A bad 2001 for all?

huevo

fuzzy melon
Oct 20, 2001
Colorado
I've been reading Opet's "surrounded by death" post and relating it to what's been going on in my life, and with those people who are close to me. It seems like 2001, especially the second half, has been quite a shitty year for many peeps out there.

A good friend of mine has been unemployed for months now and is desparate to get a job, all 4 of my roomates are having horrible semesters, one might not be able to come back.. my grandma died in August.. just some of the things that have happened. Lots of these things may sound insignificant when spread out over a period of time, but it's all happened in the past 4-5 months. Then of course, there's 9/11 and everything that resulted from it.

What happened with me? I got the bulk of emotional troubles dumped on me just as soon as my college courses became difficult (1st semester senior year). I fell in love with a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years, and for a while I thought the feeling was mutual, seeing as how we had achieved quite a romantic relationship at one point. But then she backs off, saying she doesn't think it's appropriate. After telling me (in a voice of reason) she didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone, she has now gone back to her boyfriend (it didn't take longer than a week after she said this). Right now I'm at a complete loss of words, but it seems like she knows what life is like with this guy.. whether it's good or bad.. she's familiar with it. She gave me bullshit excuses for not having the same feelings towards me, such as "you're 3 years older."

What did I do wrong? All I did was love her.. as much as I possibly could. I was willing to offer this girl everything, but because it was a new situation for her, she's now trying to distance herself from me. What pisses me off is that much of my idealism towards love has now gone out the window, and knowing that someone is consciously trying to distance themself from me is pretty disconcerting. To top it off, my semester GPA is now in the shits.

anyway, i'm just blabbling now.. i guess the most we can do on this board is just to be there to provide some insight with regards to these events, and be there for eachother. I really like this board.. it's got quite the share of intelligent and insightful people who always have something to say.

anyway, hang in there everybody.. the best we can do is learn from all these happenings :)

2001 one has been a great year for me personally. Everything has been goin rather smooth, despite some health issues with myself and both my parents...

The situation in the world might not be the best right now, but that will hopefully sort it self out soon...At least I hope so...

i think i've grown up a lot this year, so i think its been pretty good and i'm pretty much content at the moment, i've lost a lot of friends and started university so my lifes been turned upside down, but i think i've become more mature and its as if my eyes have been opened to the world, i'm perhaps a little less naive but i'm beginning to look at things over the long term instead of wanting things to happen today and then getting frustrated, i'm not as depressed as i used to be, i've started to see the beauty in things around me and to be thankful for what i've got. i dont really think of the year in terms of the things that have happened to me or to the things around me, but instead what i've learnt, how i've progressed, and in those terms i think 2001 has been good :)

umm.. yes, 2001 was one of the worst years of my life but i think it helped me to realize that looking back it was one of the best too... i went through a lot of things, some of them were awful but i had the most fun ever so i just want it to end soon before something bad happens again :)

2001 has been a wonderful year. Not only did I get really into metal this year starting out with thrash and speed metal, I have also passed into the black/death metal phase. Currently I am more into black metal such as new Emperor, Limbonic Art, Nokturnal Mortum, Diabolical Masquerade, etc.(I really like atmospheric music). Socially, it has been worse than last year (freshman year). I find myself being more and more secluded from friends I have gone to school with since preschool. Lately it has been getting better though. Anyways, this is the first metal year of my life. Also I have developed my thoughts and philosophical views on the world more deeply, and know more about myself than I ever have.

2001 has been a terrible year.

Can you say:

Goddamnmotherfuckingbadyearwithcancerdeathdepressionunhappinesslossandpain....?

mine was okay, i went back to uni (after being kicked out in 2000 and spending most of the year dossing), all my relatives seem fine (two of my grandparents died, and mother had a heart attack in 2000), in 2000 the guy i was going to live with last year decided to stay at home to get a better job so i ended up living with a complete prick for 10 months...the ppl i'm living with atm i quite cool (they're a little dull tho (maths students) and my room mate and i have completely different taste in muisc (well probably just the abscence of taste in his case) and sleeping paterns, which causing some differculties, but nothing major...all in all 2001 has been quite good, much better than 2000

a rather meaningless year... nothing special happened...nothing extremely depressing and nothing really exciting...I was mostly stuck into a big void which forced me do a lot of thinking and trying to find some meaning in my lately so boring life.Still i haven't find the golden balance I'm looking for and I can't tell whether this empty state is better than the constantly black/mourning feeling i had in the past...
No,I don't feel depressed anymore,I'm rather sad....and feeling that (almost) nothing exciting is happening anymore...and nothing exciting will come.
Summer 2001 was the worst in my entire lifetime...totally useless,a waste of time...
: sigh :

So far it's been a great year for me...

Got my degree, a steady girlfriend, and I'm re-discovering the joys of black metal.

Apart from the constant undercurrent of melancholia, things are going pretty good. :)

This year's been strange, but as it comes to a close, I can say that it's been a positive year. Though it's my first year away from home, and I've been somewhat broke and lonely, things ARE looking up.

2000 sucked. ;)