9/11 aka Sept.11 ... five years later

UndoControl said:
Man, what ever did you do to poor Europe?! :D
The technical term is: "Splodge" :p

rayna said:
I don't even get that...
It's a diagram depicting the exagerated galva state that my mind invisions as Newyork. I have an issue with tall man made creations. They give me the willies. New york is famously known for it's huge buildings... and so I can't help but imagine it making the earth look like a lollypop.

hyena said:
i'm kind of starting to like plintus.

also, i would have some political stuff to say, but i need sleep.

let's make babies. Gaia will be watching (promise!) :heh:

marduk1507 said:
But this is not so much your business because of the US, but because of the terrorists, and maybe also because you are a human being, correct me if Im wrong there.
I believe I can choose if I want to get involved with foreign affairs and I choose not to. USA make shit, terrorists make shit. I don't agree with any of them but I most definitely don't want to get into crossfire.

marduk1507 said:
And gypsies for muslims? - now thats almost made me laugh. Muslims have always had a splendid life in the Balkan area, thats for sure. Srebrenica is probably not your business either, simply because you live in Slovenia, right? Well, I consider it my business, because I simply cannot believe such things could happen in the end of the 20th century, I feel guilty and ashamed of the "human" nature.
Comparing coconuts with spam, eh? Naturally Srebrenica is more important to me than 11/9, though it's not because of that why I don't want to have anything to do with it. The people that died that day didn't deserve to die but their death doesn't justify what USA is doing. The great symbolic power is used for doing evil and I won't support it as long as it doesn't change, it's sad that the USA have become the evil they fought against. They are quick to bomb a country to stone age if it's in their benefit but to prevent millions from being murdered during the last couple years in Africa... nope, not their business. Even Slovenia is more active about it.

Rayna said:
Aggreed except for the last bit... which i dont understand...
Eh, a bit of a joke, but gypsies tend to make a lot of crime related problems, they can shoot other people and the police and the state don't care or don't have the guts to do something about it, their kids don't go to school, they get money from the state because they are socially endangered but they're driving around in bmw's and mercedes', etc etc... Not all are like this, but many. There are many more muslims here but there's no real problems with them. Well, the first ever džamija in Slovenia (don't know how it's called or spelt in English - muslim center) is allowed to be built, we'll see what happens.

rahvin said:
My phone is not being tapped as of now. Is yours?

i think that, according to her reasoning, this proves you're a criminal. :lol:

@plintus: mirror on the ceiling, yes. live things watching, absolutely not. take it or leave it.

hyena said:
i think that, according to her reasoning, this proves you're a criminal. :lol:

I was, in fact, hoping to reach the same conclusion (about myself), at some point down the line of figuring out why exactly she feels violated by people listening in to the times when she calls Salamurhaaja "pumpkin pie" or something like that. I mean, it keeps the folks entertained on an otherwise boring job: if that's not a social service to your country, I don't know what is.

hyena said:
@plintus: mirror on the ceiling, yes. live things watching, absolutely not. take it or leave it.

That's actually really fun (the mirror) :). I had a mirror in my old studio that took up an entire wall. It was really friggin fun for about the first 3 months. Then you start to wonder. "Shit... what's on the other side of that wall?" I became paranoid that it was a two-way mirror, and I'd wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking people were watching me through it. Turns out it obviously wasn't, but it really ruined the whole mirror thing for me for a while.

rahvin said:
My phone is not being tapped as of now. Is yours?

Probably :(

~kov.

plintus said:
How can you calm barbarians with deep pockets? I know only one efficient method - carpet bombings :Smokin:

The point is, why it seems impossible in Europe and US to send criminals, and hate preachers either back to their homecountry or to jail and suspected terrorists to trial; as there has been gathered enough evidence against many of them already, and on the other hand with the reason of "the war against terror" (instead of "the war against saudi-arab terrorists", but that could offend the mighty saudi-arabia...) there are bombed entire countries elsewhere.

So it´s unlawful or impossible to send extremist moslems back to where they came from (there was a case in Cologne, where the person insisted on his asylum rights, as he would be tortured in his homecountry when returning there. It took years to get rid of him), but it´s alright with law to accept hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths by carpet bombing or erroneous aims.

It´s as if the main goal was to limit civil rights in democratic countries, and even though all the checks and restrictions have brought some evidence against extremists, it´s not even being used, and that´s what angers me.

I find it ironic that recent wars have been named to be in order to bring freedom, liberalism and free speech to the Middle East, while at the same time the anti-terror laws at home are diminishing just that.

some fuckwit tonight at dinner said 'i like BBC better than CNN because while discussing national contingents sent to war BBC uses the wording our troops and CNN uses the wording our boys'. i wish i had a serious opportunity to move to the US, like, now.

because you sound like a liberal so you must be either boring or corrupt. if you're both, i don't want to hear.

hmmmm, You sound like an angry person... We dont have liberal, democrat stuff ovehear, they tried to introduce it but it never really worked...

But i am sure that if you explain your versions of boring or corrupt i will be able to correct you...

~pets~

I'm not angry, 'overhear'. I'm just someone with a sense of humor and I was using paradoxical figures of speech to get you confused. I succeeded. Go me! :p

And now marduk is going to accuse me of having a bad day or something. :lol: Nah, just fun, you know.

However, if I have to be serious, I just didn't like the political opinions you posted in the 9/11 thread, they go very deeply and fundamentally against my principles. But it's ok, I also like freedom of speech, so I'm happy that you're allowed to post them. Not necessarily happy about you actually posting them, see.

Where's Lina when we need her in a debate? Hey, join. I can see you checking out the forum! We need more arguments and more skirmishes, especially because I can trust them to be in good humor.