesin: i was actually serious about all 4. :lol:

When i was there, they were okay... I mean the huge jugs of mai tais were nice, but not that strong... its like it was already a mix....

Although I was 18 in the bars lol... i was sooo dropping... But these chocolate ones I had were nice.... mmmmmm food.

Rayna said:
When i was there, they were okay... I mean the huge jugs of mai tais were nice, but not that strong... its like it was already a mix....

The harder drinks are actually quite ok there, in my experience. It's just the wine (overpriced and headache-inducing, altogether crappy compared to what you get in Europe) and the beer (washed-down, 5% alcohol tops, no variety in taste whatsoever...) I'm strongly opposed to. I seldom have cocktails or hard drinks when I go out, so the poor quality of wine and beer makes it hard for me to "have my alcohol" in the USA.

I had a whole jug... I was kinda tipsy lol...

We had jugs of that and long island stuff, i didnt like that really...

(I was in LA, Universal city in holloywood... At the Chop/rib house) That did cheep jugs.... So yummm......My Mai Tai's are better though.... Very strong but its a REAL Mai Tai.... Except one of these is like equiviliant to like 2/3 of a jug in LA....

Ah, Long Island Iced Teas. I hate 'em, the gf loves 'em. Of course, she can tell the difference between Absolut and other vodkas by taste, and I just throw them up, so there's that too.

And I take exception to the fact that we have no good beers over here! We import some very nice drinks, thank you very much!

~kov. (Diehard Guiness man)

Part 2: Forgot to respond to Hyena. I would actually elect you, and I really didn't think I would say that, :p. (I don't think we'd see quite eye-to-eye on politics, and I'm afeared of your superior knowledge on teh topic)

~kov^2.

Long Iceland Ice Tea rules. Island, that is :D

Prolly the only cocktail I can... could drink :) Oh, and it's 500 calories in each Cosmopolitan. Ew.

rahvin said:
My phone is not being tapped as of now.

Who knows? :D

Articles in German also say that journalists were amongst those, and that the newspaper "La Stampa" has yesterday published a list with lots of names, and besides these people, many other citizens would be affected.